Beware Of Gbodyparts

The Facts are the FACTS are the facts, one day or 5 months, from March to August 2008 (5 Months). I did not open Vacuum Brake and I did not remove anything from the shipping box until it was installed by the mechanic.

The only response as quoted by Gbodyparts "it should be there" The only response I get is from this thread and the people that read it, who copy and paste it and send it to Gbodyparts, maybe he will see this too...

My intentions were to keep the Vacuum Brake Kit as "BACK-UP". BUT after 3 different powermaster units and 2 accumulator balls and NO BRAKES from March to August, the Vacuum Kit was installed. End of story...

This is one story, the truth, the facts... whether it happend to you or not... I do not need a lecture how to purchase parts or the policy implemented by past, present and future Buick Owners, on "proper procedure" for car part purchases. In fact, I have been blessed with my low mileage original 87 GN in stock condition...

However when you buy a beat up GN that needs attention and lots, lots of money, you need reliable vendors with quality parts... this last sentence is not intended to disrespect any vendor. Only an observation...

No the only response you received from us was not "it should be in there".
We have a systematic way of stocking shelves to make it easy for our employees to pack up a kit. There was no back order at the time,we checked.
The only thing we really run out of is used brake pedals & used kits.
That makes it visually easier for us to see if we are getting low on a part. We do not order 1 vacuum block at a time.
If you would of e-mailed instead of posting titles like Beware of GBP then apologizing then coming back & floundering it may get you a better result.
I doubt we didn't package it & would bet it was lost by your mechanic.
If you would of said Brian was there a problem when I ordered this unit like a back order? Some how we do not have a vacuum block in this kit. It may be that you didn't package it or we lost it not 100% sure. I think you would have been suprised by the way we would of handled it.

BTW it doesn't take 5 months,3 units & 2 accumulators to trouble shoot a powermaster. I think I would have had some doubts of my mechanic then a vendor that talks people out of going with vacuum brakes & fixes PM's over the phones. If I haven't lost 100 sales to the fact of telling a customer, well this is the problem the PM isn't bad, I haven't lost 1.

I can't wait to hear the out come of your mechanic installing this vacuum brake conversion. I'm sure it will be well you just got a bad vacuum brake unit from Gbodyparts beware :rolleyes:

Instead of throwing $ at parts educate yourself by spending some time & few bucks on this:
GBodyParts.com Online

I have dealt with Brian a few times, not everytime things went smoothly but in the end it all worked out, and Brian always made it right in a stand up fashion. Case in point, I returned from Korea and had ordered one of his then new 3" Downpipes (Third one built actually). I had a small window to get the parts and install them before driving cross country to my new base. The dump pipe I had originally ordered was not ready yet so instead Brian sent me a plain test pipe to get me to where I needed to be and once it was ready he would send me the dump and I would send him the test pipe, at no additional cost to me!! There was even a problem with the shipping as the downpipe had busted through the box and was damaged, the shipping company called Brian he had it sent back to be repaired and then quickly turned around and sent the part back. When I noticed it was being sent back all I had to do was call Brian and he explained all of it to me. Brian is a stand up guy and does a fantastic job for all of us. When I need something Gbodyparts is the first and usually last place I go to get parts, unless that rare instance he does not have what I want/need. We need to take care of our good vedors like him, otherwise they will get fed up and quit and where would that leave us?

We need to take care of our good vedors like him, otherwise they will get fed up and quit and where would that leave us?

You hit the nail on the head right there! I am starting to stock pile parts again.... When the vendors go away and we got no where to order parts:eek:

very true. you and me both. im getting my hands on everything i can because with people bashing vendors that tailor to a small community they are going to say f it. Its not worth the stress to get kicked in the balls every week

very true. you and me both. im getting my hands on everything i can because with people bashing vendors that tailor to a small community they are going to say f it. Its not worth the stress to get kicked in the balls every week

you actually think brian would leave, that is so far from the truth its not even funny. HE ANT GOING ANYWERE tru$t me....some of brians comments are to easy to let go "educate yourself" for one rofl, he doesn't want you to be educated and dont get let him fool you, he likes when you throw money at parts. he'$ $till here for a rea$on and that rea$on wont let him leave this place, he need$ it trust me on that too.

subscribed ill add later.

XXDarksideXX You just can't take a hint can you , maybe you better read this again from Shane!

Bottom line his he jumps in every thread about any vendor, or about any thread for that matter, and takes shots at Brian. He has said his piece and not only us but MANY MANY MANY members are tired of it.... I got the PM's for dozens of members to prove it.

It is done and over, sorry to sound so harsh but I AM SICK OF IT!

Mark yes I got your PM, know I havent' had time to respond. I have been as nice and patient with you as possible, even called you. You want to save the community but you continually disrupte it. I want you to enjoy the board, we do not want to ban you, but do not bring it up again..........................

And this one from Jay

I feel like I have the right to ban you. Im seriously thinking about exercising that right. I'm sick of your manifesto PM's and your personal vendetta against GbodyParts. Im sick of people asking you to cool it and you just ignoring it, acting like you're the anointed one to save the community from the evil of "corrupt" vendors.. Im sick of your signature... probably a lot of other stuff too.

Keep on preaching, it just gets me closer to using the ban feature.

you actually think brian would leave, that is so far from the truth its not even funny. HE ANT GOING ANYWERE tru$t me....some of brians comments are to easy to let go "educate yourself" for one rofl, he doesn't want you to be educated and dont get let him fool you, he likes when you throw money at parts. he'$ $till here for a rea$on and that rea$on wont let him leave this place, he need$ it trust me on that too.

subscribed ill add later.

No you want add later.... You just made your last statement here... That is it. Evidentally you don't believe crap stinks... Have a good life!

this should be closed

No need, He is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian G Body Parts

Brian Would Never Stick Any Of His Customers. I Have Called Several Times And Ordered Arts Never Had A Problem. Things Get Mixed Up Yeah But Hold Ur Horses Give The Man A Break. Give Him Time To Fix Ur Stuff Especially If Its Not His Fault.

No you want add later.... You just made your last statement here... That is it. Evidentally you don't believe crap stinks... Have a good life!

No need, He is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 months of don't reply, just ignore him he will grow tired & stop. Thank you!

I guarantee there isn't one customer I have that would say that I told them to throw $ at parts.
I let people borrow parts to trouble shoot.Once they figure out what they need i give them the option to buy or send back.

This BS has been going on since 05 when my intercoolers were Ford front mounts with modified tanks to last year China built everything.

I'm patient but 18 months is along time for anyone,Thanks Shane & Jay.

You hit the nail on the head right there! I am starting to stock pile parts again.... When the vendors go away and we got no where to order parts:eek:

That is a scary thought. It would be a sad day to see our vendors exit stage left. It is hard as hell to find parts for these 20 plus year old cars and it is not like you can just run down the street to the nearest competitor. I say preserve the vendors and rid the community of unwanted rif raf. This is a fun hobby for myself and many others and I would like to keep it for many years to come.