Alky Control Or E85?

HAHA!!!!!! Yeah we should start our own show on SPEED! It would be much better than PINKS! The drama never ends on TB.com but it's all in good fun and good information. I think it's already come to a point that 10x more people are using it. Essentially every fast turbo car around the Quad Cities that I can think of is running E85 already. One of my best friend has a mildly built Eagle Talon AWD. He dynoed 404 AWHP on E85!!! Thats impressive.:eek:

Surej will switch E85 when he finds out that it's the only way to make a stock short block run nines. ;)

honestly steve, i am open to e-85. in my limited experience, i havent had good luck.

Sorry Surej, just teasing. :biggrin:

I will definitely admit that using it on a mild stock car may be totally different than using it on something that's built.

When time and $ permit I will try it on my black car with 120's and Razor dual nozzle.

NOW WAY A MINUTE SUREJY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Driving range of E85, dude you never drive your car anyways????:confused: Many of us E85 guys drive our cars across the country on E85 and have done it multiple times. How many miles do you get on a tank? I get 250 on a tank in my 249ci car on E85. Austin gets 18mpgs on it.

2. Timing takin out? HUH????? What are you considering BIG timing? I thought we were running some pretty good numbers at 23 deg. But I will admit, you've been in the game longer than I have so I'm sure you've had some pretty good timing tables, but how many motors have you blown up again??????!!!!!!!!!!

3. I agree but that really doesnt pertain to E85 or Alky and E85 is good for street or strip

4. We've run E85 consistantly for 5 years without any equipment failures caused by E85, what exactly are you having fail??

5. E85 is also cost effective, hell it's $1 cheaper than 93 and doesnt need alky sprayed ontop of it.

6. Buy E85 by the barrel, well i guess that would eliminate "turbo nasty's" argument that it'll collect water inside a barrel at the gas station but I dont see why someone wouldnt just buy it at the pump on the way to the track, it's at almost every gas station now. Well I guess it is around here anyways!:biggrin:

7. Have you ridden in any E85 cars??????:confused: What are you cinsidering impressive? Are we going to start a grudge match on this thread? I'll run you as long as you are running 93 and alky without the other little "spray".

8. Not sure how dirty your intake gets but mine is still clean as a whistle!!!:biggrin:

this is a discussion for grown-ups jeremy. please go back to the video games.:wink:

1. i drive my car everyday in the summer.
2. how many motors have i blown up? interesting.
3.i have no idea what ur saying on this one. i dont drink beer at 7am
4. we are talking about buicks not farm equiptment
5.do u use the same volume?
6. turbo nasty is correct. that is why people buy it by the barrel. consistency.
7. there is no nitrous on my car. I wouldnt recommend grudge racing against me, you will get your feelings hurt.

but if you insist.

BRING YOUR CAR TO THE CHICAGO MEET THIS AUGUST AND RACE ME. i have no stipulations, your car againt mine.

...the excuses and backing out will start soon.

BRING YOUR CAR TO THE CHICAGO MEET THIS AUGUST AND RACE ME. i have no stipulations, your car againt mine.

Surej,

I will be happy to go out on a date with you, regrettably I cannot fit it into my schedule for August. However I will let you know ASAP when I'm available.

Sorry, can't speak for Jeremy.... :biggrin:

dammmm :biggrin: ok 2 questions .. would you use a front mount intercooler or a Stock Location intercooler (PTE) ?? How about the converter?? LU or NON LU?? :confused: :eek:

I like alky however why not do a 93/E85 mix?

10 gal of 93 with 3 gal of E85 nets ~ 95...that should be ok with a FM, 23 psi, and 24°. If not add more E85 and bump fuel.

Surej,

I will be happy to go out on a date with you, regrettably I cannot fit it into my schedule for August. However I will let you know ASAP when I'm available.

Sorry, can't speak for Jeremy.... :biggrin:

can i pick the movie steve?

dammmm :biggrin: ok 2 questions .. would you use a front mount intercooler or a Stock Location intercooler (PTE) ?? How about the converter?? LU or NON LU?? :confused: :eek:

i agree with you grumpy. both ways work, i guess its up to what you feel more comfortable with.

I'm kinda partial to my automatic switching dual fuel system I made for my car. It simply works.

