BB turbo

texasterror

Any advice on which turbo to get??

My TE60 broke i rather upgrade then rebuild it.

I have 2800 stall, 42.5 pound injectors, razors dual spray alky,
Big boy front mount, head work, forged bottom end.
I want a good turbo with minimum lag. meow.

Depending on what your goals are and with your combo, if you are looking for a newer technology turbo, that would be a direct bolt on and not have to change anything with your combo, I would suggest our PT6262B turbo. It would work with your converter and with your injectors. It will also support around 680 flywheel hp when maxed. With head work and built bottom end, it would really help take advantage of the flow capabilities of your motor. Just keep in mind that you have injectors that on gas alone, can support 510 flywheel hp. So an injector upgrade would be highly recommended with your combo, in order to really push the potential of this turbo.

If your goals are for high to mid 10's and you intend on changing your converter and injectors, then I would suggest a PT6765B turbo. Both are available with our E style compressor cover, which is the same style cover that the TE-60 turbo uses. What this means for you is, it would be a direct swap. MAF hose and IC hose and clamps would work on the new turbo. On either turbo, I would suggest our Precision .63 A/R turbine housing. Both turbos feature our air cooled dual ceramic ball bearing center section. Both turbos are also available with S style compressor covers, but you would need to change your MAF hose and IC hose.
Let us know if we can help you.

Patrick

Precision Turbo Territory 2 Sales Rep
Precision Turbo and Engine: Turbochargers, Air/Fuel Delivery, Boost Control, Racing

Any advice on which turbo to get??

My TE60 broke i rather upgrade then rebuild it.

I have 2800 stall, 42.5 pound injectors, razors dual spray alky,
Big boy front mount, head work, forged bottom end.
I want a good turbo with minimum lag. meow.
Postingyour goals would help. More converter and injector would really open up a lot of potential.

Goals

I would like to run low 11's easily with minimum lag and minimum boost. The PT5857B couldn't get me into the low 11's?

Also, what if I purchase the larger turbo PT6262B, and not make to upgrades immediately? I plan on making them but just not now. And what tq convertor and injector upgrade would I need to make to make good use of the this turbo. Also would it spool as fast as the PT5857B if I was to make the upgrades?

I would like to run low 11's easily with minimum lag and minimum boost. The PT5857B couldn't get me into the low 11's?

Also, what if I purchase the larger turbo PT6262B, and not make to upgrades immediately? I plan on making them but just not now. And what tq convertor and injector upgrade would I need to make to make good use of the this turbo. Also would it spool as fast as the PT5857B if I was to make the upgrades?
The 5857 will spool faster and is probably a better choice for a low 11 sec build. 22-23psi/22* should get it done. Your injectors should be enough with the dual nozzle alky. If your cam duration is more than 206 I'd go with the 6262

Turbo

So bison a 6262? I plan on upgrading my injectors 60lbs. Would that be enough? I spoke to matt at precision.

The 5857 will spool faster and is probably a better choice for a low 11 sec build. 22-23psi/22* should get it done. Your injectors should be enough with the dual nozzle alky. If your cam duration is more than 206 I'd go with the 6262

Think the billet 5857 on stock engine with head work and supporting mods make it into the 10s? How much boost do you suppose it would take? Just curious.

So bison a 6262? I plan on upgrading my injectors 60lbs. Would that be enough? I spoke to matt at precision.

You should be fine with the 6262. A really good converter that is efficient up top is really nice to have with the smaller compressor wheels/turbines. The engine will spend more time right near peak power. The injectors you have now will easily cover you for low 11's with a dual nozzle. I made 10 sec power 12 years ago with a home made alky kit and (6) 42lb/hr injectors. The car trapped 124mph before i was out of fuel. 60lb/hr will go high 130's with a dual nozzle alky before you need to worry about them. Keep in mind you will need adjustability of the fuel if you want to run 20psi one day and 25 the next. The fuel wont even be close between the two.

Think the billet 5857 on stock engine with head work and supporting mods make it into the 10s? How much boost do you suppose it would take? Just curious.

It would easily support it. Small cam is important. You need tall tires and a really good efficient converter. Imo the 5857 could go 10.70's at under 30psi. Havent seen it but im very certain its possible. It wont do much at 20psi though. 28-30psi with some good fuel and 23-24* advance and it will really lay down some really good numbers. You could easily have the turbo in your sig updated to a 76 tim ex and housing and it will cover you at least as well. Converter might be too tight though

fuel pressure regulator

Bison i have a fuel pressure regulator and hotwire kit, walbro 340, big mouth cold air kit, . Would this turbo spool faster than my TE-60. How much boost should i run in order to get into the 10's? i'm not a die hard racer but i will take my car to the track from time to time. Assuming I will hook up well.

what i have.

76,XXX mile on the body (body is very straight)
> Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator,
> Jay Jackson modified TB & Plenum, (62mm over stock 57 mm)
> RJC Power Plate
> Big mouth cold air,
> 3 inch DP, 3inch cat,
>Hooker exhaust
> ScanMaster 2.1,
> Boost, fuel, and oil pressure gauge, Deltagate with boost control, (Fuel
> Pressure and Oil Pressure are hood mounted)
> walbro pump with hot wire,
> Ported heads, new valves and guides
> 2800 converter.
> 204/214cam,
> 42.5lb injectors,
> TE-60
Big boy front mount intercooler
> Reman - pass and driver side manifolds 2003
> Line Lock
> Torque Converter Lock up switch
> In Car Boost Controller
> 145mph speedo
> Tranny rebuilt with PTS Extreme Deluxe rebuild kit with Alto wide band.
> Rebuilt motor bore .30 over Only 3000 miles on both rebuilds.
> Main stud kit.
> Speedpro forged pistons
> 91 Alky chip by turbo tweak
> recored radiator
> driver side polly mount
> High Vol timing cover
> new oil pan
> bilstein shocks
>
> New tires all around on Weld ProStars (Rear tires are huge 295/50/15's !!)
> Vacuum brake conversion
>
> New Cat
> RAZORS Alky
> New Cam Sensor

converter

I know for a fact it isn't a stocker. I got it from Don Wang's shop in santee califoria, DRW transmissions.

It would easily support it. Small cam is important. You need tall tires and a really good efficient converter. Imo the 5857 could go 10.70's at under 30psi. Havent seen it but im very certain its possible. It wont do much at 20psi though. 28-30psi with some good fuel and 23-24* advance and it will really lay down some really good numbers. You could easily have the turbo in your sig updated to a 76 tim ex and housing and it will cover you at least as well. Converter might be too tight though

I'm thinking something like that would be a hoot on the street and still go well at the track.

You can check out my build in my sig, but I've been very happy with the 6262DBB turbo and 2800rpm stall from Dusty with my combo. ;)

Would i notice a significant difference between the BB and the Journal Bearing?
is the couple of extra hundred bucks worth the BB.

Would i notice a significant difference between the BB and the Journal Bearing?
is the couple of extra hundred bucks worth the BB.

I would think the BB is going to be necessary with 6262 if you are only stalling at 2800... If you were at 3000 you could proly get away with a JB 6262