Cars getting dyno tuned tomorrow!!!

Onalky87

Car is at ottos. All mods are in sig. It's been a long process with this car guys. I'll let everyone know tomorrow afternoon how it does. But let's hear what you guys think it will make. Prob in the 26-27psi range

sounds fun!!! i am going to guess with that psi on a safe a/f i would say 575/640tq

Guys I need ur help. If anyone has a bottom end for sale. The motor came apart on the dyno due to the .30 under bearings in it. I'm a reck right now and need your guys help. I'm Gunna post in the parts wanted section now

i better be careful with my stock bottom then.

here's my best advice. find a pull a part, or something like it. do the research here(to find the cars that had them). you are looking for a 4.1 liter v6. if it has the distribiter in front and a 4 barrel that's the one, get the crank out of it. then look for a 3.8 block with 109 casting numbers, and you've got a good start.

p.s. if you go looking, p.m. me for my phone number. if you find a 4.1 with 044 as casting numbers and you can get it for 150.00 call me - i'll probably buy it.

Stock bottom ? I would not try to push it over 575. If you have a built bottom I am going to say 610 hp 640 tq :D

Guys I need ur help. If anyone has a bottom end for sale. The motor came apart on the dyno due to the .30 under bearings in it. I'm a reck right now and need your guys help. I'm Gunna post in the parts wanted section now

What tha hell?! Fachie Motion posts not to push it over 575 on a stock bottom and then Onalky says his bottom end came apart???!!

The two posts are within 8 minutes of each other?!!?

Sorry to hear about your engine :(

What tha hell?! Fachie Motion posts not to push it over 575 on a stock bottom and then Onalky says his bottom end came apart???!!

The two posts are within 8 minutes of each other?!!?

Sorry to hear about your engine :(

Umm ahh.. .030 under bearings.

Not Std/Std on the crank.

Once you cut the crank.. and have to cut it deep.. it weakens it. Is what it is.

Good luck on the replacement.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You may find a hot air shortblock cheap too.

what breaks today can be put back together or replaced tommorrow,remember it's mechanical and things give way and once it's fixed and performing like you want it you will be real happy.

Man that sucks !!!! I sort of know how you feel. I put my car on the dyno after 3 years of work. Paint , motor, suspension.....Thought I was all set but I found out the original owner of the motor that I had swapped into my car used stock crap gaskets when he had the Champion irons put on. Guess how I found out :mad:
If it's not a money issue I would take the extra time and get a well built bottom end and not have to worry. You have a pretty sick combo there and you know you are going to want to turn up the boost. I know you are dying to drive the thing but hang in there. Sorry about your setback today but remember that's all it is a setback. Otto will get you back together fast enough. Good luck

Haha strangely enough those r the exact numbers I'm hoping for. It's like you read my mind

ouch sorry for your missfortune. looks like we would have been close at 26/27 psi. yes i heard those 6776bb turbo's hit hard fast and stress the bottom end at a fast rate

ouch sorry for your missfortune. looks like we would have been close at 26/27 psi. yes i heard those 6776bb turbo's hit hard fast and stress the bottom end at a fast rate

Ya I guess so. I need a forged bottom end. 9 sec capable and ready to go

So ask around for me!!!!

Ya I guess so. I need a forged bottom end. 9 sec capable and ready to go

So ask around for me!!!!

what let loose the crank or the block? this is why i went with the forged bottom end dont always go balls to the wall but you never know. i went with the stroker because it was only a few hundred more.