Bob Bailey ignition module

You can pretty much run any of the coil-per-cylinder coils except for the ones that have the metal fins sticking out.

We will have mounting brackets for the LS2 coils, 12573190, should have pics soon.

The coils in the pictures are the LS1 coils 12558948 (which you can run but will need to figure out your own mount)

Does that help?

Bob

Well guess im a little confused on the coil packs.

Is it 3 different options?

1. A late model 1 piece 6 tower coil mounted right on the top of the ign module/box. If so this is the one I would like the info on.

2. 6 LS/LQ style individual coils sandwiched together on a bracket thats mounted to the coil/box.

3. 6 individual LS/LQ style coils mounted seperately on the valve covers.

Well guess im a little confused on the coil packs.

Is it 3 different options?

1. A late model 1 piece 6 tower coil mounted right on the top of the ign module/box. If so this is the one I would like the info on.

2. 6 LS/LQ style individual coils sandwiched together on a bracket thats mounted to the coil/box.

3. 6 individual LS/LQ style coils mounted seperately on the valve covers.

Ok, when you asked about coilpacks I thought you meant scenarios 2 and 3 above. (both of which are being worked on....)

The wastespark pack is from a 2008 Silverado 2WD V6 truck, or also used in the 2008 Impala LTZ (other years as well) Part number 12595088

They might, it depends on several (unpublished) factors. The LS2 coil is a proven system so I would recommend staying away from the MSDs.

Bob

It may be in here but missed it, how much of a improvement is the LS coils over the newer wastspark

The Wastespark pack is in the same league as the LS2 coils when you look at the specs, and provides the same performance in our testing so far.

There are those who believe there is some inherent disadvantage to wastespark systems. But nobody has proven it conclusively to my knowledge.

I like the look of individual coils, but my car runs the same either way.

So, we offer both systems (sequential coil brackets are in the works). The sequential system is a little more expensive.

Bob

The Wastespark pack is in the same league as the LS2 coils when you look at the specs, and provides the same performance in our testing so far.

There are those who believe there is some inherent disadvantage to wastespark systems. But nobody has proven it conclusively to my knowledge.

I like the look of individual coils, but my car runs the same either way.

So, we offer both systems (sequential coil brackets are in the works). The sequential system is a little more expensive.

Bob
Thanks for the response.. one more question is about the standerd wires ,,what size and what brand are they and do you know if someone is going to make highend custom wires to work with the wastespark setup?

My "standard" wires are 8mm spiral core performance wires, somewhat generic but great quality, custom made to fit my system.

Shane (BlackGN1) makes custom sets for this system also, in various types (MSD/Moroso/ICE) and colors.

Bob

Bob,
The coils on the valve covers is also the way to go for those of us running the Champion intake. I designed a coil bracket so I could use the factory coil pack without the wiper mechnism ripping off the plug wires but your new system is much cleaner. I just need to see if your coil on plug brackets will fit my Champion valve covers or if I need to design my own? How's the CAS intercooler working out? I am happy with the Precision SLIC you sent.
Mike

The first bracket we are working on is for mounting the coils on top of the TR6 module. The valve cover mounting stuff will be a while. Bob Aletto was talking about working on brackets also, perhaps you and he can compare notes.

Bob

I saw those also and was thinking the same thing. I guess the drivers side could be an issue with the oil filler cap.

the oil fill is one of the main hurdles to getting a decent bracket.

Bob

excuse the ignorance, but can you use the Ford type of coil? It is made with the sparkplug boot attached to the coil. Then create harness with a cleaner look to the module?

A couple things.

Firstly, all the Ford stuff uses "dumb coils", which are not compatible with this system. The GM "smart coils" have the driver electronics built in, which is what the TR6 is set up for.

Now, GM has some "smart" coil-on-plug coils like that, they are used on some of the overhead cam 4-cylinder engines. But I don't believe they are as powerful as the CNP ones, and I'm not sure how you could mount those anyhow.

Bob

added Magnecor wires to the site. (you may have to hit reload/refresh) They have been the best wire for me over the years, so I wanted to offer them.

There is a link on my site to the Magnecor site, there is a lot of technical info there.

If you already ordered the standard ones but want to change, let me know, and we can update your order.

I will have pics of them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Bob

added Magnecor wires to the site. (you may have to hit reload/refresh) They have been the best wire for me over the years, so I wanted to offer them.

There is a link on my site to the Magnecor site, there is a lot of technical info there.

If you already ordered the standard ones but want to change, let me know, and we can update your order.

I will have pics of them tomorrow.

Thanks!

Bob

Are they done in black?