Anyone know how to hook up a I-pod to A non- i-pod headunit?

bustedknuckle

I found an article a while back about hooking up a I-pod to A headunit that wasn't I-pod ready and now I can't find it? Any electrical gurus out there know a way to bypass without forking over another couple hundred bucks for an I-pod ready unit? Call me lazy but radio sucks and theres only a few good songs on a cd. Some cd's are an exception.

Thanks!

go to walmart and buy a mp3 fm converter. you plug it into cigarette lighter and plug the i pod in then put the selector to whatever channel then put that channel on your radio and wella the sound will come thru. they are 10.00 to 65.00

i got a fm transmitter for my girlfriends bug from overstock.com

works great, very easy to use

buickbert

I found an article a while back about hooking up a I-pod to A headunit that wasn't I-pod ready and now I can't find it? Any electrical gurus out there know a way to bypass without forking over another couple hundred bucks for an I-pod ready unit? Call me lazy but radio sucks and theres only a few good songs on a cd. Some cd's are an exception.

Thanks!

I just picked up a Ipod ready radio at bestbuy last night for 99$.

If your radio has a tape deck, I'm curious as to if one of those CD to cassette adapters would work? You know....it looks like a cassette and has a wire that comes out of it with what looks like a head phone jack on the end of it.

If your radio has a tape deck, I'm curious as to if one of those CD to cassette adapters would work? You know....it looks like a cassette and has a wire that comes out of it with what looks like a head phone jack on the end of it.

that will work but the sound quality wont be as good.

I have something Harmon Kardon makes for interfacing iPods with non iPod head units.. I forget what its called. Has its own screen for song selection, a remote, everything. Ill make you a heck of a deal on it if you want it. It works really well, I just dont need it any more.

Will do RF input or has its own built in FM transmitter

It's called a Drive and Play.. sometimes.. they are on on sale for less than $30!

It's called a Drive and Play.. sometimes.. they are on on sale for less than $30!

That might be it.. seems like they changed them in the second version but I dont know the difference. I might as well throw mine away if theyre that cheap.