Almost Got Scammed Be Careful!!!!!!!!!

Bro this guy has lied on top of lies on top of lies. You think Jack Cotton wants something to do with this rust bucket?

Glad you were able to save yourself. I burned myself by buying a car sight unseen, and it was from a moderator on this site no less. My "Show Quality" and "no rust" , " no leaks" GN, has rust, leaks plenty of oil, and couldn't win a car show in Cuba. Even though I contacted other members about this clown's reputation and they were satisfied with their own experiences with him, I got smoked. It was only after the fact that I learned of someone who was not happy with there purchase and put it up for sale very shortly after buying it. Don't ever buy without looking!

list

one great magazine editor and buick maestro mr.richard lasseter (gsxtra)usually to protect his readers and buick fellows he posts the names and aliases of all *******-clowns that have done scams :-name and phone number and adress prefferably ..:cool:

My price range is 10-12.5. This guy had con down to a science.

Sounds like it !
You should be good to go at that price range.
Good luck theres one with your name on it, now you just have to find it.
I looked about a year before pulling the trigger on one.
Steve

Probably owes Jack money, that's why Jack might be interested in it. When i saw it the paint wasn't that bad. I didn't look close for rust but figured any car from around here got some but that's bad. I knew it wasn't running great but that's not always something major, plenty of cars have a few minor issues that prevent it from running correctly. Often the owner doesn't know much about them and doesn't know how to find out what it takes to make them run. If Bill had problems with it then it is definately something not worth it. Too bad you didn't aske someone to look at it for you. There's plenty of guys around here that would have gone for a looksy.

That's

My price range is 10-12.5. This guy had con down to a science.

what you can expect, when you advertize what you have to spend...
The sting: "I have 10K to spend".
He says: "I have just what U R looking for, "only $10,500".
His car is really that 5K turd. He tries to get all the cash U announce you have.
Similar to telling the body/paint guy you have $5K to spend.. Do you think that paint job quote will be $3K??

Are you the guy that called me about a downpipe on Friday? Sorry to see how your deal ended up.

His car is really that 5K turd. He tries to get all the cash U announce you have.
Similar to telling the body/paint guy you have $5K to spend.. Do you think that paint job quote will be $3K??

Hey jackass. I went through a 26 week police academy. If I plan at looking at any vehicle I am going to purchase and the seller knows my price range so what. Alot of pompous jokers on here who think they are know it all's or Sherlock Holmes. Perhaps I'll give up my Sgt. stripes and you can start doing gang investigations since you are brilliant in investigation. I'll mention you to my Lt. at lineup tomm. and say we have a super sleuth on Turbobuick.com

I post about an ******* scamming people and I get people with nothing but criticism. Ever thought how unhappy I already am with myself?? What is wrong with some of you??

I really do try to stay out of this stuff, but you are treating some of these people on this board like a bunch of criminals. They all didn't scam you, so maybe you should try holding the sharp tongue a little bit and showing a little bit of gratitude and humility.
The only thing that I have seen on this board ( with the exception of one, the seller) is people that are sympathetic with you, and trying to help you.
First, you went off on the guy that said something about "impulse buying", and now this. You don't do the law enforcement profession any favors by your name calling and rants.
Maybe you should just take a few deep breaths before the name calling begins. How would you like it if, while expressing your opinion and maybe offering a little bit of good-intentioned advice, somebody called you a jackass?
I imagine this will earn me a tongue-lashing from you, but I have a feeling I can take it. 99.9% of the people on this board are not felons or gang-bangers, so don't treat them like it.

The scams are not limited to only buicks

Having just sold my WE4, and having a deal fall apart of an old alfa I thought I go back to a Maserati, Drove 2 1/2 today each way to look at an 2006 coupe. 1st question I asked the guy on the phone was "Is the red service transmission light on ?" I got the "Nope come on down the car is perfect" Get down, 1st thing I see is the lights on ( That's a $6500 clutch and f1 pump repair job) Was told with a straight face "sometimes it comes on" 5 wasted hours, and what a nightmare if it didn't come on during the test drive. The car is being sold "as is" I would be out $6500.... maybe its the times we live it.

