alcohol injecton...which one works best?

I hear if you have a shurflo pump you don't even need the V6 anymore. :p

Maybe that's with some special controller, dunno. :eek:

Go read in the alky. section what happens if you don't pay the fees to be there, yep unbiased opinions and free discussion. :rolleyes:

Rumor has it there was an oldtimer once that actually raced the SMC kit and perhaps even the DIY setup made it to a track, but damm that was eons ago, you know before the cell phone age.

All those guys are probably dead now. :D

Never needed a cell phone to install much of anything on my car, even with Kenne Bell's bad zerox'd instructions. :cool:

Now, back to your regularly scheduled comedy channel.... :)

Razors...without a doubt.

So incredibly helpful, even when I didnt initially buy the kit and just asked questions.

For those who say 500$ is to expensive, I saw cars=money to begin with. And we all know Buick guys are cheap.

I would much rather have a professionally done, with warranty kit, than a DIY kit that I might messup on.

But thats just me, because I actually care if my engine explodes.

LMAO Your killing me Salvage V6. I keep wondering when they are gonna change the name of that forum.

"For those who say 500$ is to expensive" Your right.;)

So if you buy a banner on the board will the mod get off your back and let you discuss and share your product with the buick masses that frequent this board.

salvageV6 said:

hey you need a fast system to :D you can use all the $$$$ ya saved on the alky system :p ummmm you "needed" that converter to :D I know I know you only run 15#s of boost and thats all ya need :eek:

Razor's kit all the way :cool:

The thread in question seems to have disappeared.

Maybe Grumpy stole the letters trying to make a coherent post. ;)

That obviously didn't work. :p

I thought the guy did a pretty good job defending his system from various sheeple, seems the guest moderators took it as salesmanship.

Only the acting and I do believe acting is the proper word, moderators are allowed that within the alky. forum I guess.

Back to the regularly scheduled infomercial... :D

welllll ...everytime time Julio's name is brought up you start this crap so I figured I'd help you out . I know you love to spend $$$$ and go no where so I am trying to direct to to more "go fast" parts for your car :rolleyes: :p

oh ya Razor's kit is great !!! Great for dummie's like me who just want to throw it in an go :D

ALL the kits are good for that wouldn't you say?

Some don't take a lot of time to install, are very easy to tune with, and have good directions as well, no cell phones required. :rolleyes:

And don't forget to mention you SELL one type of kit, right Grumpy?

Which one is that by the way? :p

I think the "crap" is usually more evident in the alky. section than here in tech.

Well until the threads in question disappear anyways.... :eek:

Anyone can run anything they want in their cars but when they tell me one is better than the other, or there is only one way to do something, they should have at least a vaild reason, not a cell phone number and some snake oil. :p

Alkycontrol period.

Gn-ing said:
I'm leaning towards using alky injection as 110 octaine is 5.25 a gallon here...so..what works good..i've seen smc and a progessive kit....comments?

Alkycontrol all the way.

Seems like salvageV6 has a grudge with me. Dunno why.. never sold him a system or anything for the matter.

Matter of fact, why dont you .. salvageV6 .. email Bruce WE4 and ask him to be co-moderator on the injection forum.. that way you can give your time away for free which is what I do.

And... then start taking your car to the track.. and relating experiences as to what works best and why.. Didnt see you last month at Bowling Green racing your car.. what happened?

Nice that from behind a keyboard some are really gun ho and tough.. but when the chips get placed where they need to be.. nothing happens. Some I guess need some extra drama in their life.

Thanks guys for the support..

Razor why don't you just lock or delete my posts, nothing foreign to YOU. :p

8 passes to the 11's on a stock longblock car, not hundreds including replacing those pesky stock headgaskets. ;)

I don't have anything to SELL so I don't need to be a moderator here. :p

I think in this tech. and the alky. forum I've already posted what works and won't work equally as eloquently as others. Don't care if you believe me or not, much of what I've learned comes from LISTENING to OTHERS at ummm Buick events and on the internet and emails, like with your chip burning guys, you really should talk to them about what they accomplished years ago with the SMC kit. ;)

Both my cars have been to the track and run what they should with the mods. they have. I'm very happy sounds like you aren't. :cool:

Do I need a cell phone to be a moderator? :rolleyes:

Or just the delete button?

Giving your time away FREE, LOL, you into comedy now?

