Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Anyone use one yet?

good info, so far i have heard only one person have a overwhelming issue. thanks for the update

Base fuel pressure wont get down low enough....from too much flow at low pressures...this high flow when it meets any restriction causes a pressure rise.

The restriction is probably inside the tiny fuel pressure regulator. Peek in one, you'll see how small they are.

Base fuel pressure wont get down low enough....from too much flow at low pressures...this high flow when it meets any restriction causes a pressure rise.

IMHO.... that is not a fuel pump issue, it is a return path issue...... which up to this point..... has proven adequate for all other single in-tank pump setups I am aware of...... so IMHO... this is a good thing.... no? It would mean this pump IS flowing alot more fuel than the old 340's do......

you are coorect this is not a pump issue this is a return line issue. This problem is ok i wouldn't say its a good thing. It proves that the new pump is flowing more volume. Also if i remember right eric opened up the port in the regulator and its still not going down so this would prove that its a return line issue

Any TB vendors selling this pump yet?

The Walbro pumps are probably good enough for most people until mid-low 11's. Only time we have issues with lack of return line flow is when we go double pumper. This might be why they are staged and only one pump runs until you go WOT.

I have 2 being installed this week.
I can get them and sell them at 170.
Someone can probably get them cheaper as I am
not an Aeromotive dealer

you are coorect this is not a pump issue this is a return line issue. This problem is ok i wouldn't say its a good thing. It proves that the new pump is flowing more volume. Also if i remember right eric opened up the port in the regulator and its still not going down so this would prove that its a return line issue

I am wondering if there is anything that can be done about those tiny o-ring fitting restrictions on the connections on the stock lines...maybe drill 'em out...or replace the ends??

Eric M tried drilling the regulator out, with no improvement.

I think the return line it tiny all the way back to the tank, but someone could inspect all the return line hardware and find the small spot.

Bob

Yeah, the line is small to begin with and I think the junctions neck the line down even further. Has anyone ever ran a test on the flow of the lines? It seems like it would be easy to do if you had some spare lines and a rail.

I opened up the "necked down" part of my lines when I installed my new pump. I don't know if that made any difference, but my fuel pressure wont go down any further that 39 lbs with the Accufab or Kirban FPR.

18495-how-install-intank-fuel-pump-im001590.jpg

Earl Brown talks about it here:
How to install an intank fuel pump. - TurboBuicks.com

Aeromotive 340

Did the vendor (Aeromotive/Walbro) use a "turbo regal" similar fuel feed line with when recording the flow with respect to pressure numbers?

Did the vendor (Aeromotive/Walbro) use a "turbo regal" similar fuel feed line with when recording the flow with respect to pressure numbers?

Not sure that it would effect the pressure, but definately the volume.

pump

I have a new one setting in the box and would like to install on the first week in march (have a week off to install new motor in car) has a pump of unknown origin in there now. i also have a new walbro I can use if there is going to be a problem with the fuel pressure and return line I'll wait and see the results here only want to drop tank once

The connections where the fuel line couples near the frame rail is quite small. God help you if you damage the return o-ring and need to find the correct size and material.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/216291-part-number-fuel-o-ring.html

Note: This is NOT the same as the injector rail o-rings.

i posted this response only last month on subject of fuel line o-rings

advance or any other parts store
BWD 27478 (borg warner)
also same part# 27478 for neihoff brand

heres a link with pic http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-BWD_20960843-P_674_R|GRPFUELAMS_569659965___