Better than Buick being canned, but....

SilverSleeper

If you guys havent been over to the V8 Buick site, I thought I might pass this link along:

http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,79683,00.html

I love this part:
...the new Buick Rainier sport utility vehicle and a new Buick minivan will replace the Oldsmobile Bravada SUV and the Oldsmobile Silhouette minivan.

Minivan?? Ewwwww:rolleyes: .Okay, I dont hate minivans ( I do own one) but "Buick" doesnt make "minivans"!

Guess it was just a matter of time before Buick lost its uniqueness. Having the Rendevous was bad enough. Now this:(

Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, etc... are all the same thing now. We are GM. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

:mad: BAH :mad:

MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT ALL OVER THEM TWITS. BUSINESS CRIMINAL COCKSUCKERS!!! :mad: :mad: BUICK IS JUST ANOTHER LESS-THAN-MEDIOCRE CAR COMPANY USING THE NAME FOR BRAND RECOGNITION. :mad:

Atleast the rainier will have the short wheel base and LS1 power so it will be the most sporty of the envoy/trailblazer clones.

were expendable, it should not be a shock remember how much of a fit they threw over the gn being faster then the vette.

Strange bedfellows!

I thought I would never hear this in my day!

A Buick truck going head-to-head with a Lincoln and a Mercury truck.

>>>An optional 5.3-liter V-8 engine will be available at a later date to boost horsepower to 285 hp, putting the Rainier on strong footing with Lincoln and Mercury competitors.<<<

When is GMC (Sprint/Caballero excluded) and Jeep gonna start building cars?:rolleyes:

Im telling you, chrysler and ford know WTF they're doing
GM is just a giant mass that doesnt kjow what to do with itself other than find marketing appeal and get bigger.

come to think of it, ive never heard of a chrysler SUV .. a minivan sure, but no suvs ..

now dodge has an entire lineup of impressive cars, the SXT series.. then chrysler gunna have its hemi 300N .. etc .. ooh, buick will have more suv's a minivan, and probnably redisnged regals and lesabres that look just likie the other brands cars with different rims..pathetic.

Why did they force a restyling on the regal/lesabre anyhow?? apparently the article says they restyled them and were sent back to redo them...horse ****.

Well...whatever keeps them from ditching Buick all together. If the brand lives, maybe one day the company will build something for us again. Saab is having the same troubles, GM wants to quickly throw Saab decals on an Impreza and call it a 9-2. I dont like the idea of that, but if it keeps the brand alive, thats all we can hope for.

**** Saab. to quote george carlin "What the **** would you want to own a swedish peice of **** like that for?"

lol, all the saabs ive ever seen were like 16+ years old owned by people who wish they could drive benz's or mercedes..
but saab did do a pretty cool engine a while ago , turbo with variable compression, neat idea..

GM is a joke. They are making poor decision after poor decision. Their flagship division, the Caddy, is nothing more than a comfortable piece of crap. They are always breaking down. Everybody says it is because of the high technology electronics. Please, are these people trying to tell me Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, don't have high technology electronics? They don't break down nearly as much as the Caddy.

Ford has the Mustang and Lighting. Chrylser has the Viper, a new line of hemi powered vehicles, a new sport truck coming out that is supposed to rival the Lighting. GM has the Vette and always will. It has a Grand Am with a V8 which they are calling the GTO, and what else? Am I missing something?

If I were to go buy a performance car right now off a showroom floor, it would be the Nissan 350Z (287 hp) or even a 2004 Maxima. They are set to have 265 hp.

There hasn't been an offering in many years from Buick that I would own. Maybe the Roadmaster, but other than that, they all look the same.

(I would like the GNX that was at BG! :D )

Originally posted by JayLashua
UH, it didnt censor out my vulgarity? ohwell, :)

Dont worry we have you covered (for now)...... But please remember foul language will not be tolerated and continuius use of this is a violation of the TB.com rules. Please conduct yourself accordingly.

Thank you
Jesse

lol, all the saabs ive ever seen were like 16+ years old owned by people who wish they could drive benz's or mercedes..

George Carlin always gave me the impression he drove a beat up VW bus:D And Benzes and Mercedes' are the same car. After buying the GN, I know I had to have a Turbo in my Daily too.

Us guys dont need to worry about new cars. W'ell be driving our TR's forever! Sure enough, as each decade recedes, our cars are going to look more dated and we as drivers will seem more eccentric. But , WTH. The stupid bug face look that all new cars are now given is enough to prevent me from ever buying one. The GN seems like John Wayne to me when parked next to another $40,000 bubble faced turd.
And another thing, as far as commercials go, Im tired of seeing stupid fwd cars sliding sideways on wet courses. And of sport flukes in perfect pastoral settings in 4wd mode "conquering " a territory that theyll almost never be in.:mad: