Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Anyone use one yet?

pump

Yes, we plan on selling them. I won't commit to them until we have finished testing them. There are some "negative rumors" out there that I need to either dispel or verify. I should know more next week.

FWIW: Walbro is coming out with a new pump in the next 60 days that is supposed to flow similar numbers.

Haters or actual proven events with the new pump? Also, if the rumors are proven false and you carry them pricing and availability info please.

Look what showed up today!:biggrin:

I compared it to an old Walbro GSS340M from Racetronix, and it is pretty much exact in size, right down to the inlet and outlet. I ordered the center inlet version like my old Walbro, so in theory it should be no problem to install in our senders.

Even the plug pigtail Aeromotive supplied is exactly like factory so the factory plug will plug right into the Aeromotive pump.

BUT...the polarities are reversed on the Aeromotive pump compared to the Walbro. So I'll probably have to reverse the wires on the OEM sender to match the new pump.

Other than that it looks like just like any other Walbro. I'll try to install it this weekend.

Where did you purchase this? Jegs is showing shipping for the 23rd for that model. The 11140 pump.

I have a tank sitting here ready to put one in as I was totally against using another chinese walbro. :mad:

wow.... seems as if three companies are all releasing similar pumps with similar flows at similar times.......ruuroooohh:eek:..... hopefully its just a coincidence and not just a bunch of rebadging.... i guess we will all see:confused::rolleyes:

Where did you purchase this? Jegs is showing shipping for the 23rd for that model. The 11140 pump.

I have a tank sitting here ready to put one in as I was totally against using another chinese walbro. :mad:

Ordered from Jegs on 12/28/10.:eek:

At the time it said it would ship 1/4/11, so thats why I ordered it, assuming they would have it in stock by then. A few days later Jegs said it would ship direct from Aeromotive....and now nearly 2 months later I finally get it, lol.

Someone please send samples to RC so he can test them. Would love to hear just how similar these are to each other.

Bryan

that resemblence makes me very hesitiant to use one. please keep us updated on its performance.

Will do...and if its not all that its cracked up to be, and Cal's test results show it, then I have the good ol' Bosch 044 on standby.

FWIW: Walbro is coming out with a new pump in the next 60 days that is supposed to flow similar numbers.

Really? Never woulda guessed that. Dunno, but it sounds like walbro is the source for all these new pumps.

Look what showed up today!:biggrin:

I compared it to an old Walbro GSS340M from Racetronix, and it is pretty much exact in size, right down to the inlet and outlet. I ordered the center inlet version like my old Walbro, so in theory it should be no problem to install in our senders.

Even the plug pigtail Aeromotive supplied is exactly like factory so the factory plug will plug right into the Aeromotive pump.

BUT...the polarities are reversed on the Aeromotive pump compared to the Walbro. So I'll probably have to reverse the wires on the OEM sender to match the new pump.

Other than that it looks like just like any other Walbro. I'll try to install it this weekend.

The inlets are not the same. The GSS340M has a 22mm machined inlet designed to take a GM press-on filter sock and uses the common rubber pump mount with the teardrop shaped lower. The AM340 pump is not machined and uses the clip-on filter sock and rubber mount which is normally bundled with Mustang kits.

Yes, we plan on selling them. I won't commit to them until we have finished testing them. There are some "negative rumors" out there that I need to either dispel or verify. I should know more next week.

Hey Cal I'm in need of a new fuel pump, and I was courious as to the outcome of your testing. What would you recommend to replace my current Walbro? I'd like to order as soon as possible...

Amp draw at idle is equal than or more than the Walbro at WOT. Make sure you have a good wiring kit installed.

I am installing one of the Aeromotive one next week in a car that should make 600-630 RWHP with an XFI.

I am installing one of the Aeromotive one next week in a car that should make 600-630 RWHP with an XFI.

Cool. Can you post the results in this thread?
Does the car have stock fuel lines?
One pump?
Alky?

Will do, stock lines,one pump.

I have dynoed a car with a single walbro and made 604 with a twin nozzle set at 5.
Duty cycle shows it was maxed out at that time.
I will be swapping that walbro out for the new aero unit also to see if there is a difference.

Just a little update....

I installed my Aeromotive pump a few days ago. I didn't get a chance to drive it yet to test it at high boost because I need a new alky line. But it's a pretty straightforward install, no harder than doing a Walbro 340. I'll just touch on a couple of very minor issues...

In the first pic...the rubber mount on the left is what came with the AM340...the teardrop shape one on the right is from the Walbro 340. I was gonna use the Walbro rubber mount but the sock filter supplied with the AM340 will not fit on the pump properly with it. If Aeromotive were to use a sock like the one from the Walbro it would work. So instead I used the supplied Aeromotive sock and no rubber mount. I did use the foam isolator from the old Walbro though.

In the 2nd pic...I mentioned earlier the polarities are reversed on the AM340. Simply de-pin the wires from the connector and reverse it. (3rd pic) No cutting or splicing required here.

The only concern I have is that my base fuel pressure did not change with the new pump. So the pump is not overwhelming the return line, as some folks have concerns about that. Or I may have a voltage issue, but I didn't have time to check. When I get my alky issue fixed I'll do some testing and report back.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,073
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,064