Blowing oil out of breathers!! Compression test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Phil regardless of whatever the situation is with the power cylinders, you’ll want to get some baffles on those valve covers. These are GM engineered and work fantastic in the TA valve covers. No more oil carryover.

FBD7774A-9E34-470D-B91E-DC74D1C3F920.jpeg
E0A7DDFE-3C30-48CC-9986-1C46F3D7DA85.jpeg
E0A7DDFE-3C30-48CC-9986-1C46F3D7DA85.jpeg

I've been watching this thread and after all that you have done and money you have spent, I just can not understand pulling the motor before knowing or having a direction to go!! If a mechanic told me to pull it out without at the very least doing a simple test, I would find someone else. Good luck or should I say hope you find a voice of reason

so mechanic came over last night and he said motor def needs to be pulled. rings need to be replaced. his exact words were don't waste time with a leakdown
sounds awefull,have your guy go through the whole thing and move forward.i wouldnt even start that thing let alone drive it.since your guy is going through the whole engine things that have not surfaced may,and that can be addressed as there are alot of high dollar parts in your motor.good luck.

Phil i would take Mr Spool advise, do not keep starting and running the motor it could ruin your crank and cause more damage. Bite the bullet and pull the motor that is not a health sounding motor . Personally i would recommend Chris at twisted 6, Anderson, Cruz, Otto and Bison all on the east coast. Truly sorry to read and see all the problems you had with what should have been an awesome build.

It would be beneficial for future tech posts if you would perform a leakdown test before it gets torn down.

I would hate to get spinal surgery without at least first getting an MRI.

I am sure other builders wouldn’t mind just disassembling it before doing at leak down first though. More money for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dude don’t post on here again. You have no clue about anything shut up and mind your buisness

Dude don’t post on here again. You have no clue about anything shut up and mind your buisness

I will post where and when I want. I am posting relevant tech information in a respectful manner. If you don’t like it, then don’t read it and move along.

I have been respectfully giving relevant tech advice and I’m patiently waiting the test results.

The OP dictates the tone in this thread as he did in the other one. I never disrespected him and yet he continued to disrespect myself and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.