Anyone going to Barret-Jackson Scottsdale this week?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I had posted this on the TTA.com board, thought I would post it over here and see if any other Turbo Buick fans were going by chance.
I will be there Thursday through Saturday with 5 other of my Turbo Buick or former Turbo Buick buds, just looking and having some cold suds!
There is a GNX with only a few hundred miles on it, lot#1281 on Saturday, the last one at West Palm with a few more miles than this one went for a record $165k.

A GN or 2 earlier in the week.

A 7 mile 10th Annv TA, lot# 763.1 on Thursday, original owner is selling!

400 mile Cyclone, lot#952 on Friday.

I went to BJ in Las Vegas back in September, it was an absolute blast. I wasn't there bidding either it was just the wife and I but it was a lot of fun. If you've never been to one before it is something else, plus being at their main HQ in scottsdale plus the 45year anniversary I'm sure this years auction will be epic. I wish I could've went to this one as well, have a good time!

I went to BJ in Las Vegas back in September, it was an absolute blast. I wasn't there bidding either it was just the wife and I but it was a lot of fun. If you've never been to one before it is something else, plus being at their main HQ in scottsdale plus the 45year anniversary I'm sure this years auction will be epic. I wish I could've went to this one as well, have a good time!

Someday I'd like to make it out there to Scottsdale to see it in person . I went to the first on the East coast Mecum in Harrisburg , Pa 2 years ago , it was real good . This year Barrett is coming to Mohegan Sun in Ct , June 23-25th , that is less than an hour for me , so I will attend . The hotel is already sold out for this event !!!!

Someday I'd like to make it out there to Scottsdale to see it in person . I went to the first on the East coast Mecum in Harrisburg , Pa 2 years ago , it was real good . This year Barrett is coming to Mohegan Sun in Ct , June 23-25th , that is less than an hour for me , so I will attend . The hotel is already sold out for this event !!!!

Oh yeah they announced that auction at Las Vegas, you'll have a great time! Buy me something nice! (y)

I probably will not be going, but I do have some passes if you would like to have them.

Hey Thanks Nick, but I think everyone in my group has already purchased advance tickets. I went last year and the Ron Pratt collection was unbelievable, I hope this year is just as fun. There are several incredible smaller entire collections being sold this year. Possibly the most cars for any BJ event to be sold. An entire collection of every year GTO. Also a '55, '56' and '57 Vette all 3 sold as a package deal and all 3 are VIN#1 ! Farah Fawcett's corvette that George Barris built for her. I'm sure between all of us we will probably spend more in beer than some of the cars sell for lol!

I promised I'd take my son this year. Since we have a crazy schedule all weekend I'm pulling my son out of school this Friday and will be taking him and my wife this Friday. Luckily this Friday is "spirit day" at school and nothing academic is going on. I still need to go and buy tickets. Haven't even looked into that yet lol. Maybe I'll see you there Rob. I ran into you last year.

Ah cool Mike, hope to see ya again!

Anybody see Chris Jacobs talking about the GN at about 40 mins from the end of Tuesday's broadcast under the tent? He says it is one of his favorite cars of all time! Check it out if you have it DVR'd.

Ah cool Mike, hope to see ya again!

Anybody see Chris Jacobs talking about the GN at about 40 mins from the end of Tuesday's broadcast under the tent? He says it is one of his favorite cars of all time! Check it out if you have it DVR'd.

Yea Chris Jacobs has always liked the TurboBuicks, last year at the Las Vegas auction he was all over the GNX that was there for sale.

$25k for that GN he profiled is impressive, one thing I noticed was it was missing the hood emblems? But still a real nice car, I also noticed it still has the factory all black Powermaster accumulator ball, you don't see those hardly ever now.

I didn't find the GN, I guess it must have been hauled away already, I think if you don't ship it through the carriers used by BJ, then the cars are taken out early. Yes, it was missing the hood emblems.
I was able to make it up on stage during the sale of the 8 mile !0th Annivery Trans Am that sold for $170k, that was crazy!
The 300 mile GNX that was there had a few things wrong with it that hurt it's value I think, sold for $120k. The AC had been converted to 134 for some reason and the cowl plate below the windshield had been painted glossy black and had runs in it. Bumpers fillers were the normal dulled color also so it had not been kept in a climate controlled area.