Another SIMMONS wheel group purchase

I thought I'd start another thread on this since the previous thread is getting cumbersome to wade through for info on a GP - although the tech info is great. Lets continue the tech stuff.

There seems to be interest in another group purchase. Since the process is "perfected", I can serve as the point man again. If not - no problem.

The foundation for the 19x9 and 19x11's are my previous set of 18x8.5 and 18x9.5's. I've driven the car hard and have come to the conclusion that the wheels/tires can "grow" a little more. Thus the new "more better" 19's.

The car has KYB shocks and flawed Suspension Technique springs. I say flawed because these started sagging prematurely and arrived at the current height - which promotes a mean stance. The ride is firm and steering is responsive.

Chance & RUQWKNF27 - pics sent via email.

hi

Do you have flares for those 19x11's seems like they would hang out past the fender lip a lil.. What tire would you run a 325-35-19 or like a 305-40-19.
Send pics to autertidmore@aol.com.

For now I plan on trimming or rolling that portion of the lip which can accomodate wheel/tire travel. I plan on flares very soon as I already have them but need to prep/paint.

As far as tires, I'd opt for the 305's as the sidewall is in the same plane as the outer lip of the rims. This tire is 12" wide as well as the rim (lip to lip). A 325 will have a bowed profile taking away from cornering and "spirited" commutes to work.

I'll resend pics as the first attempt failed.

Put me down for a set of either 18 or 19's, do know which ones I want to go with yet though.
Chance

If those prices in the previous GP are correct for OM's, thats a bargain!! I just paid $3,200 for a set of 4 17x9 front and 17x11 rear a few weeks ago.....wished I would have known!

CHanceG - go to wwwsimmonswheel.com.au and review the styles. Think about style, size (front and rears), spoke color, tires and front/rear brake/suspension mods.

We need a minimum of 5 orders to get a discount on the wheels.

I already know what I want, as far as wheel options, Simmon OM series, just trying to decide about 18 or 19?? Does anybody know the max width wheel for front and rear with out rubbing??
Chance

Please email photos wheels

I am also interested in the Simmons Group purchase
17x8.5 245-45/17 4.4"BS Nitto 555
17x9.5 285-40/17 4.7"BS Nitto 555
Black Center polished lip
OM series

Sideolier,
Please send photos of your set-up
xdt@earthlink.net

Thanks

Please email photos again

FBSideoiler please send photos again, they should come thru this time

Thanks

I think I would like to get in on this but have a couple of questions. I would probably like to go with the 18's but want to go as wide as I can on the rear since my frame is notched, just don't know how wide? :confused:

GN231 - pics sent.
JAS - send me your email for pics. I may have a turbo for you.
STREET T - Simmons makes 19 x 12's (13" overall width). Notched frame? No problem with the right offset.

The Original Simmons Display Vehicle. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 86GrandN14.jpg
    86GrandN14.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 820
God I love that car. Best looking GN out there! Modeling mine something close to that one. That reminds me.. time to call Baer and order the rear discs...