How about we make the Devils own kit guy the co-moderator maybe he has more to offer. LOL

salvageV6 said:
Razor why don't you just lock or delete my posts, nothing foreign to YOU. :p

Do I need a cell phone to be a moderator? :rolleyes:

Or just the delete button?

Giving your time away FREE, LOL, you into comedy now?

How about we make the Devils own kit guy the co-moderator maybe he has more to offer. LOL

:D :D :D

New forum for Salvage?

Maybe SalvageV6 should consider becoming a mod for the yet-to-be established "turbo comedy" forum! :D

Let's see, a member starts a thread asking about alchy systems, other members add info about kits, and Salvage adds his comedy relief and criticism because Razor is a mod and a vendor? Yes, that qualifies him as a potential "comedy" mod.

Since I have heard for years that "vendors run the board, vendors are mods on the board, vendors supress tech discussions, vendors are bad", this is crap. If not for vendors, there would be NO Buick boards. Vendors donate lots of time to HELP owners, not to just promote their products or services.

I know Razor, Julio, and like me he does this because he wants to share his experiences and knowledge to other owners interested in his field of endeavor. Also, like me, he see very little profit, if any at times, since the volume is extremely small and it is a sideline business to his primary source of income.

Over the years, Salvage had posted lots of good tech info and a "few" with his different sense of humor approach. It is hard to sometimes separate tech info, opinions and "humor" from some posts? But in the future we will be more aware of the differences! :)

:) well I suppose I need to throw my .2 in as well.

its not often you buy a new car, and become a member of a pretty small club, and right off the bat find someone like Razor that immediately steps up and starts helping you and answering your questions.

The guy helped me and gave me advice long before I ever even thought about buying one of his kits.

Then (and this is the best part IMO) after I got his kit, he answered phone calls and threads about stuff that had absolutely NOTHING to do with his kit.

He certainly could have just blown me off after I bought the kit.....after all, whatever money he was going to make from me had already been made.

Truth is, on forums like this one........ you wont find very many people at all that are willing to help you out like Julio has done for me.

oh, this is TTAfreak BTW....I forgot my password at home and had to create another name here at work. :D

I bought an SMC kit new from Steve about 4 years ago. Recently, I believe the pump failed on it, so I contacted Steve, and he told me to send it in, and he'd take care of it. Now, that's customer service!

I'm able to run about 22psi on 93 octane pump gas. Thats with a 23°/21° (low/high gear) extender extreme chip. I could probably run more boost, but I haven't even tried yet.

Both kits are great, Both vendors are great. That sure is nice to have good customer service and support from both vendors for two great products. we should all be thankfull.

One thing is for sure I love the Alky for cars you drive. Whoever said that the alky is nice because you can jump in your car anytime and run it around without worrying about wasting the expensive race gas in the tank is 100% correct. I have this "is it worth wasting the race gase debate" all the time with my own car.

Hey Nick did you ever hear Grumpy's nickname for YOU? :p

Not pg13 so I won't type it, head over to tbs.com and do a search. ;)

I ain't the only comedian here, or there. :cool:

Criticism is easy when poor moderation is involved just check out the pol. forum. :eek:

On second thought maybe not... :D

Moderation and sales by slander and lies doesn't work well thought the moderators would have learned that by now.

Back to the informercial, but seriously tuning with alky. isn't all that difficult. ;)

salvageV6 said:

Moderation and sales by slander and lies doesn't work well thought the moderators would have learned that by now.

Back to the informercial........... ;)

I agree with both of these statements! :)

My post was done as a member, not as a moderator. It was my "opnions" and personal comments just as your posts were your opinions. As long as that is understood by us, which I think it is, that is the way it should be. :D

As far a Grumpy's nickname for me, am sure I have heard worse! :rolleyes:

For a relatively small car club :) , we've got more issues than Bush has with the terrorists :mad: . Abraham Lincoln would be ashamed... :(

ross87t said:
I bought an SMC kit new from Steve about 4 years ago. Recently, I believe the pump failed on it, so I contacted Steve, and he told me to send it in, and he'd take care of it. Now, that's customer service!

I'm able to run about 22psi on 93 octane pump gas. Thats with a 23°/21° (low/high gear) extender extreme chip. I could probably run more boost, but I haven't even tried yet.

Update:

I talked to Steve yesterday, and he informed me it was a clogged filter, and not a pump failure. The tank is on it's way back to me right now.
Thanks Steve.