Big Al's 7.4 GN

I've seen that machine a few times a Englishtown. Yet I have NEVER seen it make a successful pass. I almost feel bad for the guy, all that time and money yet it never actually gets to go down the track.

Yep, Al's car is a beautiful piece, we were parked next to him for the weekend. Unfortunately he had some electrical problems during his first qualifying ryn at the burn out box. Believe it or not, he has electric window and his DS motor took a dump. he was unable to put it up....... :( . I gave him a hand in the pits checking it out, we had to go into the door and rap the motor and it went up. I had the pleasure of sitting in the drivers seat while testing the wiring circuit, what a car, it's incredible. Upon start up, lots of smoke out the exhaust, the day was over, he loaded up and went home. Good bunch of guys with Alvin, we had lots of fun joking around. I have seen the car run, it flys, But like many cars that fast, runs come few and far apart. As many of us have found out, it's no easy task from the 9's down to keep everything working. Sometimes it's something as stupid as a window motor malfunction to something more serious, such as a turbo or motor, IC pipe, charging systems, fuel pumps, in my case, the oil by-pass stuck open in the burnout box........ :(

On another note, congrats to Ben P., he was awsome, he won the mustang- Buick class with steady runs, round after round. He must have run through at least 250 cars to win!!!!!! :cool:

Jack, I'm glad you found your problem, and even more glad you were able to hear that you had a problem in the burnout box instead of seeing the oil pressure dive during a full pass.

Saw that car in Bowling Green two years ago. Never really made a good pass , but I think they just put it together. Everything is first class on that car. Beautiful piece!!!!

Congrats on the times.

Heh heh heh.... What a lame turnout for the GN vs. Mustang class. I only had to run 3 rounds to win. I always look forward to that event and what a dissapointment.:mad: It should've been publicized better as it wasn't even listed on the website. Anyway, my best pass was 11.96 @ 114 (good thing that Mustang redlighted on that run).

Maybe he ran the 188 at the Maple Grove 'PRO' event?

Here is a picture of his car there:
pro34.jpg

I remember his car very well..usually dosen't leave very hard, but around the 60' it really lays into the power.

Sounds like we really need to get Alvin and billy together to see who is the baddest in the land. 2800 # vs 2500 # turbo 400 vs a clutch set up should be a good race might have to come out and watch that one :cool:

Tony Gomes
TSO OutLaw
8.49 @164

If anyone sees a shot i got of their car and wants a high res copy ( 1600x1200 )

email me at ant@autorush.com

wish i could have stayed alot longer than i did

and i wish the pics would have come out better, between the overcast sky and my camera not being cooperative, they didnt come out as well as they did last year

Originally posted by Bens87tr
Heh heh heh.... What a lame turnout for the GN vs. Mustang class. I only had to run 3 rounds to win. I always look forward to that event and what a dissapointment.:mad: It should've been publicized better as it wasn't even listed on the website. Anyway, my best pass was 11.96 @ 114 (good thing that Mustang redlighted on that run).

What??? There WAS a Buick vs. Mustang?!?!?!!!!

I had heard for months that it had been cancelled and it was just going to be Buick racing that weekend. WTF!!! :mad: :mad:

I *REALLY* wish I hadn't missed that. Damn!!

Anyway... Congrats on the win, and showing those mustang guys what our old G Bodies are still capable of :)

Yeah, there wasn't even a flyer on the Englishtown website for the event. :(

Better publicity would be nice.

Good job Ben. :cool:

Originally posted by salvageV6
Yeah, there wasn't even a flyer on the Englishtown website for the event. :(

Better publicity would be nice.

Good job Ben. :cool:

yeah they didnt publicize this at all, which is why the turnout was low

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
Maybe he ran the 188 at the Maple Grove 'PRO' event?

yes he did, and i saw a copy of the time slip. was hanging out with him a little over here at the local friday cruise-in. according to him it wasnt a turbo that was hurt but something bottom-end.
he sometimes comes down with his other GN with the custom leather interior. he's actually a cool guy to talk with, as supposed to some comments about him stated on this board.

The car was out this past weekend at Atco Raceway...

He made two passes....First pass the car got out of hand, and he ended up in the middle of the track out of shape. (car was fine)

2nd Pass it ran a 7.40 If I remember correctly...

Here are a few pictures I took: