Bob Bailey ignition module

Sand dune season is coming up......need an offroad very rough vibration and lots of on and of the throttle tester????:D:D
Have to test those solder joints you know.:biggrin:
I cant wait to get one of these!!!

a video of starting up the new ignition.

[video=youtube;A8H69UVGq_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8H69UVGq_U[/video]

and here is one driving in lean cruise mode

[video=youtube;3xZQPPw5Lrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xZQPPw5Lrg[/video]

Bob

my car is dying for more spark and dont wana fix my MSD that took a dump, anytime frame for the sale of this?

here is a short video with the unit running LS1 coils. Forgive the bad audio.

[video=youtube;XIInzk754ps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIInzk754ps[/video]

If you dont have anyone lined up for the bracketry, try Kales Automotive in Las Vegas. They make a V6 coil bracket, its what we had on the BWR race car before it got crashed.

Theyd have to be attached to a valve cover but I think that would be fairly trivial.

bob are you going to go with this set up with separate coils instead of 3 packs. i love this setup DSC01285.jpg

we may still make that, but its kinda expensive. The brackets are billet aluminum. I still have the one set we made........ I'll keep you in mind.

Bob

we may still make that, but its kinda expensive. The brackets are billet aluminum. I still have the one set we made........ I'll keep you in mind.

Bob
Do you mean that the only setup option is the coils on the valve covers?

the plan is to offer the high output wastespark pack that is shown in the videos, or coil-per-cylinder (shown in todays video).

Bob

I want mine on the valve covers. Looks awesome. I can't wait.:biggrin: I'm ready now!!

are you seeing any downside to the wastespark??? I was interested in the one above also as to not cover up my pretty valve covers.

are you seeing any downside to the wastespark??? I was interested in the one above also as to not cover up my pretty valve covers.

As I've said before, I don't believe there is a downside to wastespark. In my little bit of testing this week my car runs equally well with either setup.

I look forward to some dyno comparisons once we go into production.

Bob

i like how the billet aluminum one looks like quip6 posted, in stock location. cost is what is I got gn1 valvecovers and don't want coils over the top of them.

well, those brackets are designed. I guess we may have to make a few sets.....

Bob

I agree with kraus, the ones in stock location as alot of us have nice looking valve covers, ASAP there available I want them, as it looks like I need my old MSD back on this car with this setup, just not enough spark when I get up in rpm and boost.

the easiest way to run a stock drop-in replacement is with the new style wastespark pack. It packs a big punch and is an easy swap.

Mounting 6 individual coils makes the space on top of the module a bit crowded...

But it will work with all the combinations, to each their own...

bob

we are getting close to that point.

I'm going to drive to BG with the system on, to get some road miles on it. Show it off there. Then we start making plans for building them.

As far as a dyno test, you are on my speed-dial for that as soon as we are ready.

bob