boost controllers: Innovative vs HKS vs Greddy vs BstC

LosOjos

I'm trying to choose an electronic boost controller. I've heard good things about the innovative MSBC, but the innovative guys told me that their controller has to be reset to the first stage after each run making it a Drag only controller. My Turbo-T is my daily driver, so I want something a little more streetable. I'm leaning towards the HKS or BstC (to save a little money). Please help.

Iwent nuts,
I have a Scanmaster, translator plus, extender chip, and BstC.

Beings I single sourced everything, it all works together and I now have timing fuel and bst control from the driver seat, and I can monitor it all with the scanmaster.

granted we're talking some money here, but it beats getting stuff that doesn't work together.

I already have a Scanmaster, and I was planning to also buy the LS1 MAF, T+, and Max Ext. chip. The HKS EVC IV just caught my eye because you can set the exact boost you want without having to make a pass and watch your boost guage.

I have the BstC and love it. It does exactly what is says it will do. I haven't had a single problem with it, and it took less than 30 minutes to install.

Originally posted by LosOjos
I already have a Scanmaster, and I was planning to also buy the LS1 MAF, T+, and Max Ext. chip. The HKS EVC IV just caught my eye because you can set the exact boost you want without having to make a pass and watch your boost guage.

$$$$$$$

BstC. For an open loop controller, I'm absolutely convinced IT CANNOT be beat.

Totally linear control, and after a little experience, you know exactly where to put the control to obtain what ever boost you may need.

Best there is for a daily driver.

I use two solenoids on mine. They're both plumbed into the vacuum/boost lines, but while in street trim, only one is plugged in electrically. When at the track, I plug the second solenoid in for MONDO boost.

Originally posted by LosOjos
I'm trying to choose an electronic boost controller. I've heard good things about the innovative MSBC, but the innovative guys told me that their controller has to be reset to the first stage after each run making it a Drag only controller. My Turbo-T is my daily driver, so I want something a little more streetable. I'm leaning towards the HKS or BstC (to save a little money). Please help.

The MSBC only needs to be reset if you've set it up for a drag car using it to change boost in every gear with an air shifter. It can be set up very easily to run 2 stages (Launch and Regular) in which case it doesn't need to be reset. The ramp function will still work between the launch and regular stage also.

What is the price differance on all these units? I am in the market to.

Thanks!

the innovative is in the 400+ ballpark....and im sure they all are around there (for boost controllers)

I am using the BstC and have it set up like Dave with two solenoids. It is really convenient when using alchy too, whenthe tank reads low you just turn it down and begin looking for a hardware/paint store :)

BstC si available from Ramchargers for @ $150. If you go the dual solenoid route it will bring the cost up to @ $200.

HTH

One solenoid with the BstC will give you 7 lbs of adjustment. If you hook up two in line, then it gives you 14lbs of adjustment.

Question about the BstC:

What do you set your wastegate at? Would you say, set it at 15psi base and then use the BstC to control it up to 7psi (up to 22psi) more (one solenoid)?

Tell me if I have it right...thanks fellas

6 psi. range and yes it adjusts upwards.

About 10-11 range with two solenoids and it it kinda tricky to adjust on the street. Easier to use Daves' method of one on for the street two for the track.