BigWood Racing's 3.5 External Gated Downpipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I'm going to give the vendor I purchased the DP from an opportunity to make things right. However, if he says all of his pipes are identical to the one on my car, I'll be forced to buy another one. If that is the case, how long would it take to have you guys build me one with an external gate plumbed directly off my passenger side header? Would you have to wait until you received my stock header or could you build/sell it off an exchange basis? I'm trying to reduce downtime of the car since I drive it several times per week.

To be fair, I'm going to give the vendor I purchased the DP from an opportunity to make things right. However, if he says all of his pipes are identical to the one on my car, I'll be forced to buy another one. If that is the case, how long would it take to have you guys build me one with an external gate plumbed directly off my passenger side header? Would you have to wait until you received my stock header or could you build/sell it off an exchange basis? I'm trying to reduce downtime of the car since I drive it several times per week.

If its a stock header, we can do it on an exchange basis. If you call me next week and give me a deposit, we could probably do it the week between xmas and new years provided I can get all the parts. If not, we could do it for sure the week after.

We're getting ready to do one for someone else so now would be a good time as its just as easy to build 2 as it is to build one. We're also just finishing one up for another member so we've been in downpipe mode the past few days.

Shane and Jay,

Thanks for the replies. I'll call the original vendor tomorrow and see what he has to say. Depending on the outcome of that conversation, I'll give you guys a call next. Thanks so much for the information.

Jay,

I am interested in changing my internal gate set-up to external and this set-up looks like a winner. My questions are: with the steel DP does it get coated with any sort of rust inhibitor? 2. Would it be an extra charge to weld on an O2 bung if a guy is running FAST? I have a set of poston headers on the car and would be sending the passenger side in. How many poston headers have you fabbed this up for, if any?

We havent done any Poston headers but I dont see why there would be a problem.

Our downpipes are stainless so they wont rust. We also use a unique step up around the turbo outlet to make installation easier. O2 bung is no biggie.

Right now we can turn around these downpipes very quickly provided there isnt a holdup getting wastegates. We just finished one up for another board member that shipped out today. It helps having 2 guys in the shop that can fab and weld.

I want one 3-1/2 SS . Were do you want me to send the $ I have stock headers now but I am going to A set of Marks from TA custom

I want one 3-1/2 SS . Were do you want me to send the $ I have stock headers now but I am going to A set of Marks from TA custom

We'd need the passenger side header and I need to know what wastegate you want. Call me at the shop and we can discuss it.

Please mention to Jay what exhaust housing you are using as well, twas a mistake on my part...:)
You will like that downpipe, flows awesome!

Please mention to Jay what exhaust housing you are using as well, twas a mistake on my part...:)
You will like that downpipe, flows awesome!

Yea.. the Turbonetics housing tends to move the downpipe just far enough to throw things off so please let me know what housing you're using.

Your mail box is full . Call me 843-617-5606. Thanks. Lance from Darlington SC. I want u to make a DP for me

What is the cost on these and how much would you do an internally gated one for? i was gonna use the rjc puck with a 6765 journal bearing billet wheel i have stock headers may be purchasing the new ta headers but my stockers are fine at the moment

What is the cost on these and how much would you do an internally gated one for? i was gonna use the rjc puck with a 6765 journal bearing billet wheel i have stock headers may be purchasing the new ta headers but my stockers are fine at the moment

We dont do internally gated ones. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there that make internal gated downpipes.

The pipe itself is $750.00 then the cost of the gate. The pipe is made out of 304 stainless and it includes a test pipe as well.

Nice

Realy nice DP but it was overkill for my car. I found a SS ATR and man that thing works great . No boost issue at all. I have a 6262BB and it was a little laggy with the old RJC DP but this ATR was just the DP I needed. I wish ATR was still around . I also got lucky with a set of NOS ATR SS headers and my flanges are SS. One day I'll get one of these DP but I guess I would need alot bigger set up. Great work guys , I'll be calling you again but this time I'll realy need that 3.5in DP. Thanks for helping me with the right combo . Good work guys !!!!!!

These pipes are no longer available, FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.