New Race Class.. True Street Buick this BG event

I think there shouldnt be a tire rule and e8s should be allowed but there should be a 13s and 14s class so if you got a stock car and wanna just have some fun on your kelly springfield,or bfg slip and slide tires then theres a place for you might get more buicks on the track and that way you wont get a 10 sec dr or slick car azz stompin a 14 sec bone stocker...Plus then the stock guys the hotair guys and the fwd guys can all have some fun!!!
It's a street car class so any dot tire should be fine

If there are enough "slower" cars then sure do a 13.0 Even a 14.0
We need to see turnout to make this call and start somewhere :)

Can we open the hood at the gas station to drain gas out to meet the minimum fill up amount needed? I'd hate to try to run too little and run empty on my way out of town to fill up.

Will this class be a go regardless of TAI? Or a fall back if there are not enough for TAI???

Can we open the hood at the gas station to drain gas out to meet the minimum fill up amount needed? I'd hate to try to run too little and run empty on my way out of town to fill up.

Yes.. at the gas station when you pull up simply drain it. That way you can get 10 gallons in there :)

This applies to TAI. Has nothing to do with TSB

Will this class be a go regardless of TAI? Or a fall back if there are not enough for TAI???

This TSB class will happen whether TAI happens or not. If TAI does not have the turnout... they can run in this class. As anyone with a Buick powered car can run this class.

Brilliant Julio, this class will be the hottest class out there moving forward. Street guys can finally participate in a Buick event!!! Awesome!!!

Love the class idea Julio. Good luck with it...when I get my car sorted out, I would be interested in a class like this.

Roll Call... Who's coming. If you dont want to post.. send me a PM.

I'll be there! I got fresh tires on the trailer today:) The drag radials I got this week were dry rotted so I'm running slicks for THS and street tires for TAI/TSB if I can manage swapping out the two rear tires fast enough in eliminations.

Sorry for the questions but I am a little confused and just want to clarify.....

The object is to run as close to an index as possible averaging three runs. The closest to an 11.0, 12.0, etc wins? So we aren't racing each other we're racing an index without a breakout? Correct?

Do we have to "Fill Our Tanks" with (pump) gas? In other words a full tank of gas?

Reference cool down time......The reason for not opening your hood to cool down is...? My motor is bone stock except for the usual add ons but I still respect the fact that heat kills motors and especially transmissions and proper cool downs are not unreasonable.

The cruise around the Kentucky countryside sounds like fun...Even if I don't race I'd like to join the cruise.

Please don't misinterpret my questions as being negative. It's just clarification.

Thanks, I look forward to this. Sounds good...

Sorry for the questions but I am a little confused and just want to clarify.....

The object is to run as close to an index as possible averaging three runs. The closest to an 11.0, 12.0, etc wins? So we aren't racing each other we're racing an index without a breakout? Correct?

Do we have to "Fill Our Tanks" with (pump) gas? In other words a full tank of gas?

Reference cool down time......The reason for not opening your hood to cool down is...? My motor is bone stock except for the usual add ons but I still respect the fact that heat kills motors and especially transmissions and proper cool downs are not unreasonable.

The cruise around the Kentucky countryside sounds like fun...Even if I don't race I'd like to join the cruise.

Please don't misinterpret my questions as being negative. It's just clarification.

Thanks, I look forward to this. Sounds good...
At this point you can run any fuel. Car will need to make the cruise and race with the fuel in the car.

As to cool down. No opening the hood after a pass. You are racing an index like you said 11.0, 12.0, etc and you can't break out. The cool down time depends on how the track is moving. The purpose of this class is to show a well rounded car that can be run without a lot of drama. Your cooling system, transmission cooling, etc will be taxed and that is the point vs a race car that can
Be allowed to have fans, battery chargers, etc. The class is to try and show a street cara ability. Example you pull up to a light and the guy next to you wants to run.. You don't have time for cool down or any other drama.

I don't know what participation we'll have for this event. Hopefully we get enough interest to have many indexes

I can use help as a lead vehicle and end vehicle are needed. You can be the lead vehicle. Just get with me through pm so this can be sorted. Could use help with pictures/video as well.

Don't want to run the car hard, let's make a 13.0 index.

Julio

Looks like I started a trend! Or at least the right idea Years ago when TSR was started..... Back then I can remember Julio breaking my balls over the "Street tire" rule as it was dangerous and in his words "Entry level" now look what he has going...... LOL Looks like it was a good idea after all.....:rolleyes:
Even some of my terminology was used...... Makes me feel proud that my ideas are being used years later... ;)

Maybe I will have the time to enter in this class at BG.... Good luck with the new class Julio I truly mean it!

Scot W.

Welllllllllllllllll?

How did it go???????????????:biggrin:

Welllllllllllllllll?

How did it go???????????????:biggrin:
I finally got the ok from Jim to make the class. I went got flyers printed, hung some around the event, tried reaching out and had a few cars interested. But couldn't get it off the ground. Essentially chummed the water and will with help get this off the ground for next year.
Running a business, helping fellow Buick owners with problems they where having I truly bit off way more than I could chew trying to get this done.
I want this class to happen as it would bring a different dynamic. It was great to hear from those wanting updates on it.
Thank you and for next year hope I can get some much needed help :)
Julio

I finally got the ok from Jim to make the class. I went got flyers printed, hung some around the event, tried reaching out and had a few cars interested. But couldn't get it off the ground. Essentially chummed the water and will with help get this off the ground for next year.
Running a business, helping fellow Buick owners with problems they where having I truly bit off way more than I could chew trying to get this done.
I want this class to happen as it would bring a different dynamic. It was great to hear from those wanting updates on it.
Thank you and for next year hope I can get some much needed help :)
Julio

Wanna run it in NC?? Find a sponsor and lemme know