Ajustable Mass Air Sensor

cnoble64

I was looking at the GM high tech book the other day.I was reading about the Abaco Mass Air Meter. Has this mass meter been tried by anyone yet. The add said that they make one for our GN. Abaco Performance LLC

I like the idea, but I never heard of the company before. I would upgrade to a LS1 with a translator or go to speed density and get rid of the MAF all together. .02 cents

They make a GN calibration, i have one on the way for testing. They require no translator and plug right in. I will bolt it to a stock gn and see how it runs for now. They flow enough to support 1350 g/sec which is quite a bit.

I've looked at their website before. They come in a few sized too. What do they cost? If it's comparable to a translator/LT1 maf that would be a nice alternative with no extra wiring. According to them, they are supposed to flow more and be more accurate.

They cost close to $400, but i picked up a used one alot cheaper. I will see if they work as good as they say as soon as i get it installed on a car.

I had posted about this a while back. About the same $'s as the Translator/LS1 combo. It is programable with a laptop.

looks like it flows to around 500g/s with the buick calibration.

Attachments

• dbx chart copy.jpg
    dbx chart copy.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 387
We have one on a Mach 1 at the shop that made about 700 at the wheels. Its a pretty cool piece but the company has lost their minds when it comes to becoming a dealer for them.

I like the fact you can "recurve" it. Basically what the translator does but you still need a chip to match and the translator has more adjustability too.

I like the fact you can "recurve" it. Basically what the translator does but you still need a chip to match and the translator has more adjustability too.

For a Buick the Gen 2 or the MAF Pro is far superior.

So it's not too far off from getting a new Translator and LT or LS maf then.

I'd say they were far enough apart to justify sticking with the the Translator combo. A new Translator and LS1 MAF combo only total out to $320, and a GENII with an LS1 are $370.
That and the fact the translators are proven combo's.

Will the Ls1 maf support 800 rwhp though? I heard it flow a max of 895 cfm. Based on 1.5 cfm per hp average this comes out to 600 hp. Its probably enough for a 109 to handle though..

Just tested this, works about the same as stock maf with there calibration file, with no translater, but flows more than any lt1, or ls1, zo6 maf. I am happy with it so far. But basically its at 255 gms very early, so once past 255 its not doing too much for calibration. The software is tricky, since any changes are not seen until you flash them in, so you can;t do any "realtime changes".

Will the Ls1 maf support 800 rwhp though? I heard it flow a max of 895 cfm. Based on 1.5 cfm per hp average this comes out to 600 hp. Its probably enough for a 109 to handle though..

considering how fast the stock MAF has gone, the LS1 is sure to be more than a 109 can handle.

While its signal calibration maxes out in that range, you can certainly tune a little rich at higher RPM and let it flatline.

Bob

Just an update, the MAf is working flawlessly, don;t be afraid to buy one.