best way to launch from a roll?

Brake boost. Takes some practice though. Basically use enough brake to maintain your start speed while simultaneously giving it enough gas to build boost.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nitrous, ballast, electronic boost controller like an ams. You can put on two bus lengths before they can blink

Riding the brake works but you won't be able to stop later from brake fade. The best scenario is to get them to race from a speed where your car will downshift into 2nd. It spools very quickly when you do that.

Whether or not a roll is a ricer thing really makes no difference. You still have to smoke them however they'd like to race.

I roll raced a turbo mustang last night from a 30 roll.. We were both on street tires and it was the only way we could get it done

Riding the brake works but you won't be able to stop later from brake fade. The best scenario is to get them to race from a speed where your car will downshift into 2nd. It spools very quickly when you do that.

Whether or not a roll is a ricer thing really makes no difference. You still have to smoke them however they'd like to race.
I don't think you'll be riding the brakes that long... Maybe if you run multiple races.

Agreed w/ @dvernst , if you are fading the brakes so much that they don't cool by the end of the run, you have other brake problems or driving problems. It doesn't take a lot of braking to spool up a turbo from a roll.

I was playing around yesterday, and did a few rolling starts and brake boosting. It spooled rather quickly, launched hard as hell (from a 30 roll) and had no prob stopping.

If you can't launch from a dig with minimal to no wheelspin, you have three things going on.

1. Too small/ hard tires

2. Your suspension setup needs improvement

3. You need to learn drive better/ learn how to launch your car & how it reacts

There is no reason to roll race other that poor setup & bad driving skills. If you wanna roll, go to the bakery.

If it's what somebody wants to do, who is anyone else to tell him he is wrong?! You can get way more random action while cruising down the highway than you can from a dig. Maybe he just really enjoys getting after it from a roll, whatever it may be, he came on and asked for advice on how to launch from a roll, not whether any of you approve of his actions.

Sorry dad.... I won't speak the truth anymore. It might hurt someone's feelings.

Well son, maybe you need a time out in the corner for a while for speaking out your ass then, huh?

Well son, maybe you need a time out in the corner for a while for speaking out your ass then, huh?

Keep it up bigmouth. You won't go far around here.

Roll racing proves nothing other that who has more top end speed. No skill or car setup required.

Back to the point of the OP, he asked for the best techniques for launching from a roll. Nowhere do I see him asking any of us if we approve, or what roll racing will dictate his skill level as.

And as far as how far I'll go around here, don't dish out the smart comments if you don't want it tossed directly back in your face CATman. Better toughen up some. Now, can you let the back and forth banter between you and I go? You've sidetracked the man's thread enough already.

Keep it up bigmouth. You won't go far around here.

Roll racing proves nothing other that who has more top end speed. No skill or car setup required.

who do you think you are? lol you just sound like a big mouth ignorant asshole. it was a simple question. roll racing is a lot more common to find when your driving around. you need to relax hot shot