Anybody have an opinion on Charged Air Systems radiators?

Jim85IROC

My IROC's radiator committed suicide on Friday, and I'm having a tough time finding a replacement. Be Cool stuff is too expensive and the Griffin requires major mods to fit. Somebody suggested a Charged Air unit. I can't find f-body guys that are running one, but they seem to have a larger buick presence, so I wanted to see if anybody here had an opinion on their quality.

Here's the one that I'm looking at:
http://www.chargedair.com/xc/customer/product.php?productid=23&cat=12&page=1

My car never ran hot with the stock radiator, but I haven't had air installed since putting in my 350. I figured that I might as well take this opportunity to upgrade, but before I buy from an unknown company, I'm hoping to get opinions. Thanks.

Jim
I use there V4 intercooler and it works great.I have not used one of there radiator's so I can not help you there.Maybe someone else has!:cool:

Iceman, how long did it take you to get the intercooler? About the only information that I've been able to get (and I've heard it from a couple people) is that they are unbelievably slow. I've heard that people had to wait for months to get a product that was advertised as in stock. How was your buying experience?

I have heard that if you order through one of the vendors that carry CAS products, you can get them faster...But have never tried...

I bought mine from Cotton's Performance (Jack Cotton) and he had it in stock.Took about a week to get it.That was about 2 years ago.:cool:

I'd take a look at Holm's Radiator (do a search for contact info). I have two friends that have then in their cars, and they run very cool. I think it's about $200 with your old one as a core.

-Banning.

I live near Chicago and tried calling and emailing Tony several times - never a reply. So I went with a Holms replacement. If you need it within the next year or so, get it somewhere else.

Originally posted by Jim85IROC
My IROC's radiator committed suicide on Friday, and I'm having a tough time finding a replacement........
My car never ran hot with the stock radiator, but I haven't had air installed since putting in my 350. I figured that I might as well take this opportunity to upgrade, but before I buy from an unknown company, I'm hoping to get opinions. Thanks.

We have done F-body replacements with our 3-row, high effiency core and they work great. Contact me direct with your requirements if interested. Normal ship time is 2 days after receipt of order.

CAS Can't Accomplish Sheet

I wouln't buy anything from cas as I have been waiting one full year for an intercooler :mad: On the flipside I would go with the above suggestion as customer service is worth paying for! New intercoolers ( different manifacturer) are on the way HOOOOORRRAAY !

Does the Holm's have the built in coolers? Are they better than stock? Is there a part number for T-R's? Should I ask another question?:confused: :confused: :confused: