Buick Wagon, TT, Alky, Dyno = fun

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
Well we all had some fun at the dyno today... hehehe

Here's the car:
Side View
(just looks like a good ol BBody wagon right?)

Here's the highest we pushed:
Best Run

Here's the engine bay:
Engine Wagon

This is a completely stock LT1 block with 112K and Keith's TT setup he's been doing lately. That sleeper enough for y'all?

With that power band.. makes a great tow vehicle :wink:

PhilM said:
Well we all had some fun at the dyno today... hehehe

Here's the car:
Side View
(just looks like a good ol BBody wagon right?)

Here's the highest we pushed:
Best Run

Here's the engine bay:
Engine Wagon

This is a completely stock LT1 block with 112K and Keith's TT setup he's been doing lately. That sleeper enough for y'all?
I still have to say that Keith's way of mounting the MAF on those twin turbo systems is about the silliest I've seen. Why doesn't he just go blow through?
Still an awesome ride. I keep toying with the idea of getting a B-body wagon as a DD.

What a dumb idea to put that much power under the hood of a station wagon.

wagon said:
What a dumb idea to put that much power under the hood of a station wagon.

lol

and razor: it tows lots of people very "nicely"

Why is that a bad MAF placement? Its the same way ppl mount them on the buicks ...

PhilM said:
Why is that a bad MAF placement? Its the same way ppl mount them on the buicks ...
Just something goofy looking about it, its not a technical objection other than I perfer blow through MAFs. Why not put the MAF in the up pipe so you don't have to run that piping across the engine bay.

My brother has a Caprice with the LT1, he is interested in the kit. How long did it take to get the kit made? What kind of deal did you get on it?

i remember seeing yall in bowling green.....i had no idea that was under the hood :eek:

nice

GNguy:
I'm Keith's brother and that is a customers car. You'd have to talk to Keith about the details RE pricing/time - im more the buick guy nowadays. I know this one went together rather quickly though, but we worked on it nonstop for about 3days, no sleep. The car was at the shop for about a week. Keith also did a bunch of other stuff too, FP, rear, SS exhaust, etc... so i suppose all of that is optional.

The car was also detuned for the guy as well, so he could more safely drive it on the street with less chance of breaking anything. He is around 410HP for street use. If the customer wants to do an engine & tranny, we can easily get 6-700HP with alky&pump out of it with that kit, np - his blowzilla car was over that on 94 with the alky, but the drivetrain was built quite strong. You really need to have a good engine/tranny,etc... for getting a 4500# car to be reliable over 500HP. But as far as a bone stock motor goes, this was the most power we've gotten out of one... we coulda gone higher, but the greed:breaking crap ratio left us keeping some composure so the customer could drive it back home. :)

As far as the MAF thing goes... i dont mind it and i guess keith doesn't mind it either. Putting in in the uppipe can get hairy with the space and the alky right near it. You spray alky anywhere near the MAF diodes, and the temp drops near it, you will get false readings... the MAF diodes are basically strain type elements, flow is measured by the temp across them. Plus that is one less thing i'd have to wire :)

Phil