New Race Class.. True Street Buick this BG event

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
New Race Class.. True Street Buick this BG event
Class involves a cruise, running on pump gas, and vehicle to be Buick Powered. Hybrids welcome, Stage II cars welcome, V8 cars welcome, 3800 series cars welcome as long as they are Buick powered.

We all meet outside of town for fill up and cruise to track. Line up at a specific lane.. get a little cool down.. and make a run, go back to staging lanes.. a little cooldown.. make another run,.. and make the third run. There will be some cooling time between rounds.. no opening of hoods. Tire pressure can be lowered not raised. Vehicle must move on its own power or be driver assisted.

3 run average will yield a new "KING" and have a prize for runner up as well. ET specific average winners. 10.0 prize, 11.0 prize, and 12.0 prize. And its not index so you cant breakout. Meaning if you run a 10.8, then run 11.0, and on your final run 11.2.. thats an 11.0 average.

Working on the money details.

This works with TAI as the class is basically the same. Except we can have more in the house.

Lets get some of the step children that are true street cars involved. Face it.. we build cars for our fun.. and a lot of us dont do it to meet a specific race class that may happen once a year. There are so many street cars that are raced yet fit no class except brackets. This way there is no descrimination of what transmission, turbo, exhaust, AC or not, etc... A few cars come to mind like Robert Wilsons and Jason's new ride from RJC. The Camaro and Firebird with the LC2 swaps.

I have the permission from Mr Richard Lasseter to make and run this class at this years BG event in two weeks..

Thoughts are do this program on Saturday morning and head to track to have our own deal. I'll work on the little bugs with Jim the RRA.

Questions?? Thoughts?? Sure beats running brackets against pro race cars on slicks... The "Going Fast with Class" gets the best of the real driven street cars.

Being a street car guy at heart, this sounds like a fun new class. Not just the racing but the enjoyment of the cruise as well..... I just wish this was posted earlier as there is no way I would have time to prepare my car with less than two weeks before the event.

Do the cars have to have ALKY or is it any Buick powered car on pump gas?
Just a question...my car is down so I will not be running.

Thanks
Bryan

Cool idea! I'm in! I am planning on running THS and TAI. I put 200+ miles on my T this past week alone.

Do the cars have to have ALKY or is it any Buick powered car on pump gas?
Just a question...my car is down so I will not be running.

Thanks
Bryan
Bryan any Buick powered car. Tag, insured, street tires, etc
I'd like to see the pump gas thing added but if the turnout gets too great may ditch the idea. There is already enough going on.
I want those bringing their street cars to BG to have a venue and level the playing field a little.

Im passionate about having a performance "streetable" car. This program should get it done.
If your coming to BG and won't be racing... Would like to help out... Hit me up I need as much help as possible :)

Julio

Bryan any Buick powered car. Tag, insured, street tires, etc
I'd like to see the pump gas thing added but if the turnout gets too great may ditch the idea. There is already enough going on.
I want those bringing their street cars to BG to have a venue and level the playing field a little.

Im passionate about having a performance "streetable" car. This program should get it done.
If your coming to BG and won't be racing... Would like to help out... Hit me up I need as much help as possible :)

Julio

Julio, as it stands now I will not make it to BG. If that changes I will look you up.
Thanks
Bryan

Bryan .. You could just come and get this long block i have .. And have your car running next week .. Its always nice to have a spare ..

Bryan .. You could just come and get this long block i have .. And have your car running next week .. Its always nice to have a spare ..

This is true...but my car budget isn't what it used to be so buying another longblock just isn't in the cards. Thanks though.

Bryan

Julio, as it stands now I will not make it to BG. If that changes I will look you up.
Thanks
Bryan
No problem. This community needs guys like your self that love these cars.

I still can use help if anyone has free time :)

SOUNDS like there is now a place for ANYONE with a Buick to have some FUN!!!!

I know you have talked about this class before, and didn't you win a local NMRA race!!!

Sign me UP!!!

I hope we can still run TAI, as long as we can GET ENOUGH CAR'S!!!!

Maybe run TAI on Friday and TS on Saturday????

There really isn't amy reason you can't get 20 or 30 cars for THIS!!!!

See you'all SOON!!!

JD

This is true...but my car budget isn't what it used to be so buying another longblock just isn't in the cards. Thanks though.

Bryan
i'll loan it to ya if you promise not to blow the head gaskets .. no stike that .. i forgot who i was talking to .. are you on your way to getting your's going again ?

Sounds like a GREAT time for everybody..... I said way back in another thread "I just want to be able to run the snot out of my little TR with a bunch of other folks that want to run the snot out of their little TR's in an atmoshphere of fun and camaraderie".....

I believe that you have just hit the nail square on the head.

Wish I could be there.....

Hopefully the other events will incorporate this idea into their shows!

i'll loan it to ya if you promise not to blow the head gaskets .. no stike that .. i forgot who i was talking to .. are you on your way to getting your's going again ?

LMAO !!!
I do appreciate the offer but with the luck I have had your motor may not survive... I would not feel comfortable borrowing a motor from anyone. Besides that I loaned my torque converter to KevinB so he could get running.
Yes, I emailed Bobby at RPE and am sending the engine to him this week. Don't know what kind of damage has been done yet. The block has a melted spot on it, one piston is toast, hopefully the crank and rods are OK. As soon as the head is repaired I will be sending them to RPE as well. Depending on the damage, his workload and my wallet it may be springtime before I get it running. :(

Bryan

This has now been posted in the HA, B4black, and hybred section. This is great for all of us "red headed step children".:biggrin:

The only other thing I'd offer is a 13's class since most of the cars in stock trim have problems breaking the 13's.:)

I think there shouldnt be a tire rule and e8s should be allowed but there should be a 13s and 14s class so if you got a stock car and wanna just have some fun on your kelly springfield,or bfg slip and slide tires then theres a place for you might get more buicks on the track and that way you wont get a 10 sec dr or slick car azz stompin a 14 sec bone stocker...Plus then the stock guys the hotair guys and the fwd guys can all have some fun!!!