Big Question, Need Input! 1/8th Mile Track!

Would you consider running at an 1/8th mile track?

• Yes!

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No!

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Not sure!

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
Look like we are going to have to really shake things up:eek:

I got some big announcements coming up soon:cool:

Billy, the point of this is to be different from what everyone is used to. I know that Bob and Trampess wouldnt mind running Dusty or Richie Kibler. Ive watched TSM over the years and I KNOW that the fastest car hasn't always been the winner. Im guessing by this post that you are planning on entering into the quick 8??

If we get our car ready we will run any of them with the V6:biggrin:

Billy, we are discussing some interesting classes... I am sure there will be something for everyone!

Anybody got any input lets hear it...

This is wide open and I don't want to be a copy of any other event... All new all different:biggrin:

Definately open to new, fresh ideas. We have to be careful with too many classes as it seems to dilute the field a bit. As of now we currently have ideas for 6 or 7 heads-up, pro-tree classes already. May throw in a Quick 16 bracket race (;) Bob) plus burnout contest and Tag Team race(gonna leave you hanging on this one for a while). Point is all papers have been signed and we are so far out with it being 9 months from now so this gives everyone plenty of time to take time off and schedule vacations accordingly. This is a perfect opportunity for people to get cars ready over the winter, test them out with us, and be ready to go to the 30th GS nats in May. Nothing but positives can come from this event and we are doing this for the love of the brand and sport. Keep the ideas flowing. Spoke with the track and there will be golf cart and tent rentals available. You can camp at the track for FREE!! There is also an RV dump station on site.

P.S...
The fact that we are having a swap meet for the week simply means that RC can drive back to Burlington everyday and unload his van each time to make room for more stuff :D :D :D :

Today's the first I'd seen this....Sounds Great!

Think about something for the average street car 7.0 7.5 and 8.0 I need to be inspired to put a coat of wax on the Blk car. :D

I was thinkin more 8.49 & 7.49 for an index type race. Don't take much car to run
8.49. Plus it don't take much for the tag team race either :)

IMHO: This is not going to work, there has to be 2 different classes.

The is no way a Buick V6/V8 is going to compete against a race oriented Buick bodied car with a turbo'd SBC/BBC.

Class 1 : Buick powered
Class 2 : Buick bodied

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I agree but you do dilute the classes with to many choices of what to run.

Same could be said with a Buick powered dragster verses a full body car with a Buick engine. Probably best to have the fastest 8 cars on the grounds period just to keep it simple. All large tire, light cars will have the advantage regardless.

I like the idea of a street tire 8/8.5 class. No excuses to not come out and have a bit of fun.

I like the idea of a street tire 8/8.5 class. No excuses to not come out and have a bit of fun.
+1

Maybe even better yet a 7.00-8.00 class instead.. ?
There are some fast street cars out there running Regular Street tires NOT DR's! RIGHT FROM THE STREET and STRAIGHT TO THE TRACK!!! :biggrin:

Call it:

"ULTIMATE STREET"

* MUST have a treadwear rating of (200) or more.
* Must have a complete full stock interior with stock seat belts.
* Must have working heat and air.
* Must have all stock exterior panels and glass
* All exterior lights Must work, (Turn signals, headlights, marker lights)
* Must be registured and licensed (up to date).

This would be great to see the what some cars run WITHOUT "Slicks - DR's ..

Lets see who's the most tallented to get there street car to launch with the least amount of tire spin from Regular STREET TIRE's.... (200 or more treadwear).... ;)

Allow whatever about the engine be cause the limiting factor is the tires!! It will take practice and/or experiance to keep them from spinning.

Just a thought,

SW.

good idea BUT you have to change 1 thing.

Must have working taillight - NON LED - Regular bulbs only!!

I agree but you do dilute the classes with to many choices of what to run.

Same could be said with a Buick powered dragster verses a full body car with a Buick engine. Probably best to have the fastest 8 cars on the grounds period just to keep it simple. All large tire, light cars will have the advantage regardless.

Or , BIG motors with small tires , might have quite an advantage also dont you think?? I agree it needs to be the fastest 8 cars on the grounds simply for the paying spectator!! But I think it needs to be handicap start instead of headsup to level the playing field. Of coarse if its heads up and Im still alowed to race in this , I will give it my best shot!! :eek: Mike:cool:

+1

Maybe even better yet a 7.00-8.00 class instead.. ?
There are some fast street cars out there running Regular Street tires NOT DR's! RIGHT FROM THE STREET and STRAIGHT TO THE TRACK!!! :biggrin:

Call it:

"ULTIMATE STREET"

* MUST have a treadwear rating of (200) or more.
* Must have a complete full stock interior with stock seat belts.
* Must have working heat and air.
* Must have all stock exterior panels and glass
* All exterior lights Must work, (Turn signals, headlights, marker lights)
* Must be registured and licensed (up to date).

This would be great to see the what some cars run WITHOUT "Slicks - DR's ..

Lets see who's the most tallented to get there street car to launch with the least amount of tire spin from Regular STREET TIRE's.... (200 or more treadwear).... ;)

Allow whatever about the engine be cause the limiting factor is the tires!! It will take practice and/or experiance to keep them from spinning.

Just a thought,

SW.

Sounds like fun!:cool:

Or , BIG motors with small tires , might have quite an advantage also dont you think?? I agree it needs to be the fastest 8 cars on the grounds simply for the paying spectator!! But I think it needs to be handicap start instead of headsup to level the playing field. Of coarse if its heads up and Im still alowed to race in this , I will give it my best shot!! :eek: Mike:cool:

Heads-up, Pro-tree, run what ya brung...

Exactly how unlevel is the playing field?? I guess we are assuming that there is gonna be some kinda twin turbo V8, big tire, 2300lb regal, or 700 c.i. buick motor car coming out. If it is then good!!!
Can't be skeered to try

At the speeds the top 3-4 cars should be falling asleep at the light will end a race quick...

I would think .2-.3 tenths should be the max spread...

What do you normally run in the 1/8? I thought mid-low 4's would be possible so I don't have a prayer unless the big tire car messes up. I expect to see some 4.80's but at 3400# and on a 10" radial anything less than excellent track conditions and it might run 5.0's.

I say we all run heads up. I'd rather get beat by another car because he's just faster than me than getting a head start and winning;)

I personally think that based on past performance I would have to venture and say that the ZDDPlus (Bob and Trampass) car might be the quick qualifyer in the race in March. They ran really good in Norwalk (Mid 7's) and the car runs high 140/low 150 mph in the 1/8th. Can't count out BWR, Booher, or Richie Kibler either. It would be great to see a small tire car win on a holeshot. Dusty can tell u that is you give up .020 on the tree your day is OVER!! Anything is possible. Will be interesting to say the least.