Can anyone tell from this PL file why my 120's are maxing out?

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
It's just a quick blast. Let me know if you have an idea.

Attachments

• 2.dat
    260.1 KB · Views: 127
I doubt I could hit your 1/4 mile with the way these things are maxing out now. :mad: We'll get it figured out though. :)

Looks like it is maxed out just because the boost is so high.

Aside from that, fuel pressure is dropping low. Should have 75psi fuel at 30lb boost you have there, but you are getting as low as 61psi fuel. (assuming your pressure sensor is the same as mine)

You will be able to achieve that 10.9 AFR with less injector duty if you can get the pressure up.

What chip? Extender?

Compared to my 120's
I'm getting 85% duty @ 5600 RPM. 10.8AFR. 25-26psi boost.
Would not surprise me if mine maxed out before reaching 30PSI.

The 120 lb injectors were maxing out at 5500 rpm and above when my second Walbro 340 fuel pump was not coming on. The second pump allows my combination to trap at 63% DC at close to 6000 rpm.

If my memory serves me correct he has a external 625 Magnafuel pump.

My question, how come your running 30psi boost ?

If my memory serves me correct he has a external 625 Magnafuel pump.

My question, how come your running 30psi boost ?

Because that's where you set it ;). That's just where it was when you threw the new turbo on.

Aside from that, fuel pressure is dropping low. Should have 75psi fuel at 30lb boost you have there, but you are getting as low as 61psi fuel. (assuming your pressure sensor is the same as mine)

You will be able to achieve that 10.9 AFR with less injector duty if you can get the pressure up.

What chip? Extender?

Oops, this must be a log before we cleaned the fuel filters out. She's rising where she should be now. Yes the chip is an extender.

Compared to my 120's
I'm getting 85% duty @ 5600 RPM. 10.8AFR. 25-26psi boost.
Would not surprise me if mine maxed out before reaching 30PSI.

I guess I'm surprised because I thought someone was running 35 lb's on 120's. I was reading somewhere that not all the 120's were acting the same. Maybe we got a junky set, or maybe the other guy was misinformed :confused:. Either way maybe it's time to take the step up to 160's. We still got a couple more things to try out before that though.

Tpro Chip, Translator Pro, 625 magnafuel, -8 to the rail. This car should not be having a problem. The one thing that falls short is the power wire and relay for the pump. We need to get the new ones going. We also need to figure out why your voltage is so low. If what the pl reports is accurate, your way low. It may just be ecm voltage. We have to check it at the alternator and the pump.

Good thing your tracking is adding some fuel. Can't believe no knock. o_O

For now turn the boost down. If you can't get it down, call me.

Rick

Tpro Chip, Translator Pro, 625 magnafuel, -8 to the rail. This car should not be having a problem. The one thing that falls short is the power wire and relay for the pump. We need to get the new ones going. We also need to figure out why your voltage is so low. If what the pl reports is accurate, your way low. It may just be ecm voltage. We have to check it at the alternator.

Good thing your tracking is adding some fuel. Can't believe no knock. o_O

For now turn the boost down. If you can't get it down, call me.

Rick

We already turned it down to like 25? I think and everything seems pretty peachy there. The alternator is brand new. As far as the no knock E85 is a hell of a drug :D. And it seems like most powerlogeer files from anyone shows a pretty low voltage. I remember a write up though about someone beefing up their ground wire from the alternator and that really helping out the voltage. Maybe that's worth a try.

Um, I doubt your boost target is set for 30psi. Lower the start duty cycle in the boost control.

Yes allot of peeps voltage reads low. I know all about it. Mine use to be the same way.
I know your alternator is new. I doubt that's your problem. Like I said, we need to do some testing and run the new wire and relay for the pump.

I'll give you a call this evening. See if we can set something up.

RL

Um, I doubt your boost target is set for 30psi. Lower the start duty cycle in the boost control.

Yes allot of peeps voltage reads low. I know all about it. Mine use to be the same way.
I know your alternator is new. I doubt that's your problem. Like I said, we need to do some testing and run the new wire and relay for the pump.

I'll give you a call this evening. See if we can set something up.

RL

Again the boost is at about 25 now and everything is where it should be. This log was from before we cleaned the fuel filters and adjusted the boost. I posted this log to try and find out what I need to do if I wanted to bump the boost back up in the future. I will be heading out of town tonight, so I won't have time to play with it.

So the file you posted is not current?:confused: Your killing me bro.........

After I adjusted the boost and cleaned the filter the duty cycle came down. Where is that file?

Rick

So the file you posted is not current?:confused: Your killing me bro.........

After I adjusted the boost and cleaned the filter the duty cycle came down. Where is that file?

Rick

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize this file was before you cleaned the filters. I thought I had a file with 30psi or so post cleaning the filters. I don't have access to the files at this time - I'm at work. Don't tell my boss I'm on here ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't realize this file was before you cleaned the filters. I thought I had a file with 30psi or so post cleaning the filters. I don't have access to the files at this time - I'm at work. Don't tell my boss I'm on here ;)

Crank up that base pressure up and turn it back to 30+ :) Friend at out local track ran a set of 80's well into the 1000whp mark with 68psi base fuel pressure and 24lbs on a tc78/ 5.3ls setup (3 walbro 255's)

Crank up that base pressure up and turn it back to 30+ :) Friend at out local track ran a set of 80's well into the 1000whp mark with 68psi base fuel pressure and 24lbs on a tc78/ 5.3ls setup (3 walbro 255's)
Good point

It's worth a shot I guess. I just wonder how much it will throw the rest of the tune off. I have to ask though, what was your buddies chip calling for at base pressure? That setup seems like apple and oranges to where I'm at.

It's worth a shot I guess. I just wonder how much it will throw the rest of the tune off. I have to ask though, what was your buddies chip calling for at base pressure? That setup seems like apple and oranges to where I'm at.

Apples to watermelons maybe. This was using HPtuners on a 5.3 v8. Same principle applies though. Thats a nice pump and you should be able to get away with some high fuel pressures. Assuming the 120's flow 120lbs at 43 psi base, they will flow like a 140lb injector with a base pressure of 60psi(or 135lb at 55psi base). Keep you total pressure under 100 and the injectors should operate fine. You would have to pull fuel out of the tune. I'm sure any chip builder can program this in if you inform them your are using 60psi base pressure.