Banned from car show in Westford, Mass

Alright, I can see the "25 year or older" thing...some places do that. I was kicked out once ("Whoa buddy! You're a bit too new for me!").

But the Viper and C4-C5 Corvette thing is just BS to the fullest! And then he insults you! That guy probebly thought he knew everything about cars, and that your car is "just a regular ol Regal" :rolleyes:

Theres was a cruise like that by me in a PizzaHut, same deal, and they stuck to it. At the time I turned around and got my Chevelle.

Its OK, they just wanna feel like THEY have the fastest cars there.

:cool:

I saw the Limited I believe at Cottons, it would show a lot better than the Viper and Vette which most people have seen at most shows.

Give 'em a fast rare one to scratch their heads over. :D

I let Mark H. check out the shows to make sure they allow '87s there before I go. :cool:

Idiots.....

Same thing happens to my brother routinely at the local cruise. He drives an '02 WS6 TA. They say '78 or older', but I get in with the GN without questions. Any Vette seems eligible, too (right up to an '03 that comes routinely) and a handful of post '78 g-bodies.

It sucks, but what can you do?

Jim

There is a street rod club in the area Wetern Maine Street Rods.I've got a couple friends in the club and they sometimes ask me to tag along on their cruises and other events.I don't belong to the club and I don't think there is any cars above 1960 in the club.One event they put on is a burnout show.They have a special pad at the Rec. Park where people can waste all the rubber they want.Cool watching people hammer on their cars and or break them. :eek: Anyway The club was going to have their cars on display at the burnout show,no carshow planned.They asked me to put my car on display with theirs,I reluctantly did.Well the Rec. Park workers had a surprise voting and had 3 trophies.I got a trophy, a couple guys in the club weren't too happy. Oh well those same guys always whine when they don't win a trophy. :( :p

That shows very poor taste, and it was pretty obvious that guy wouldn't have know a Turbo from a celing fan.

That is Bullsh!t man!!! I cant beleive that crap. I dont put my car in car shows, but I will go to cruise nights. I have never encountered that crap before.....I am pissed just thinking about it!!

I went to a cruise night in a different town, didnt know anyone there. It was at a Wendy's, so pretty small parking lot. I pulled in and asked a guy if there was anywere to park. This guy practically jumped in my car when he said "You beat, pull her in". Granted my car is not show quality.........yet! But half the cars there look worse then mine.

To me cruise nights are about getting together with people with the same interest and see what they are doing to their car. You meet people with all sorts of taste in vehicles. Its great, it is what makes owning a muscle car all worth it, that and the smell of burnt rubber and feel of your a$$ planted in the seat.

Nick

That is major BS. I would call the owner of the ice cream establishment and have a talk.

I would have ran the guy over for insulting you like that. Such disrespect to anyone.

We have local car shows/cruise nights in my area. A cruise is usually held every Friday at the local A&W. Usually it's whoever gets a parking space first and show whatever they have. But they also have set dates for whatever class cars on certain nights. Like car club night, Camaro night, truck night ect ect. We also have a cruie every Saturday at the local Chilie's. It's a first come first serve bases with no discrimination on make/model/year.

Tell them about it!

>>New this season, Kimball Farm welcomes you to the latest family fun attraction. Every Thursday night* in Westford and Jaffrey, from 6-9pm, we host Cruise Night, with as many as 200 cars ranging from Corvettes to Model A's. Ultimate Cruise Night in Westford offers the additional excitement of live local band entertainment and our delicious Kimball Farm BBQ grill. Try to resist our Legendary Ice Cream Buffet. What better way to spend a Summer evening. Come on down and join us!
* Weather Permitting<<

http://www.kimballfarm.com/

Read the story. Man, that guy at the show is a jerk.

Man, thats screwed up, I think if it were me, I would get as many turbobuicks up there as I could and just roll in there and ignore the parking guys. That would be great.:D

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
Tell them about it!

>>New this season, Kimball Farm welcomes you to the latest family fun attraction. Every Thursday night* in Westford and Jaffrey, from 6-9pm, we host Cruise Night, with as many as 200 cars ranging from Corvettes to Model A's. Ultimate Cruise Night in Westford offers the additional excitement of live local band entertainment and our delicious Kimball Farm BBQ grill. Try to resist our Legendary Ice Cream Buffet. What better way to spend a Summer evening. Come on down and join us!
* Weather Permitting<<

[Read the story. Man, that guy at the show is a jerk.

Should Read:

"From Corvettes to Model A's"...........Sorry, NO Turbo Regals allowed as they make all the other V8 & V10 powered cars
nervous.

LOL......That's such BS!!!:mad: Contact the owner of that shop and tell em he should give that idiot the boot!!!:rolleyes:

That is close to me.. What an AZZ..

I had an overheated GTO one night a few years ago
going into the cruise at in Fitchberg mass.
I tried to get in over at the exit rather than wait in line & overheat.
I nicley told the guy my car was running hot & would park & walk over to give donation after parking.. He would not let me in.

I drove around all the cars waiting & still went in..

What is it with these DORKS from MASS who run shows!

I just called Kimball Farms and left a voicemail (for the person in charge of the show) to call me back in regards to concerns about the show. Well see what happens. STEVE Z

at most they may send you some gift certs for a couple of Ice Creams. :(

Personally i wouldn't go back unless you get an ARMY of GN's & TRS to show up..

BETCHA THEY WOULD'VE LET YOU IN WITH AN 87 MONTE. THEY LIKE THE FAST chevies. :rolleyes: OR EVEN AN IMPALA SUPER SLED! :p

I had the same experience with my 26,000 totally original Typhoon. I could tell the guy had no idea what the truck was and he's a "car" guy. No sense in arguing with him, he just showed his intelligence...what's to argue about? Just :rolleyes: and turn around.

http://www.krif.com/tta/Typhoon/

It's the same story with the Ocean City, Maryland car show's that happen. They used to let Turbo Regals drive down the boardwalk and participate in the show. Now they've said no. I think this is because of all the Mustangs that are modded trying to get in as well. Since Mustangs are dime-a-dozen, they probably don't want them ALL in.

Clearer guidelines need to be set. These car shows aren't exactly raking in the money, especially in these hard times. They need to think a little more about what they admit. They really couldn't afford boycotts and things like that. These shows bring a lot of money into a town... ask Bowling Green, KY!!

As said before, if it were advertised as a 25 year and older show, that'd be OK. But the way this show was advertised it should have guidelines of who to let in!