AWESOME 9 sec supra street race **VIDEOS**

SPOT MY 6

Stock crawlin National...
This is "White Supra" (from supraforums.com) who was challenging John Hennessey's Viper a while back (which was posted on here). You might remeber because they were going to race a full mile for somewhere around $40,000. It was a post on supraforums.com. This supra is I believe the 2nd fastest full weight supra in the country. Hes on a Nitto Drag Radial too. Here are the videos (try to watch them in the order they are posted):

Here is the "White Supra"
http://www.shapor.com/vids/marco.wmv

Here is the race edited:
http://www.shapor.com/vids/marco_vs_mustang.wmv

In car view (un-edited):
http://www.shapor.com/vids/marco_vs_mustang-in_car.wmv

Outside of car view (un-edited):
http://www.shapor.com/vids/marco_vs_mustang-outside.wmv

It looks like they went for a couple gears and then called it quits... You can see when the race starts that the Supra is getting loose in the back end and then just takes off. The Supra is fast... but the Stang is just coasting past the camera and I wouldn't call that a real full on race. I think the Mustang quit?!?!

Full roll cage in the Supra and the passenger isn't wearing a helmet... SMART! Had something happened her dome would not look as pretty as it does.

That is a pretty sick Supra though.

-GNX7

that supra is nice. i wonder how much it takes to get one of those to go that fast.

Originally posted by gnx7
but the Stang is just coasting past the camera and I wouldn't call that a real full on race. I think the Mustang quit?!?!
Watch the edited video again at the end where the mustang rolls by the camera man. Look at the oil he layed down on the ground. He put his $hit in the pan or blew a radiator hose.

Full roll cage in the Supra and the passenger isn't wearing a helmet... SMART! Had something happened her dome would not look as pretty as it does.

That is a pretty sick Supra though.

-GNX7
Actually, the girl in the car was on the sidelines in a parked car just watching the race. She wasnt in the car when he was racing. He raced solo.

Originally posted by orion681
i wonder how much it takes to get one of those to go that fast.

To answer your question in one word: Alot !:eek:

It will cost roughly:

1. 22,000-26,000 for the purchase of the car.
2. Single turbo kit-7,000-9,000.(on the cheap side)
3. Fuel management-1,500+
4. Other stuff-??

They are nice, fast cars, but cheap they are not. But then again, racing isn't either. But for the same money, you could built a 8 second GN, or seriously sick mustang. Something to keep in mind, is supra's are not typically good drag cars. 600++ hsp supra's are normally in the 11's with a lot of mph.

...on the subject of the video, why would a mustang guy take a race from a roll?:confused:

Originally posted by blackshoebox

...on the subject of the video, why would a mustang guy take a race from a roll?:confused:
Supposedly the mustang was the one that wanted to do it from a roll. It is a blower car that made supposedly 800rwhp. Plus, the mustang was on a slick.

He put the supra at a major advantage considering the supra was on a drag radial.

Yea, the mustang kinda gave up so I can't tell who really won. I also would not put it past most of the owners of faster supras to stage a fake race where the supra owner is going to win.

Also the start sucked, sure they were rolling at a very low speed but I want to see them race from a dead dig, supra owners avoid this as well as they know how crappy of a drag car the supra is.

The supra might have impresive top speed ability and from a roll on the highway they are tuff to beat but in a drag race they lack the traction to use the power. The car is not a drag car at all, and that's the bottom line. It is also not a sports car as it is to heavy in the front. The hardtop cars have posted very impresive skidpad numbers but drive on hard and see how bad all the weight in the front makes the car want to push.

Originally posted by TwoLaneBlackTop
The car is not a drag car at all, and that's the bottom line.
The car goes mid 9's at 140+ in the 1/4 mile, gets driven around town (yes I can verify this as I live in Chi-town and know the guy) and comes to all the street racing spots (not on a trailer), but its not a drag car? Your right. Its a STREET car that goes mid 9's.......

Spot-

what size turbo is he running.... and is it ball bearing? Supras are badass and the fact that the stock engine can handle so much abuse is hats off to Toyota.

-GNX7

I smoked his A$$ on Peterson Ave a few years ago:p :p

.April Fools ......

The car from what I hear has a built motor and different head that cost $3500 about,cams are expensive to,,,so yeah LOTS of $$$$ to go 9's,,,way to much

Originally posted by blackshoebox
To answer your question in one word: Alot !:eek:

i figured as much. i really do like supras though, they are one of the few imports i personally wouldn't consider rice. they are classy cars and they look real nice. i would rather go with the 8 sec GN

Come on guys, it's a hell of a car. Listen when he comes by. A fast car is just that a fast car. I give him props.

if i had the money i would love to own and mod a supra...but there's no way in hell i am spending all that dough just to go fast...i like the GN better anyways overall

Spot-

what size turbo is he running.... and is it ball bearing?
-GNX7
gnx7,
I dont know for sure, but I believe its a T-88. Im assuming it is ball bearing. I will find out and post back.

BTW, the car is sponsored by Sound Performance, so Im pretty sure most parts are given to him. Not positive on that though.

Originally posted by SPOT MY 6
gnx7,
I dont know for sure, but I believe its a T-88. Im assuming it is ball bearing. I will find out and post back.

BTW, the car is sponsored by Sound Performance, so Im pretty sure most parts are given to him. Not positive on that though.
TAX WRITE OFF:D :D :D

That is one bad ass Supra. Probably had to sell alot of dope to make that thing run like that.;) ;) ;) :eek: