alot of talk about CKPerformance...

ste

this is my first message posted on this site.the site is great - it has an enormous amount of info on turbo cars and their inner workings. one of those items concerns the tranny. last nite i was at chris's house(CK Performance) celebrating christmas eve dinner, as i am basically best friends with him for years. we put together 12 thru 9 seconds cars together. he showed me this site for the first time and i was amazed at the amount of replies he received from certain registered users that happen to work at a certain shop and also run a certain site. tell me something ... why put down someones advise and business advertising because it might take the illumination off of you? if you read the agreement statements, as i had to do to register, it states that the views represent those of the messenger, not the SITE? let it ride and dont knock it.......and if you are gonna ram your advertising down everybodys throats, at least get a car with a respectable timeslip and bad enuff H.P. to put some abuse thru that unit you are pushin!!! remember CK stands for Chris K..... not C**k Knocker.........

Uh oh...

I hope this isn't the start of some east coast - west coast stuff like the Notorious BIG and Tupac Shakur back in the day.....:rolleyes: :eek: :D

I would like to know...

Who was it that put down CK for any reason and exactly what panning are you refering to? I don't recall seeing anything of this nature. Please fill me in.

WE4
Bruce

?!?!?!

I'm on this board practically every day, and I've never even HEARD of CKPerformance.

I don't know Bruce personally, but on this board, he is one of the most straight forward - No B.S. guys around.

If you came on here to start something, at least be man enough to state what the problem is.

So far....I'm not too impressed with CKPerformance. Care to change my mind?

John

nothing was stated in a negative way against bruce toelle.and no one is trying yo twistr your arm to buy my products .you havent done anything to impress me either ,so is that a reason for us to cut throats?and in reference to allthe emails about me copying his drum and buying one from him and the brake call scott mclay and ask him who purchased a drum from him a few years ago and now sells it as his own.661 822 8209 .

Alright this is not gonna work. I went back and looked up Chrises name and I found not one post that had any smack talking or anything in it. I did however see that he seems to be a nice helpful guy, and you coming in here to start stuff, is not gonna help his name at all. I saw his web site and it looks like he knows what he is doing. There is no need to start stuff on here, there are plenty of questions to go around and the more help the better. So this cheese that you refer to is pretty rotten unless you can prove otherwise. Bruce is a great guy to deal with that knows what he is talking about, and I know for a fact that he has always looked out for others before himself on this board, and that includes telling other board members of reputable tranny shops near them, and not just his own. Chris seems like he could become a pretty helpful regular board member, if there is gonna be a rivalry then let it be a friendly one.:D

Originally posted by ste
its funny how when you set the cheese, the mice come runnin.....

Looks like you're the only thing around here that smells like cheese.

Only two posts to your name and both negative.

You must be a lonley fella with that attitude.

My search turned up nothing as far as negative comments about CK, until I got to this one.

ste, you will harm CK's rep with your attitudes and actions here so, If CK trans is your friend, or whatever the case, help him by not posting.

Well back to lurking!

chris718,

I assume you are the Chris K the above posts refer to (CKPerformance)....

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I realize that you didn't make the original post. "ste" did, but can you really say that the two "ste" posts above don't have any negative references.

That's my beef. I don't know you and I don't know Bruce. Shouldn't this be handled with a personal e-mail?

BTW....I still don't understand what the problem is. It seems to me that the only one cutting throats is "ste".

John

i hope i can continue to supply you with the tech i learned the hard way. if i can be of any help just send an email. im not here to offend anyone i am donating my spare time to give the board some information on the2004r that i hope all will find useful. i enjoy doing it as i learned from others who gave me without reserve. ckperformance.com merry christmas

Hrmmm

As far as biased with us, Who do you think brought Janis, Kurtz, Bowler trans, and others to this board? I look for talented shops to help us to grow and invite them to come on and help.
As far as Emails to Chris, Whoever is sending them , even tho you think you are "helping" me, PLEASE, PLEASE, STOP! That is just so uncool and I would be pissed too!!!

Chris has hours and hours of time and money invested and that SHOULD NEVER BE TAKEN FROM ANYONE!!!! It is hard enough to find people who are both smart enough and willing to donate time and money thereof. He has PAID his dues in both arenas. He , has his own design and has talent and info to share. Lets never overlook this. As far as me and McClays deal, that is crap. Yes I did purchase stuff years ago, like 6 years ago , but it was flawed in many ways and we broke them. We set out to build the best that could ever be made and accomplished that feat. I took nothing from him. As for Chris , he took nothing from me. So that is a moot point. I will not allow this to become a crap throwing fest. Chris and I get along so STE has no right trying to initiate a war. There is no war to fight. I am not interested and do not have the time or desire to begin one. I will say that I have earned what I do here and like Janis, Kurtz, Bowler, WE are a PAYING advertiser. All I asked of Chris was that if he wanted to reccommend and advertise on the board he pays his fees accordingly, just as the others have. To date, TB.com has not recieved one dime from CK Performance. That is my only concern. Answering tech questions is fabulous, but to advertise a site and sell is another. All I ask is Chris follows suit as the others have. Competition in a market place is GOOD for the whole big picture but everyone should be equal and by contributiing to TB.com for advertising is the way.

