Big Al's 7.4 GN

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
This car went 7.4s @ 188ish last week according to the word on the street. Not sure of the number this weekend.
I will have to call duttweiler and confirm. Cotton was at this same race so maybe he will chime in. What do you run Jack???

Attachments

• pict0949.jpg
    pict0949.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 696
Guys,

I am talking to Nick at Duttweiler's right now.

-Duttweiler Twin Turbo Motor made 1300 plus HP.
I would have thought more but not according to them.
-Tuned be Turbo People
-C&F Chassis
-Pro Torque Converter
-Rossler 210 tranny

I need to call this guy and get the full story!

Originally posted by John Wilde
Guys,

I am talking to Nick at Duttweiler's right now.

-Duttweiler Twin Turbo Motor made 1300 plus HP.
I would have thought more but not according to them.
-Tuned be Turbo People
-C&F Chassis
-Pro Torque Converter
-Rossler 210 tranny

I need to call this guy and get the full story!

John, do you think it's possible they didn't turn the wick up all the way on the dyno?? I would think to run as fast as he's running he would have to be making closer to 1500hp, but then again we don't know how much it weighs..... Either way 188mph is FAST!!!

Originally posted by 86brick
John, do you think it's possible they didn't turn the wick up all the way on the dyno?? I would think to run as fast as he's running he would have to be making closer to 1500hp, but then again we don't know how much it weighs..... Either way 188mph is FAST!!!

Anything is possible including Job putting a different set of turbos on the car.

Right Click -> Set as Background

:D

That thing looks NASTY! I love it!

Motor pics please... and of course, video ;)

Another shot of car.

Attachments

• pict0834.jpg
    pict0834.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 528
Dayum!!! :eek: Looks like he has his **** in order... Beautiful set-up!

Would love a closer side shot of the car.... also, any idea what size meats those are in the back?

Al told me on Sat. at Englishtown that the car made 1500 hp, weighed 2800 lbs with him in it, and had run 188 mph 3 days before, and either that day or the weekend before had run 7.46 or 7.49. He never made a pass on Sat (no mufflers) or Sun (electrical problem and then lots of blue smoke out the exhaust). Jack ran an 8.91 to back up his best so far of 8.90.

Never mind that. You can see my car in the background of the first picture. I'm a celebrity. Woohoo!

Just kidding. It is a great car. I just wish I could see it run. I probably would miss it anyways. I ever get to see the good cars run. I'm usually in the pits eating. ;-)

Originally posted by ijames
Al told me on Sat. at Englishtown that the car made 1500 hp, weighed 2800 lbs with him in it, and had run 188 mph 3 days before, and either that day or the weekend before had run 7.46 or 7.49. He never made a pass on Sat (no mufflers) or Sun (electrical problem and then lots of blue smoke out the exhaust). Jack ran an 8.91 to back up his best so far of 8.90.

Well sounds like I was right about being closer to 1500hp:D Thanks for the info Carl:) :cool:

This past weekend that car went 0.00 @ 000. I wouldn't have seen it run anyway, I was busy winning the GN vs. Mustang shootout.:p

Congrats Ben...........nice job!!!!!

Wish I coulda seen it but too busy putting my car back on the trailer by 1:30pm...........a real $hit weekend for Artie and I.

Congrats again.........hope to see ya at Cecil.