Aftermarket Options That Have Come & Gone

7th Injector, hehe.

Visors for the top of the windshield, usually on trucks.

Louvers on the back windows of F-Body's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

those louvers are actually one of the most sought after things for third gen F bodies right now... those idiots are paying big $$$ for the factory dealer installed ones, and almost as much for actual old aftermarket sets from back in the day.. i'm on a thirdgen facebook group, and not a day goes by that someone somewhere isn't looking for the louvers or the elusive piece of mounting hardware that they need to mount the set that they have..

i hope that those dual wiper blades make a comeback.. those were bitchin..

i hope that those dual wiper blades make a comeback.. those were bitchin..

They worked amazing actually. I needed to replace the wiper blades on my Porsche 924S once and the price for them was absurd. I modified my wiper arms to adapt any GM wiper blade and used the doubles off my old car. They were cheaper than the standard replacements for other cars too.

I once had a rear window defroster, otherwise known as a small ineffective 12 volt hair drier, that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. :oops::rolleyes:

That was in the 70's I think however.... o_O

Rear leaf spring shackles & sometimes with traction bars !

Wind wings were totally kool...
Luckily, I still own three cars that have them. ;)

Slammed dualies with big ass slicks.
Mini trucks with the back of the cab cutout for a huge ass sub box mounted in the bed.

Not aftermarket, but you know what I miss? The cars in the 80's (I think it was all GM) that had the AC vent under the steering column on the dash that aimed right at your crotch, like in our cars. If you live in AZ, you know exactly how functional that thing is.

I think he is referring to those tinted plastic things that people put on the front side windows to keep the wind out.

What are wind wings??

The little vent window that you could open to get a huge blast of air while going down the highway.
Almost every car or truck had them until they faded out in the seventies.

The little vent window that you could open to get a huge blast of air while going down the highway.
Almost every car or truck had them until they faded out in the seventies.

They were great for scooping up bugs and slamming them into chest & face

Fake convertible tops on big Ford and GM luxury sedans.

Gas, Grass or Ass bumper stickers.

Neon Pink and Blue pinstripes/graphics.

Gas caps with locks/required a key.

PVC pipe roll bars in convertible mustangs. Even more hilarious when done with white PVC or a skinny diameter. :rolleyes:

Let's see how many we can find on my old K5 Blazer here...

1. Visor over windshield...check!
2. Grab handles to help get into truck or to hold when trying to was roof...check!
3. Dual CB Antennas for Cobra 148GTL with AM/Upper and Lower Side Band with split channels...check!
4. Pink Heart Beat Of America Stickers...check!.........pink, what was I thinking back then??
5. 2" Add A Leaf Lift instead of real aftermarket spring pack lift...check!
6. Bug Deflector Shield...check!
7. Going to go hide under my desk now from embarrassment!

I know not all of these have come and gone but funny none the less!

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Oh, how about the old Fuel Economy Gauge like I had in my 77 Monte Carlo........god I hated watching that needle move around every time I pressed on the gas pedal!

economy gauge.jpg