Anybody build a double pumper?

Here is what it looks like

Attachments

• Stainless double pumper Lydon Mechanical.jpg
    Stainless double pumper Lydon Mechanical.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 393
I silver soldered this Y to my stainless sender

Silver solder will work on the new Delphi SS senders but would be a problem on the older factory senders. The factory sender tubes are soldered into the top plate using normal tin/lead solder which has a much lower melting temperature than silver solder. Silver solder requires brazing temperatures.

Silver solder will work on the new Delphi SS senders but would be a problem on the older factory senders. The factory sender tubes are soldered into the top plate using normal tin/lead solder which has a much lower melting temperature than silver solder. Silver solder requires brazing temperatures.

yep:biggrin: All stainless here

We have had many problems with both ATR and Quad Air double pump units.

The electrical harness, wiring and the method Racetronics uses is far superior, and much more reliable than either of the other 2 units.

Having come close to "grenading" a couple GN engines when one pump fails when you need them both, make reliability and quality much more important than a small difference in price.

We will NOT install a factory modified double pump unit unless we re-wire it.

We want to provide our customers with the best product available, and will NOT compromise quality, especially on a fuel system. :)

I want to add another comment, whether we use the Racetronics harness or any other harness.

To insure pump operation is optimized, we run a #8 ground wire from the battery to connect to the pump ground wires instead of the ground wires going to the fuel tank strap or frame.

Contrary to popular belief, the steel frame is a very poor conductor and is not well connected to the battery, and like I stated above, we will NOT compromise quality by using a questionable ground that could cause issues. :eek:

I want to add another comment, whether we use the Racetronics harness or any other harness.

To insure pump operation is optimized, we run a #8 ground wire from the battery to connect to the pump ground wires instead of the ground wires going to the fuel tank strap or frame.

Contrary to popular belief, the steel frame is a very poor conductor and is not well connected to the battery, and like I stated above, we will NOT compromise quality by using a questionable ground that could cause issues. :eek:

Great information, thanks Nick!

:cool: You know your stuff, but there are about three ways off the top of my head to get around, etc. the tin/lead solder melting issue.

:cool: You know your stuff, but there are about three ways off the top of my head to get around, etc. the tin/lead solder melting issue.

When brazing SS we generally use solder with 45% Ag which has a melting temp. of apx. 1275F. Perhaps you are thinking of something softer with less silver content?

Racetronix's has an up to date product plus he also is a long time supporter of this board...

Our group is getting smaller, it is nice to stand with the guys that help keep us going:wink:

THANKS JACK!

Racetronix's has an up to date product plus he also is a long time supporter of this board...

Our group is getting smaller, it is nice to stand with the guys that help keep us going:wink:

THANKS JACK!

Bingo we have a winner:rolleyes: best advice ever:wink:.Oh and thanks Nick for the wireing lesson:biggrin:

Kevin

We have had many problems with both ATR and Quad Air double pump units.

The electrical harness, wiring and the method Racetronics uses is far superior, and much more reliable than either of the other 2 units.

Having come close to "grenading" a couple GN engines when one pump fails when you need them both, make reliability and quality much more important than a small difference in price.

We will NOT install a factory modified double pump unit unless we re-wire it.

We want to provide our customers with the best product available, and will NOT compromise quality, especially on a fuel system. :)

I was lucky & Jack made mine all up when I was with him a few hours one day.
As for grounds, my car has more grounds than I have teeth when all added up! ;)
PS: I'm only missing 1 tooth!

Billet CNC Pump Couplers in stock:

Discounted price when bundled with our Double Pump Kit:

Racetronix

I think the ATR coupler used the same factory o-rings/seals as the OEM setup.
Does your coupler use the same o-rings as the ATR just in case someone wants to renew their old ATR o-rings? If so what would your part number be for the o-rings?
If you don't offer these o-rings by themselves does GM still carry them? Thanks

I think the ATR coupler used the same factory o-rings/seals as the OEM setup.
Does your coupler use the same o-rings as the ATR just in case someone wants to renew their old ATR o-rings? If so what would your part number be for the o-rings?
If you don't offer these o-rings by themselves does GM still carry them? Thanks

The ATR unit used molded silicon pucks from the factory pulsator dampener. The coupler we have uses o-rings. Not the same.

The ATR unit used molded silicon pucks from the factory pulsator dampener. The coupler we have uses o-rings. Not the same.

That's what mine used & it looked like this fitting or quite similar but Blue. I wish I could remember the guy who had about 30 of them & I sold a bunch for him. At the time many people had old pulsators laying around & you needed 3 seals so 1 1/2 pulsators.
GM has them but about $25 each now if not out of stock but Racetronix version would be very, very similar. Some even added clips to hold the seals in place but I think it's overkill. I just had them here & used them.