Another car that needs an L67

Brad Zeidler

I remember seeing this car a quite a while ago asking $6K. He's down to just $1K. I would if I didn't already have enough. It's black, 4 speed, V6 and it looks really decent. Since it needs the alternator and A/C repaired you might as well "repair" it with a nice powerplant, haha. I'd also install a 6 speed manual from a G6 GTP. I've found a place that has new never installed ones for $550 and they can handle the horses from an L67. 1984 Oldsmobile Omega Brougham, $1,000 - Cars.com

Brad , what would you do about a flexplate for it with that 6 speed ?

no l67 came stick and the 3800 rwd cars had different balance due to the different rods/pistons is my understanding based on every thread where the roadblock is flexplate and leads people to go the automatic route instead

I have a friend looking to do an L67 in an s10 that really wants to do stick and every time you search s10 l67 you come up with this same discussion about how to achieve a proper balance with a stick

I'm researching that right now. V8archies.com has the adapter necessary to install this trans into other vehicles/engines since this is for transverse mounting like the Fiero which is a lot of there business. They have complete kits and basic kits for installing the 6 speed into a car. grandamgt.com has someone that did a great writeup on it when he installed it into a 3400 Grand Am GT. At least the 6 speed can handle some hp unlike the 4T65E's which eventually do crap out. The same can be said for the Getrag 5 speeds, they can only take so much too. As far as a manual flywheel for the L67, the flywheel from a 3800 Camaro bolts on. I don't have any problems with vibration/balance issues in my Shelby that I have it in.

I'm researching that right now. V8archies.com has the adapter necessary to install this trans into other vehicles/engines since this is for transverse mounting like the Fiero which is a lot of there business. They have complete kits and basic kits for installing the 6 speed into a car. grandamgt.com has someone that did a great writeup on it when he installed it into a 3400 Grand Am GT. At least the 6 speed can handle some hp unlike the 4T65E's which eventually do crap out. The same can be said for the Getrag 5 speeds, they can only take so much too. As far as a manual flywheel for the L67, the flywheel from a 3800 Camaro bolts on. I don't have any problems with vibration/balance issues in my Shelby that I have it in.

are you top swapped ? l36(NA) short block with L67 (SC) heads upward ? or is it working ok on an L67 (SC) long block ?