Back to this email thing.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT email Chris to demean him. There is nothing to demean and if I were him , I would be upset too.
He has earned what he has done and I for one, admire him for it.:D

So enough of this bullshiit and lets roll!
Chris will patronize TB.com and help out tech and our happy family will continue. If not, I WILL BACK OUT!. I got wayy to much happening right now to play games.

"Chris, to you personally", I was unaware that this email thing was happening and I am sorry that you had to endure that. That is crap and hopefully that will stop. It had better. But like we discussed on the phone, you need to do your part too. All I ask is you take care of your ad obligation. That is it. " WE4"

So if there are any more concerns , THAT CAN BE HANDLED in a conversation, nice manner, please elaborate on them and I will reply. Remember, a discussion does not have to be nasty , it can be healthy if done with couth and respect, which I am ALL for!!
I feel I built what we have here in this forum from scratch a couple of years ago and lead it to be one of , if not the best, on the internet for our trans. Please, please lets keep up that reputation and continue to grow, not fight amongst ourselves. I KNOW I HAVE sent people to CK on more than one occassion. Why would I do that if I was trying to undermine him?

STE, I dont know you, but I think you have the wrong impression of me from the get go. I am a very approachable guy and try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I built this forum on this site and THAT, STE you HAVE to recognize. You are here because of the traffic that is here and the market that is here. No matter how you slice it I am responsible for this and it should never be forgotten. It is called plain old RESPECT!. Learn it. It will help you in all aspects of life. :D

PS: Chris, I love ya man, but you need to either get a better greek to english spelling dictionary or learn how to use spell check. ROLFMAO! :p Chris to you and your family, Merry Christmas. and a Happy New Year.

Bruce
WE4

we4 i never started a war between anyone. i never mentioned any names, companys, or email address. i made it a point not to do that just as your previos reply gets into. it was my personal feeling. like in my first response, i said that i waited until the next day to write it. as for okturbo - what throat did i cut? i have the highest regards for the site and everything in it. and ill repeat it again-- i didnt talk sh*t about anyones work or skills. so are u any better for what u said? whats the matter, u cant read constructive critisim about someone u might or might not know?

ste

"What throat did i cut?" (BTW these were Chris's words not mine...)

I'd have to say your own. Your first post here and you say these things. I don't have to quote you, because it's all at the top of this page. We all know who you're talking about (Bruce)...even if you don't mention any names specifically.

I'm a nobody here. Just a guy with a Grand National who might buy some parts. You're good friends with Chris....that's fine with me. I think you should have given Bruce an opportunity to set it straight before you post something on here for everyone to see.

I think you'll find that Bruce is very straight forward with his dealings. (notice his last post above)

As a member of this board it wears me down to see posts like this. The "pissing match" posts like this one seem to be happening a lot more now that they used to.

I'm not trying to argue with you. There are two sides to every story. I just think things should be handled differently.

I'm done....now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

John

Originally posted by ste
he showed me this site for the first time and i was amazed at the amount of replies he received from certain registered users that happen to work at a certain shop and also run a certain site. tell me something ... why put down someones advise and business advertising because it might take the illumination off of you?

I would be interested in seeing what post(s) you are referring to.

From the sounds of it Bruce and Chris have no problems with each other...what's your deal?

I've was quite impressed that Chris was willing to GIVE someone from this board his shift kit so that person could report the results. Good way to get people into a company they might not be familiar with...or that others on this board may have never dealt with. Seems like a good guy to me.

Originally posted by ste
.......and if you are gonna ram your advertising down everybodys throats, at least get a car with a respectable timeslip and bad enuff H.P. to put some abuse thru that unit you are pushin!!! remember CK stands for Chris K..... not C**k Knocker.........

I just have to say that if this is referance to me..... for one I'm not Bruce and don't pretend to be him or to know what he knows, I'm just someone on here that has been trying to help others with there probs, and sorry that I don't have the nicest or fastest car on the planet, I didn't know that was a qualifaction to help others, and it's not like I just started yesturday I have been on here helping for a while.
If this was aimed at me I do feel that in your own words...

Originally posted by ste
......."i didnt talk sh*t about anyones work or skills.".........

that you were, 'cuz I built my trans not Bruce, and if you check my post I don't knock or blast anybody and appreciate anybody that wants to lend a hand here to help with tech. I don't know Chris or his stuff and I do know Bruce and his that is why I promote them and I have no doubt Chris is knowledgable about what he does.

STE, I suggest maybe you get all the facts before you come here and blast others, we "ALL" try and get along here like one happy family.

I just can't help but feel I was targeted here and had to add my .02

I have to back up Mark, cuz he's the only one that wanted to take the time to answer what was possibly a dumb question of mine.

Thanks again Mark for your help...

Chevytown