Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

Haven't had time to work on the car with the new job Phil. I know it won't be ready for the power tour but if there's any way to get her done for the race I'll be there. Just don't want to commit until I get the time to do something to her.;)

Congratulations on the new job. Hope it works out well for you.

I hope you get to the Shootout this year.

Not sure why Matt posted here but glad to see Blake is working on putting the support team together.

Phil,

My name was mentioned in the ninth post of this thread as someone who Blake would like to have help with the tower. I posted here because I want Blake and others to know that I have no intention of doing that again this year, or in the future. I will be in the pits and on the track enjoying the event, just like most everyone else.

See you at the track!

Matt

Phil,

My name was mentioned in the ninth post of this thread as someone who Blake would like to have help with the tower. I posted here because I want Blake and others to know that I have no intention of doing that again this year, or in the future. I will be in the pits and on the track enjoying the event, just like most everyone else.

See you at the track!

Matt

Thanks for the information. I'm very glad the event is going to continue.

It is difficult to work and race at this event. At the last one, I think I sat down for about 30 minutes all day. Got in one timing run and then raced.

Thanks Phil. I am glad the event is going to continue as well. As long as this race goes on, I will try to show my support by fielding a car. Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a Buick in the future. I am not car prejudice at all. I did race on your side in 2009 with a G8 GT.

Matt

I was thinking the same thing that the Texas list was VERY light when compared to years past. o_O

I want to remind everyone that race day at Noble is nearly 5 months away and our list of 51 participants is pretty light. We need to reach 100 cars to race to show the Ford guys we support this event and we came to win.

count on this. Bones and I will not be the only Amarillo area guys there to run. People like James Waugh, George Hebbel, Richard Crich, Blake Johnson (he will be running an actual race vehicle this time), Billy Jones, etc. aren't going to be on this board or see this thread, but I would be surprised if any of them didn't decide to come. Amarillo will show up like we usually do. Unfortunately we are going to have a bunch of good running Fords coming along with us...

Pulling the engine and tranny this week. Something gave up in the trans, so time for some upgrades. New stall, transbrake, hardened/billet internals, aluminum radiator, downpipe, intercooler, translator, cold air, motor mounts, head gaskets, port and polish, and get the alky going. Hope to get it all done and reasonably tuned by then.

who is doing your tbrake for you? I am thinking about doing one eventually, but mine has a th350.

We are now up to 58 commitments and FYI, 3 of the 5 gentlemen listed by Will above were in the top Ten cars in 2011. I doubt they have slowed down.:D

AR JAMES KIDDY
AR WADE ATCHISON
KS ADAM KARY
KS BROKE
KS MAPMAKER
KS MATT GORDON
NE JIM RASMUSSEM
NE JOHN PLOG
OK ADAM LINDSEY
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK EDIE HOOPER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MARK GAINOR
OK MIKE LERNER
OK M.HOLLINGSWORTH
OK MIKE VAUGHN
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK TYRELL ROGERS
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX 8URV8
TX BILLY JONES
TX BLAKE JOHNSON
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BUD SMITH
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHRIS MCDADE
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX HOTRAWD
TX JAMES WAUGH
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX JIM MCDADE
TX JON HANSON
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX RICHARD CRICH
TX SIX IS ENOUGH
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES

Black Power said:
who is doing your tbrake for you? I am thinking about doing one eventually, but mine has a th350.

Not sure, I'm gonna talk to Bones and see who did his. That's on the hopeful part of my list of things I'm doing this summer.

I'm thinking Bones' gray car already had one in it when he bought it. I bet he knows of a good place, though.

The LS 6.0 GN is running and driving. Still fiddling with it daily, but it did make ~13psi today and scared the crap out of me. Wasn't expecting it to make that much with the current gate setting. So I am still thinking about this race every day when I see my black hunk of metal in the garage.

I'm thinking Bones' gray car already had one in it when he bought it. I bet he knows of a good place, though.

The LS 6.0 GN is running and driving. Still fiddling with it daily, but it did make ~13psi today and scared the crap out of me. Wasn't expecting it to make that much with the current gate setting. So I am still thinking about this race every day when I see my black hunk of metal in the garage.

Will, that sounds good. Car should be a powerhouse and I look forward to seeing you and watching your car run.

Phil Engle

Black Power said:

Yeah I know the gray car did, but his dads GN has one also. I figure he had that one put in. If not he'll know someone.

I believe all OKBuicks members are okay but many of us have friends or relatives that have been affected by the recent tornadoes and more storms are forecast for today.

Please pray for the people who were injured and especially for those who have lost children, other family members, friends, neighbors, homes, cars, all their possessions and pets.

Phil Engle

One of our long-time club members and many times Shootout participant, Rick Larson, was killed last night in a tragic accident.

Rick was 62, a good guy that loved cars and had a prankster alter ego. One year after the Fords killed us, he thought they had sandbagged too much and if I remember correctly, he showed up with a Fox body on a trailer and a whole bunch of sand bags. Ford guys didn't seem to think it was too funny but I certainly did. He will be sorely missed by those who knew him.

RIP good friend. You left us too soon.
Phil Engle