Blowing oil out of breathers!! Compression test results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A leak down test will show you if combustion pressure is getting past the rings, valves or a crack. If it's sneaking past the rings, that would add to the normal engine oil mist that in the crankcase and pressurize it sending oil out the breathers. If the leak down is negligible then you have an issue with the oil and mist being slung on the vent tubes and vents.. There are several ways to deal with that. You can do a search for that. Tons of threads on pcvs, catch cans, grommets, valve covers, valve cover baffles and styles of vents. If the leak down high then the engine needs to be pulled and torn down. Dude, what else do you need to hear?

A leak down test will show you if combustion pressure is getting past the rings, valves or a crack. If it's sneaking past the rings, that would add to the normal engine oil mist that in the crankcase and pressurize it sending oil out the breathers. If the leak down is negligible then you have an issue with the oil and mist being slung on the vent tubes and vents.. There are several ways to deal with that. You can do a search for that. Tons of threads on pcvs, catch cans, grommets, valve covers, valve cover baffles and styles of vents. If the leak down high then the engine needs to be pulled and torn down. Dude, what else do you need to hear?
That's not the point. The point is he shouldn't have to lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Holley or fast xfi will be in your near future sounds like a really nice piece you have time to ditch the stock ecu. Just my opinion at this level

1)have no way of getting a compressor to do a leak down test. I am not a shop. I have hand tools and what not. but no compressor this isn't the middle of the woods.

Any picture?

I’m not near my car at the moment so I can’t take a picture.

You keep the stock PCV in the stock location and put the RJC one in the same vacuum line. You find a good spot in the vacuum line between PCV and vacuum block to place the check valve, cut the vacuum line, and put the check valve in the correct position allowing flow at idle but closing under boost. It’s pretty straight forward. That setup will keep your blm’s in check at idle but completely keep boost from passing through the PCV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so it doesn’t seem to bad to do a leak down test. I just have to get the stuff. So you just do one cylinder correct? Make sure #1 cylinder is top dead center correct? Then put shop air into #3 cylinder. So take out two spark plugs? Right?

Ok so it doesn’t seem to bad to do a leak down test. I just have to get the stuff. So you just do one cylinder correct? Make sure #1 cylinder is top dead center correct? Then put shop air into #3 cylinder. So take out two spark plugs? Right?

You can take all the plugs out. That won’t make a difference. You just have to make sure both valves are closed in the cylinder you are checking. The best way would be to pull the valve cover and visibly see that both valves are closed. The valve covers you have make the job if removing them a whole lot easier.

Is there anyone close to you that than can possibly help you out?

It’s really not a difficult task however, having someone present that has performed this test before will make it a whole lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.