Bob Bailey ignition module

The second video is riveting, I just can't stop watching it.
Great work Bob!

Way cool.
Bob, how much does the potential to fire across the gap diminish with increased boost? i.e. Do you think it would still fire @ 0.500" at 30 psi boost on top of 175# of static compression pressure? Not sure what the dynamic cylinder pressure would be at boost....

Way cool.
Bob, how much does the potential to fire across the gap diminish with increased boost? i.e. Do you think it would still fire @ 0.500" at 30 psi boost on top of 175# of static compression pressure? Not sure what the dynamic cylinder pressure would be at boost....

When Bruce Plecan was experimenting with the truck coils he ran 17 psi with the ground electrode cut off the plugs if I remember correctly. He was using an eDist which does not properly control dwell as far as I remember, so the new system will work better.

But I would think that 30 PSI should be fine with a "normal" type plug gap.

Bob

When Bruce Plecan was experimenting with the truck coils he ran 17 psi with the ground electrode cut off the plugs if I remember correctly. He was using an eDist which does not properly control dwell as far as I remember, so the new system will work better.

But I would think that 30 PSI should be fine with a "normal" type plug gap.

Bob

I assume normal would be the .040 - .060?

Hi Bob,
I've already bought 6 LS coils in anticipation of this product. Should I be trying to source a coil harness or are you planning on supplying the harness with the box? Maybe as an option?

We are planning some on-vehicle tests tomorrow, should have more video..

Production: as soon as I can manage it.... :)

Bob

this replaces the ignition module and coil(s), so you would remove your type-2 and install this.

Bob