Almost Got Scammed Be Careful!!!!!!!!!

Thought you said New Hampshire was close enough to meet in the middle? Guess you decided against meeting up with the seller. Good think it worked out for you in the long run. Next time take the drive :D

Which is precisly why you always go look at a car before you buy it. Even if it means spending a few hundred dollars on a plane ticket.

I concur. I don't understand really why anyone would buy sight unseen. Especially in todays market where someone is willing to bondo up a rust bucket for a quick sale because they'd not be able to sell it otherwise.

Just because someone posted a fews of it doesn't mean the pics weren't doctored up. Let this be a lesson to you. In the future go look at the car and take a friend or two if you need to....preferbly someone who knows what to look for on the car you're wanting to purchase.

Now I have this PIECE of junk in my driveway and Ruddolph told me that Jack COTTEN is coming down to get this car because this car is so special.

Why is this so? I'm confused.

So the moral of the story is:
You get what you pay for!!!!
and
When it's too good to be true it probably is!!!
and
What comes around goes around!!!

I guess you shouldn't have bad mouthed my rust free car?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/286427-1986-t-type-rust-free.html
So what's happening with the deal you made? Are you getting your money back? Good luck on your search!

This must be one of the "cheap" t-types that he was talking about in your thread.

Sorry dude, that looks like a p.o.s. in the good pics.

Many better cars for sale in that range and without that hideous color combo.

I hate to say it but the ride from NJ to NH is maybe 4 to 7 hrs depending on where in NJ you are. Being cheap not to come up & spend the gas and a hotel for 1 night would have saved your stomach all the worry.

BTW there is not always a big issue with a slavage title. I am surprised New Hampshire doesn't have titles on cars older than 15 years??
???

You are exactly right !
I live outside of St Louis and flew to Raleigh N.C. when I bought my GN.
I told my wife, Im not spending that much money for some PICTURES on the internet.

It was well worth the flight tickets, the car had a couple minor issues that were not comunicated during the negotiations etc. but werent anything to be a deal breaker.
Actually the car was in better shape than came across on the photo's which were taken with a cheap camera.

Go look at the car, and dont just have it dropped shipped to your driveway.
Better than that, also take someone that KNOWS these cars.
They can cut through the BS real fast !

Steve

Which is precisly why you always go look at a car before you buy it. Even if it means spending a few hundred dollars on a plane ticket. Been there, done that. Never again. Atleast you can show it with that stellar paint job. Some people just need to be beat senseless.

yup !!!! I'd buy nothing just by pictures. hell back in the mid 70's I was flyin around lookin at cars!! Even low mile cars I wouldn't trust.. IF it looks good enuff to buy in pics I am flying down to make sure before I spend my $$$$. Oh one persons "mint" and another persons "mint" can vary :p
Oh I had asked for pics of the car. Was to ugly for me to proceed ;)

First and foremost I didn't pay anything up front except personal checks which are obviously canceled since the car is a rust bucket. Secondly someone is insulted that I said they were asking too much for their car so I deserve to have drug addict scammer rape me for cash? That's not KARMA that's I'm mad that I said you asked too much for your car. Wow I was trying to show people the car this guy is selling and the true condition it is in incase he tries to pop up under a different name and tries to sell it.

First and foremost I didn't pay anything up front except personal checks which are obviously canceled since the car is a rust bucket. Secondly someone is insulted that I said they were asking too much for their car so I deserve to have drug addict scammer rape me for cash? That's not KARMA that's I'm mad that I said you asked too much for your car. Wow I was trying to show people the car this guy is selling and the true condition it is in incase he tries to pop up under a different name and tries to sell it.

Hey BIGCAP
Im not gettin on your case at all.
Consider yourself lucky that you didnt get burned, and Im glad you didnt.

Take your time, you'll find one that is in good shape at a price that your willing to pay.

Personally for a GN I wouldnt look much under 10K, but there could be exceptions, and you may come across a really motivated seller.
Good luck with your hunt ! :smile:
Steve

I'm still amazed that people will still actually buy cars sight unseen. No, pictures are not "sight". They're just something to use as a baseline. I wouldn't (haven't) even sell a car without the buyer taking a look/ride.

One will always get what one deserves buying cars without any kind of an inspection. Go the extra mile, even if it means having somebody else look at the car for you.

Sorry all that happened, but as stated try to look at the car.Friend and I drove out to Long Island for mine,pretty good day trip back and forth but luckily the description and pics coincided and was what I expected.Good luck with your new search and there's always better fish out there.

Not to beat the horse. But there is a lot of very valuable resources on this board. Not just posters but members. Who would gladly get you a estimate/inspection before you drove or fly 1,000 miles to purchase.
I bought my GN in Detroit and I am in S. Il. I had a lot of recent info and visuals from 3rd. party. Before I flew ($189.00) to see and drive it. Bought it and drove home 8 hrs. on a perfect 75 degree day. There is always a way.
I wouldn't send anyone more than 10% to hold a car. If they will not, or are in too big of a hurry and you miss it . There will be more. Trust me.

Not to beat the horse. But there is a lot of very valuable resources on this board. Not just posters but members. Who would gladly get you a estimate/inspection before you drove or fly 1,000 miles to purchase.
I bought my GN in Detroit and I am in S. Il. I had a lot of recent info and visuals from 3rd. party. Before I flew ($189.00) to see and drive it. Bought it and drove home 8 hrs. on a perfect 75 degree day. There is always a way.
I wouldn't send anyone more than 10% to hold a car. If they will not, or are in too big of a hurry and you miss it . There will be more. Trust me.

rmar,

You are very right. I have inspected cars(and would continue to do so) for quite a few people here for cars from my area and have had several very nice folks look at cars for me to!

BREAKIN IT,

Sorry, but I think this quote from BIGCAP pretty much sums up the chances of him buying your car "My only prerequisite is NO WHITE CARS."