I really do try to stay out of this stuff, but you are treating some of these people on this board like a bunch of criminals. They all didn't scam you, so maybe you should try holding the sharp tongue a little bit and showing a little bit of gratitude and humility.
The only thing that I have seen on this board ( with the exception of one, the seller) is people that are sympathetic with you, and trying to help you.
First, you went off on the guy that said something about "impulse buying", and now this. You don't do the law enforcement profession any favors by your name calling and rants.
Maybe you should just take a few deep breaths before the name calling begins. How would you like it if, while expressing your opinion and maybe offering a little bit of good-intentioned advice, somebody called you a jackass?
I imagine this will earn me a tongue-lashing from you, but I have a feeling I can take it. 99.9% of the people on this board are not felons or gang-bangers, so don't treat them like it.

x2..Let's just move along,you got F***ed,but came out ahead according to your response.Did the cool thing and told everyone about and what to look out for..good deal,thank you very much.This board has good people that has many times helped and guided many folks whom they never have and probably never will meet face to face,but none the less are here to give advice and experiences ..just chill and enjoy the ride

You know, this is something that's been bugging my for some time now. All of you guys keep putting up post's wanting to buy car's in a certain price range.

You NEVER do that. That's like going to a car dealer and telling them how much you have to spend. Of course they are going to try and get every bit out of you.

You guys should really stop putting up these post's and just do like me and sit back, check the for sale section everyday and do some reading. You'll find something.

I bet not one guy on here has bought a car the way ya'll are trying.

And about the Jack Cotton thing, you wrote that in your original post and it made no sense.

Hey jackass. I went through a 26 week police academy. If I plan at looking at any vehicle I am going to purchase and the seller knows my price range so what. Alot of pompous jokers on here who think they are know it all's or Sherlock Holmes. Perhaps I'll give up my Sgt. stripes and you can start doing gang investigations since you are brilliant in investigation. I'll mention you to my Lt. at lineup tomm. and say we have a super sleuth on Turbobuick.com

I post about an ******* scamming people and I get people with nothing but criticism. Ever thought how unhappy I already am with myself?? What is wrong with some of you??

Chuck. This is exactly the kind of thing I've been talking about the last few years on what's happening to the board with some of the newbies crawling out from under the rocks.
Granted, the Great majority of the new folks are great people just looking for help with their new projects.

But..... Every once in a while we are subjected to people like this guy. :rolleyes:
He does everything wrong, gets scammed doing it, suprise surprise, and then has the gall to bitch and belly ache at the folks here on the board that are trying to point out everything he did wrong, in hopes to help him not make the same mistakes again. Apparently this guy has no desire to learn from mistakes. Talk about giving the good people in law enforcement a black eye. What a tool.
I'm now convinced he got everything he deserved, and I doubt there'll be too many folks on here wanting to come forward with much help for him in the future.

Bigcap....U R a good example of an obvious shortage of police recruits, in your area. They take any a$$hole that has a pulse..
As for doing "gang investigations".. officers w/ your intelligence is exactly why gangs are flourishing...
Bottom line: Your mouth will eventually get you either fired, or a gang banger will cap your ass.

Go to Dunkin, and show off your sgt stripes...

Well, I think we can all agree that throwing all the money on the table is not the best way to deal. Unfortunatly this thread has taken a turn for the worst and looks like it's done.:(

What does your police credentials have to do with getting screwed when buying a car. Laying out all your money before buying a car is damn stupid because the seller will try to take it all. If you don't want to get screwed again, stop posting about how much you can spend and start looking at the classified ads and make offers on the cars you like...your lazy way of looking for a car is going to get you screwed again.

Having just sold my WE4, and having a deal fall apart of an old alfa I thought I go back to a Maserati, Drove 2 1/2 today each way to look at an 2006 coupe. 1st question I asked the guy on the phone was "Is the red service transmission light on ?" I got the "Nope come on down the car is perfect" Get down, 1st thing I see is the lights on ( That's a $6500 clutch and f1 pump repair job) Was told with a straight face "sometimes it comes on" 5 wasted hours, and what a nightmare if it didn't come on during the test drive. The car is being sold "as is" I would be out $6500.... maybe its the times we live it.

Totally off topic but I can't resist.

Oh god this is priceless. How hilarious is it that somebody completely wasted your time after the crap you pulled with your WE4!! Maybe there is something to this Karma stuff.....

Yup we finally AGREE Pronto & I.

Big Cap needs a nightcap & to chill. We appreciate the heads up man but you really need to arrest someone to get your aggresion over with. Man it is to be expected that you take some critisism when you post here.

I will make sure I bypass NJ this summer LOTAA hot heads down yonder.:rolleyes: