Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

So glad to hear the shootout is is back! It's my mission in life right now to get the Vega together and be ready. I didn't realize I would have to practically rebuild the entire car but hey, whatever it takes. The latest parts acquisition is a Moser Eng. M9 rear end as well as a Champion billet aluminum alternator bracket. Really pumped and ready to take out a Ford.

We need to get the really fast guys to show up this time. Cat 6, John Schmidt, Cotton, the red blown Pontiac, the nasty little black car with the V8 buick and the roots blower...anybody know these guys well enough to talk them into coming? ;)

Yes. Some of those conversations have taken place and others are planned.

We will have the strongest team we have ever had.

We lost a lot of fast cars to the supposedly last race event at Tulsa which was a big money event. The track reopened immediately thereafter under new ownership.

i think i need to buy some big zip ties to wrap around the engine to keep it together between now and then! i don't know how this stock bottom end has survived all the ill-tuning and learning to tune and cold start-ups/ hang my foot in it, its survived!

i think i need to buy some big zip ties to wrap around the engine to keep it together between now and then! i don't know how this stock bottom end has survived all the ill-tuning and learning to tune and cold start-ups/ hang my foot in it, its survived!

These motors are amazingly durable IF you keep them from detonating. When I was hammering on my new combo last spring, I had two experiences that I don't want to repeat.

First one was when I didn't have the shifter locked in Drive and a hard launch dropped it back into 2nd and it ran it to the top. With 28" tires and a great convertor, car pulled 6953 RPM and ran 108 MPH.:eek:

Second one was a test to check how it was pulling in 3rd. Car never has downshifted from third to 2nd but it does now with PTC convertor. It went up to the 6900 RPM range and blew away the tires at 70 MPH and give me quite a thrilling ride until it straightened out.

Car goes to the tranny doctor in the morning. Flaring at 2-3 shift and 1-2 shift is way too harsh for regular driving.

Get your facts straight. October 12th is 24 days AFTER the NATS.:D
Then my math is BROKE!!

posted on website:
Subsequently to booking our original Sept. dates for the 2013 event, we were advised that the NE Chapter's event in Cecil, MD had already been booked on the same dates.
Prior to this, we were unaware our Sept. dates created this conflict.

We have also been advised that the NE Chapters dates for their event were moved to Sept. due to our having to switch to Oct. (which was out of our control...remember the May floods in BG a couple years ago) Because of these floods we still wanted to keep our consecutive event record intact so we made the change to Oct.

However, definitely not wanting to step on the NE Chapters event & in the spirit of cooperation, we have now rescheduled next years event to Oct. 16 - 19.

Stay tuned here as developments regarding what we have & are planning for next year's event.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Ron J.

Then my math is BROKE!!

Ron J.
33rd Annual GS Nationals!

This is on GSCA website. I posted it in OKBuicks email chain without paying attention and it was quickly brought to my attention.:)

That will be better for our Shootout at Noble as we can pick up several of the racers who are headed to BG. GS Nationals!
SEPTEMBER 18 - 21, 2013 Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky

I think Clint is being sarcastic Phil.:D

Don't know the guy but I trust your judgment.

We have several that come east and south on the Thursday/Friday before Noble and then take a couple of day sightseeing and meandering to BG. Get to
race in 2 of the largest Buick events back to back and only burn up one weeks vacation.

Heck, I may make my first trip to BG next year.

Supposed to pick up my car tomorrow. Curious to see what ailed the tranny.:(:confused:

Well if you're not happy with the tranny send me a note and I'll make sure you get hold of Jake. He should make it right if it's been fubared.;)

Well if you're not happy with the tranny send me a note and I'll make sure you get hold of Jake. He should make it right if it's been fubared.;)

Deal. Thanks.

I'm going to be in Fort Worth Friday afternoon at Mario's Performance Driving Experience at Texas Motor Speedway. Will be driving Indy style car and it should be a blast. :cool:

Deal. Thanks.

I'm going to be in Fort Worth Friday afternoon at Mario's Performance Driving Experience at Texas Motor Speedway. Will be driving Indy style car and it should be a blast. :cool:
That's not far from Jakes place so if you want to talk to him or meet I'll send you his info.;) I'll be at work, even though I can't do anything until the doc releases me.:oops: