Build Time

so forget the GNX turbo? only 110 dollars. I Wanted to do what Adam did to his car. If I rebuild my engine, I know it will be able to handle the power of the turbo and the block is setup for the turbo. If I get a new block, Ill have to get all of the right parts. Im setting an Max budget of 2500. Since I just bought an RV 500 is going to get it going. Dodge makes a serious 440:D

It's not a GNX turbo kid. It's an idiot that's trying to sell something. Stay away from it.

so forget the GNX turbo? only 110 dollars. I Wanted to do what Adam did to his car. If I rebuild my engine, I know it will be able to handle the power of the turbo and the block is setup for the turbo. If I get a new block, Ill have to get all of the right parts. Im setting an Max budget of 2500. Since I just bought an RV 500 is going to get it going. Dodge makes a serious 440:D

did you check my craigslist? yous should:rolleyes:

A GNX turbo will have the same rating at the 86-87 tubo but has a ceramic exducer. Not a .42 ar which is the same as the C/T cars. The 86-87 turbo is rated at .63. OOPS!:eek:

dude my ciera coupe trunk isn't big either but its big enough to fit a 3.8L buick block with intake nad all, just wont close all the way, i doubt your Marquis is that small of a trunk...maybe just as low, but dude, it'll fit man. its not some 700 pound monster engine lol.

dude my ciera coupe trunk isn't big either but its big enough to fit a 3.8L buick block with intake nad all, just wont close all the way, i doubt your Marquis is that small of a trunk...maybe just as low, but dude, it'll fit man. its not some 700 pound monster engine lol.

i know im sounding like a winy B8tch but My mom would kill me if i put that in the car, the car gets like 11mpg on a good day, and probably wouldny make it to portland without some work. Its just too far. I saw a 75 v6 for sale, but that wont work.

What About This Motor

Found this in an el camino, would it work or is it a 229?

Attachments

• 23151132616_ORIG.jpg
    23151132616_ORIG.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 23151132643_ORIG.jpg
    23151132643_ORIG.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 174
I dont know man...where the hell is the distributor supposed to be on that engine? if its on the back of the engine, then that is a chevy 229 v6 and nowhere close to being right for a buick!

Do yourself a favor, and pull that NON AC box out and sell it for $250. Grab the fan controls, and the vents and stuff inside too. If you grab everything you could get a pretty penny if you sell it to a Malibu guy.

C'mon man you know that's a chevy 3.8 v6.

Yep, it's a cheby alright.:biggrin:

Do yourself a favor, and pull that NON AC box out and sell it for $250. Grab the fan controls, and the vents and stuff inside too. If you grab everything you could get a pretty penny if you sell it to a Malibu guy.

Got to agree with this. That's a very easy sale on the board, just make sure you get all the control parts so it's complete.:biggrin:

Yep, it's a cheby alright.:biggrin:

Got to agree with this. That's a very easy sale on the board, just make sure you get all the control parts so it's complete.:biggrin:

Dang, o well, I might just have to go to oregon, because the last buick v6 I saw just got tossed:( And ill definetly look into pulling those parts... if there not too expinsive...

Okay... this is going to be the first engine Ive ever built. Im thinking that if I get a standard 3.8 block that it doesnt have the turbo return holes setup, and that the block may not be able to handle the stress of turbo/turbo's

Someone probably said this already, I hate all that reading;), but the BUICK standard 3.8 block from the same years will work W/O the turbo return hole. SOME builders have said they like them better sense they haven't been beat on as hard usually...

Someone probably said this already, I hate all that reading;), but the BUICK standard 3.8 block from the same years will work W/O the turbo return hole. SOME builders have said they like them better sense they haven't been beat on as hard usually...

what on earth are you doing this side of the tracks?

LMAO

coming to join us street urchins?

A.j.

glad too see im a livin joke boys.....:mad: these cars are rather complicated... just trying to get my engine rebuilt...

they are NOT complicated. not like the damned VW watercooled engines of the recent years! nor the DOHC v6s or v8s with timing BELTS and hundreds of cogs n wires goign which way....
it takes a little time to find things, but with this resource board, and the expertise, it can't be as hard as troubleshooting a foreign engine whose support line is in Pakistan or something like that >,.>