Big letdown.....

wow. I was expecting much more. Odd that someone reused a stock pickup too. It's a shame because some of the debris probably made it through that trap door.

I agree on both counts.. The pan had a bunch of nonsense in it as well with no magnet.

Going tomorrow to take a peek at the progress on my motor.

So far per phone calls:

Block cleaned, decked, and .030 over on the cylinders.

New Pistons obviously. TRW forged units.

New stock type cam with Double roller Timing Chain, new lifters

New crank. Specs were way out and needed too much cutting.

Obviously all new bearings, cam,
crank, and rods.

Stock rods

Heads done, ported and polished. New exhaust valves, Springs, retainers.

RJC power plate...

More to come...

Getting very excited!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Here ya go.

e3ynyta6.jpg
na9e5uhy.jpg
a2uma9aq.jpg
ajy3a5uq.jpg
yqa9ased.jpg

Looking good. Was anything salvageable? What cam are you going with?

Thanks guys..

Looking good. Was anything salvageable? What cam are you going with?

Thx man..

Yes, the block, heads LOL.

Actually, Block, heads, pushrods, connecting rods, rockers, and rocker shafts.

We decided not to cut the crank down as it was going to need too much to come out clean. Crank is being replaced with a turbo crank that he has.

Cam was wiped and lifters are being replaced because it just better to do so. We don't know whats in them at this point. I went with a Flat tappet Cam with almost stock specs. I believe the 208 208 cam from GN1 performance. I just couldn't spare the extra expense on the roller setup. Big price difference obviously.

Going with TRW Forged pistons as well.

Last edited:
Picked her up today! Drives great! Only running 10lbs of boost to break the motor in and seat the Rings. I purchased a bunch of other goodies during the build, so I will start tomorrow on the extras I purchased. Powerlogger etc.... Will be a few weeks before I can start dialing her in, but it's great to see it back in my driveway. Picture was taken before I drove away from the engine builder.
bygujy4u.jpg

The cam going flat was probably the reason everything loosed up, not the victim. No need to go double roller unless you're going to run a big ass roller cam with stiff springs.

Get your machinist to find the worst cylinder and let me know the loosest part of the loosest cylinder.

the original springs are probably what caused the cam to take a beating in the first place (if they have a cup on the bottom of the spring, they probably are stock)

Bowl porting the heads are well worth the money. No need to go berzek spending money on them. You have a turbo to stuff air through the ports.
Back cut the stock exhaust valves, or get a set of SS Ferrea valves. With the Ferrea's you can run exhaust seals.

Make sure to pull EVERY oil galley plug out of the block and CLEAN THE LIVING SHIT out of EVERY nook and cranny in the block.....

then do it again. Cam debris can hide in corners and cause you to do this again.

oh, yeah. NEVER use your existing oil cooler again.

Hey JimG, what part of the post was wrong? They say any day you learn something is a good day....... Help us all out here.