anyone going 11:50 or better with a pte-51 turbo?

do you believe the 51 turbo will go tens

• no possible way turbo is too small

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • it would go 10's if in the truck of a 10 second car

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • it flows enough air but is not durable enough

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • yes im pretty sure it will without problems

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
before you'll think something ..i deleted the other thread because it was headed the wrong way

the info i want to know is anyone going faster than 11:50 with a pte-51 turbo?

it is claimed to be good to 585 hp and high tens so i just want to know have you been able to get it to do so.

lets keep it clean this time..;)

bump so i can keep up with it to check the poll..

put my stock 103,*** mile turbo back on my car last night...its kinda funny im use to this big whoosh when i let out now its sad sounding..:D

9-11 converter and stock turbo on built motor = insta spool

RED> I went 7.62@92 in 8th.never been 1/4 with it..suppose a low 12..Im running 21-22lbs of boost..was hoping to have more in it..
Any reason you took the bold red saying 4 turbos gone bad off your sig ?
Brian

I've trapped 94 in the 1/8 with a stock d-5 unlocked and my 51. Car weighs 3825 with me in it. I have no 1/4 times tho. I've got about 15k on this turbo and she's still holding together. (knock on wood). I've been running 26 psi on the street for several months now with my alky kit. I pulled the turbo off two weeks ago and inspected it. Shaft was still good and tight, no in/our or up/down play. Blades still looked new on both ends. All this talk about the 51's self destructing is starting to freak me out.

Originally posted by national
RED> I went 7.62@92 in 8th.never been 1/4 with it..suppose a low 12..Im running 21-22lbs of boost..was hoping to have more in it..
Any reason you took the bold red saying 4 turbos gone bad off your sig ?
Brian

there are other threads up now about it steve wood has one up giving his oppinion and Quick WE4 has one up about people getting slamed on for having posted negative feedback on this board..

i removed that from my sig and i deleted the thread i had going about then..you can go to steves thread and see the link to the pics i have up of some damage i got..the pic of the one assembled is not the same one i took shots of that is out of the turbo. but you can see the breaks in the same place.

im done with this for now i put up the pics now its up to you guys to deside whether or not you will pull yours off and inspect for cracks ..you will not see them with the ext. housing on it untill the blade is already broke

Since PTE came up with their new turbo size numbering system, I really dont know how big a PT-51 turbo is.

Everyone knows just how big a TE-44, TE-60, TE-63 or a TE-70 is.

What is a PTE51,PTE54 etc? Maybe i am not understanding the new system, if so someone please inlighten me. It just seems that they could have come up with a system that actually meant something.

The 51 is a little bigger than the 49/44. The 54 is around the size of a 63. I know a guy running 11.0 in a 4000lb gn with a 52. Thats about all I can say about the smaller 50s.

Originally posted by Race Jace
Since PTE came up with their new turbo size numbering system, I really dont know how big a PT-51 turbo is.

Everyone knows just how big a TE-44, TE-60, TE-63 or a TE-70 is.

What is a PTE51?

Its my understanding that a TE51 is a TE44 compressor with a "new design" turbine wheel and a PTE exhaust housing. A TA51 would be the same but with a stock appearing TA49 compressor/housing. The "P" just signifies Precision Turbo & Engine.

I ran 11.41 with a PT-51 on 5 cylinders. When I got home a compression check verified a blown head gasket. 0 psi. in one cylinder. Ive since upgraded to a 54 and ran 10.90's

can you email me about how many times it acually did it and why is it not on the car now? after all your running 10:90's and the 51 is suppose to do that.

also what mph your car runs since et is traction and mph is hp.

I ran the 51 for a summer and it went 11.30 @ 118 and 11.40s and 50s all season The best time was with a bad compressor wheel. I lost a maf screen retainer and the turbo ate the retainer and screen. The turbine side looked great though. This was one of the first 51s pte did. I dont know if that makes a difference

Originally posted by turbolimited
I've trapped 94 in the 1/8 with a stock d-5 unlocked and my 51. Car weighs 3825 with me in it. I have no 1/4 times tho. I've got about 15k on this turbo and she's still holding together. (knock on wood). I've been running 26 psi on the street for several months now with my alky kit. I pulled the turbo off two weeks ago and inspected it. Shaft was still good and tight, no in/our or up/down play. Blades still looked new on both ends. All this talk about the 51's self destructing is starting to freak me out.

Your car weighs about 3825 pounds and has a trap speed at the end of the 1/8 mile of 94 m.p.h. . That calculates to approximately 431.44 HP at the wheels, and about 526.15 HP at the flywheel.

not bad..;)

Originally posted by 1320n10
I ran the 51 for a summer and it went 11.30 @ 118 and 11.40s and 50s all season The best time was with a bad compressor wheel. I lost a maf screen retainer and the turbo ate the retainer and screen. The turbine side looked great though. This was one of the first 51s pte did. I dont know if that makes a difference

Your car weighs about 3700 pounds and has a trap speed at the end of the 1/4 mile of 118 m.p.h. . That calculates to approximately 412.79 HP at the wheels, and about 503.40 HP at the flywheel.

ok not bad either..;)

guessed on the weight since thats what mine weighs with me in it