BigWood Racing's 3.5 External Gated Downpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our latest creation.. 3.5 stainless downpipe with 50mm TurboSmart wastegate. Two of these shipping out this week.

Attachments

• IMG00584.jpg
    IMG00584.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,472
  • IMG00585.jpg
    IMG00585.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,475
Guys,

This looks like a really nice piece.
Does the 3.5 inch pipe sound any different?
For example when going from stock to my Terry Houston I could hear a change in tone.

Guys,

This looks like a really nice piece.
Does the 3.5 inch pipe sound any different?
For example when going from stock to my Terry Houston I could hear a change in tone.

Not sure that the sound would be different from a TH to a BWR. Cant see why it would. I can assure you it will flow excellent though, all nice smooth 6" radius bends.

Jeff

Finally got mine put on!:D

Attachments

• tn_bwr downpipe 008.JPG
    tn_bwr downpipe 008.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • tn_bwr downpipe 009.JPG
    tn_bwr downpipe 009.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,150
  • tn_bwr downpipe 010.JPG
    tn_bwr downpipe 010.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,161
Jay, in the first pics you posted, those look like TA headers. Are they? I was thinking of purchasing a set but I noticed that the flange is starting to rust. Did they use mild steel for the flange and stainless for the pipes?

It would appear so. Thats really not that uncommon. The old ATR headers used to be the same way.

I dont know. We dont sell TA headers and I dont have any more at the shop to check. Im just saying thats not unheard of.

How do these things fit in a car with new motor mounts, bushings, stock headers, etc...? I just replaced an internally gated THDP with an externally gated pipe from another vendor and am less than pleased. Actually, the pipe will be going back since it is impossible to bolt up to the cat-back exhaust.

How do these things fit in a car with new motor mounts, bushings, stock headers, etc...? I just replaced an internally gated THDP with an externally gated pipe from another vendor and am less than pleased. Actually, the pipe will be going back since it is impossible to bolt up to the cat-back exhaust.

We CUSTOM make them for your car... We have several different TR's in different configurations so we can make sure we have the same setup as you. Everyone is dead nuts:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.