Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

So sorry to hear about Mr. Larson. RIP Brother.

We are pulling the motor tomorrow to freshen it up after finding a bad leakdown on #4. Will have it back up and running by next week so count me in. Jon

We are almost to the 60 day countdown to the Shootout at Noble and the count for people who have committed to race is 58. We need 30-40 more cars on Team Buick's side.

Please let me know if you plan to come and you are not on this list.

Phil Engle
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR WADE ATCHISON
KS ADAM KARY
KS BROKE
KS MAPMAKER
KS MATT GORDON
NE JIM RASMUSSEM
NE JOHN PLOG
OK ADAM LINDSEY
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK EDIE HOOPER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MARK GAINOR
OK MIKE LERNER
OK M.HOLLINGSWORTH
OK MIKE VAUGHN
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK TYRELL ROGERS
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX 8URV8
TX BILLY JONES
TX BLAKE JOHNSON
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BUD SMITH
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHRIS MCDADE
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX HOTRAWD
TX JAMES WAUGH
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX JIM MCDADE
TX JON HANSON
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX QUIKSTOP
TX RICHARD CRICH
TX SIX IS ENOUGH
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES

It sure would be nice to have some of the really fast cars show up, like John Schmidt, Superdog, Cotton, etc. If we can't swing some of those guys, we're gonna be in for a beating.

It sure would be nice to have some of the really fast cars show up, like John Schmidt, Superdog, Cotton, etc. If we can't swing some of those guys, we're gonna be in for a beating.

I believe that John Schmidt will be here, Jerry Chambers will definitely be here and he has more than one fast car and Jack has been here one time but I don't expect him to be here.

Big holes I see are the Dallas and Houston area people that usually come.

I'll talk to DW and see who he has talked to about this.

what about the Category 6 guy? Seems like he was hoping to come back, but I haven't talked to him in a few years.

I'll try to rustle up some more guys from TX but it'll be mainly street cars if anything. The only really nasty one from around here is Bones. He hit the dyno the other day and put down over 1500 rwhp but didn't get to turn it up past 25 psi. Made a pass last weekend and blew an oil pressure line and sprayed oil all over the engine and turbo. Thankfully he didn't wreck or catch on fire, and he acted like the engine was ok. If his is sorted out he should be in the 8s very easily.

It would/does suck to get killed in top 10 but if we dominate the rest we can still win the event. We have done it before.

It would/does suck to get killed in top 10 but if we dominate the rest we can still win the event. We have done it before.

We are gonna need a lot of 11 and 12 second cars to show up in that case. Hopefully there are a lot more people planning on coming than what we know of. Either way, I ain't worried. I'm gonna come and get a W either way.

If I remember correctly, we didn't have several of our "fast" cars as there was a big money event in Tulsa because it was supposed to be the final race at that track and several of our guys went there for that. Turned out the track was sold to a new owner but it was leased back to the former owner/operator.

We need to have a lot of cars on our side at all levels.

Don't forget some of us San Antonio, TX boys. Sorry will be up there with some fast mustangs joining are buddy 8URV8 (he has the Buick).

We have a 10 sec Stang (LSPBC member) coming as well but I told him he would have to run for the Buick side! :D

Will the race go on no matter what or do we have to have a certain amount of entries on each side?

Will the race go on no matter what or do we have to have a certain amount of entries on each side?

It's been my experience that yes the race will happen no matter the car count. If the Buick side only has 50 entries and the ford guys have 75, then 25 Fords are SOL. They would end up racing each other at the end for fun. And if they have that many more cars than we do we'll probably get killed.

The race is scheduled, track rental is paid and event is being run by Team Ford. Weather could shut it down. There is no minimum/maximum limit of participants required for the event to occur. Average number of actual races for the last 5 years was 84.

Team Buick racers show up and Team Ford guys show up. Each racer runs qualifying times and their best time is listed on a "race ladder" in descending order. They are paired up against the matching member on the other team based on their position, #1 qualifier races #1 qualifier and on down the the list until there is no longer an opponent on one team or the other. The actual races are run in reverse order of their place, slower cars race first.

Qualifiers who break or decide not to race are encouraged to notify the tower so the ladder can be adjusted so every race has two opponents.

Hope this answers your questions and that you come to the event.

Phil Engle

Like i posted before, i have my room reserved at Rubys and Im getting the car geared up for this, i wont have the fastest but I'll B-There:),,,trying to "Poor Boy" this thing together is a challenge to say the least- used Ta 49, used 50lb inj., TT chip, used Hemco, self ported throttle body, performed "spring cleaning, new adj. pressure regulator, new walbro 340 pump hotwired, used 3" DP(need to install), homemade cold air intake, used Alky kit, used Scanmaster and Turbolink, used VDO boost pressure gauge, new Knock gauge and a little help from some Damn good friends (Phil Underwood and Mike Perez).......Bud Smith

About 7 weeks away guys and gals. Just wanted to let you all know of a few very small changes. There will not be any golf cart rental as of this time. One less thing I really want to worry about. Anyone interested in renting one for the day may contact ABC golf carts 317 S. Main St. Noble, OK 73068, 405-872-5671 or as always, feel free to bring your own toys to the track. Also, the flyer is finished and is starting to be distributed. Not near as much info on this flyer, but I figured with the advance in internet technology, people should have no problem finding the track or hotels. Special thanks to Stephanie Johnson for creating the flyer. Added turbobuick.com to flyer in thanks to them making this event a sticky. Hope that is ok with this site's administration.
FordvsBuick.jpg