How far gone do they have be?

sowle

Picked this up a couple weeks ago. Seems like even five years ago I wouldn't consider putting something like this back together. Here have an 86 in blue and blue gut. I don't have much of the history. To be a fly on the traffic sign when this happened.. Must have been on its side for a while- look at the hole worn in the driver's mirror. Anyway where does a guy draw the line on saving something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_103717540_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230719_103717540_HDR.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20230719_103516249_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230719_103516249_HDR.jpg
    782.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20230719_103452050_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230719_103452050_HDR.jpg
    812.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20230719_103428087.jpg
    IMG_20230719_103428087.jpg
    823.7 KB · Views: 103
Time wasted is money wasted IMO. Unless the car had sentimental value to me, I wouldn't touch something like that. I'd guess that you'd spend at least 2x bringing that car back, vs what you would if you'd bought something that was already done or needed very little. Looks like it's last ride was a wild one!

Cover it up after you push it out in the woods.
Otherwise, the zoning cops might arrest you for running a junkyard.

Yeah, not impossible but that would have to be a LAD restoration. What's a LAD? Love and devotion. Not currently valuable enough for the time, effort, and coin it would take to bring it back to life although, it'll never be cheaper to restore than it is right now. Question is will it ever bring enough to make it worth it if you would restore it now and sit on it. Being that it's a T-Type, I sort of doubt it. I hate to see any car parted out if it can be saved but if you do part it out, it may keep a couple of other cars from the same graveyard fate.

Buddy of mine has quite a few just like that…. And a few more that are even worse off

Rough guess is that it is around 85% still here. If I use it as a donor for another car including the drive train- that Regal isn't worth much either.

What’s your plan for getting that roof back into shape? At some point a new body shell starts to make sense.

Yeah, not impossible but that would have to be a LAD restoration. What's a LAD? Love and devotion. Not currently valuable enough for the time, effort, and coin it would take to bring it back to life although, it'll never be cheaper to restore than it is right now. Question is will it ever bring enough to make it worth it if you would restore it now and sit on it. Being that it's a T-Type, I sort of doubt it. I hate to see any car parted out if it can be saved but if you do part it out, it may keep a couple of other cars from the same graveyard fate.
Wut'chu got against T Types and Turbo T's, Kee-mo-sabe? ;)

Don't know anything about you or your car, but jus' cause the GN's get all the respect, doesn't my Turbo T won't lay waste to your GN on the street or a track.......

I'm only sayin'. :cool:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 39
OH, and he needs to part that one out.....

Just my opinion.

Wut'chu got against T Types and Turbo T's, Kee-mo-sabe? ;)

Don't know anything about you or your car, but jus' cause the GN's get all the respect, doesn't my Turbo T won't lay waste to your GN on the street or a track.......

I'm only sayin'. :cool:

You better check my signature, Bozo 🤡. I've got nothing against my own peeps. I'm one of the marginalized minority owners myself. It's just unfortunate that to the blue note investors, if it isn't a GN, it just isn't a GN.

OH, and he needs to part that one out.....

Just my opinion.
And I can support that too, after all I believe it was none other than Science Officer Spock who dropped this pearl of wisdom, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Or something like that :unsure::D;)

My brother has a T in worse shape than that. I built him a pretty stout engine for it back in maybe 97. He drove it a year or two and its been parked ever since. Really surprised he hasnt sold it.