Ya ya ya...alcohol provides cooling for better horsepower....well....all I have to do is turn the boost up on my C16 and now I've equaled my HP gain to your HP gain....now, how are alky guys gonna beat that when you can't turn yours up anymore due to detonation? :p

Or you just delete the intercooler from the combo competely like a few guys have already done! E85 and Razor alky kit!!!

this is a discussion for grown-ups jeremy. please go back to the video games.:wink:

1. i drive my car everyday in the summer.
2. how many motors have i blown up? interesting.
3.i have no idea what ur saying on this one. i dont drink beer at 7am
4. we are talking about buicks not farm equiptment
5.do u use the same volume?
6. turbo nasty is correct. that is why people buy it by the barrel. consistency.
7. there is no nitrous on my car. I wouldnt recommend grudge racing against me, you will get your feelings hurt.

but if you insist.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! I like the drinking beer thing at 7am but becuase I'm the TRUE BUICK ENTHUSIEST that I am, I'm actually at this year Buick club of America Meet with my Grandpa!

No Nitrous? What did you do with your set up? I also like th farm equipment comment but I'll explain sinceI know your a CITY BOY!!!! Tractors run on deisel!

Backing out?? Well I guess I'll have to agree since my car is down waiting on parts....YOU WIN!!!

I will have to say I met a 3 people here at this Buick Club meet today that are running Stage 2's on strictly E85. They all said they'd never go back to Alky kits.

On the other hand, their was a nice stock GN with just an alky kit, fuel pump chip and a downpipe as a mods and he said he loves it and it woke the car up tremendously. And he really didnt have to spend a whole bunch of money aside from the $600 you have to spend on the alky kit.

To me I'd rather spend $350 on a set of 120's, $200 on a modded ECM, and $75 for a chip on and run an E85 set up though. $25 difference from an alky kit.

I like alky however why not do a 93/E85 mix?

10 gal of 93 with 3 gal of E85 nets ~ 95...that should be ok with a FM, 23 psi, and 24°. If not add more E85 and bump fuel.

careful.. you need 1.5 times the E-85 to equal pump gas. So if you add e-85 mixed in, you'll have to up the delivery.. Ever heard the saying "No free lunch"

Proof is in the pudding. Fastest pump gas alky car is 9.6 143 on a full weight Buick. 30 PSI is no problem. Been there many times.

2nd screw on that Autometer 30 PSI guage.. thats where the fun is at :D

careful.. you need 1.5 times the E-85 to equal pump gas. So if you add e-85 mixed in, you'll have to up the delivery.. Ever heard the saying "No free lunch"

Proof is in the pudding. Fastest pump gas alky car is 9.6 143 on a full weight Buick. 30 PSI is no problem. Been there many times.

2nd screw on that Autometer 30 PSI guage.. thats where the fun is at :D

You've got E85 beat on that one becuase I think so far the fastest TurboBuick on E85 is Gabby's 9.98ET at 139MPH. I dont know the details but I beleive thats an iron headed car.

Give us guys some time, you've got quite a few years of tune time ahead of us E85 guys and I think we'll be seeing some very nice times once a few more get to the track.

I will have to say I met a 3 people here at this Buick Club meet today that are running Stage 2's on strictly E85. They all said they'd never go back to Alky kits.

On the other hand, their was a nice stock GN with just an alky kit, fuel pump chip and a downpipe as a mods and he said he loves it and it woke the car up tremendously. And he really didnt have to spend a whole bunch of money aside from the $600 you have to spend on the alky kit.

To me I'd rather spend $350 on a set of 120's, $200 on a modded ECM, and $75 for a chip on and run an E85 set up though. $25 difference from an alky kit.

so those stage 2s are running stock fuel lines to !!! Thats unbelievable :p

I'm kinda partial to my automatic switching dual fuel system I made for my car. It simply works.

Ya ya ya...alcohol provides cooling for better horsepower....well....all I have to do is turn the boost up on my C16 and now I've equaled my HP gain to your HP gain....now, how are alky guys gonna beat that when you can't turn yours up anymore due to detonation? :p

9.9s @ 138+ .. NO detonation in street trim .. small motor an turbo .. What are ya running with yours now ?? :confused:

Or you just delete the intercooler from the combo competely like a few guys have already done! E85 and Razor alky kit!!!

well I don't understand why he did that BUT to each their own :wink:.. I'd would like to see the RESULTS.. None of the woulda coulda shoulda's :p