Buick Performance Day (etown,nj)

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
GN VS. MUSTANG WAR
ok guys i know that the event is still 3 or 4 weeks away but, does anyone know who'll be showing up to rep team gn?any big dawgs? just curious
i'm hoping to run the gn if my motor is completed.:D

I may show up just to watch. I don't race my car at the track. Charlie is busy with his Mustang and is hoping to go to Atco this weekend for the Ford Event. Let me know what weekend your talking about and maybe I can talk him into going to watch.

I'll try to sneak into the war at #7 or #8 qualifier. If I remember right, a 10.50 could get you in at last spot in the war. I hope our team has a strong showing this year! Our loss last year needs to be avenged! :)
Erik

Originally posted by Mr. Tee
is there a show also or just races?

There will be both. Saturday will also have Ponchos and Olds there too.

Sunday the Mustangs come and mix it up in an awesome showdown. There will also be cars on display too.

It is the coolest event, IMO, at E-Town all year. I usually go both days.

They used to have a GN vs. Mustang event in June, which was a VERy cool event, but it got prempted for a ricer event. :(

is the war bracket-style or heads up?
i hope to see some really quick heads up racing (7,8,9 sec rides)!
:D :D :D

I beleive it starts at 9.00am on Saturday and also Sunday. I will be there, any real fast cars going?

I called the track yesterday. The gates will open on Sunday at 8am.

Regarding the Team Buick vs. Team Mustang Challenge:
There should be a Quick 8 or Quick 16 (depends on turnout), and also a Team bracket class. The classes were confusing last year and I think a lot of the Buick racers ended up racing in a "normal" bracket class and not the Team class. Because of this we were severely outnumbered.

The current forecast looks like rain on Sunday, but I'll probably head up anyway. There's always a chance that it'll clear up. Including myself, we'll have four Buick racers and close to 10 other spectators (depending on weather). We'll be racing in the Team Buick bracket class.

I don't know who'll be showing up for the Quick8/16. Since Buicks at Bristol is coming up soon I'm afraid that it might hurt the turnout.

-Banning.

Hey guys....Weather people SUCK don't listen to them!

I plan on STILL going Sat, and Sunday.

Saturday the car show is from 9 to what? 3 or so!?

Sunday they are talking about "scattered thunderstorms" let me remind you that it always pours at E-Town, and due to their great track crew they dry the track, and it is back to racing in an hour or so!

Banning....see you there!

Weather:

Saturday: Cloudy skies. High near 75F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday (24 hours): Cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday (24 hours): Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 60s

Is anybody meeting up for the cruise up on Sat. Let me know where and when 'cause I would like to join the caravan.

Gregg

Greg....I was going to go with FlyinGN in a little Caravan, but it looks like a little rain, and he dosen't take his car out in the rain.

Please E-mail me your Phone number, and I will give you a call tommrow night so we can talk!

TurboRegal84@hotmail.com

Hope to see you all there.

buick muscle weekend is getting weaker and weaker every year. fewer and fewer showcars, vendors, and spectators seem to be there every year. :(

Yeah, I wanted to pick up a knock gauge but no one was selling....I guess i'll have to put out a little effort and order one.