A little Stage II history

Love It!!!

you know what really pisses me off?
I lived in Kingman, and drove to Vegas shopping 2-3 times a month and went right thru henderson, If I'd only have known!

beautiful car! love those pics,

Johan on this site has 11 lolas , and is now in England racing his shelby cobra ( real cobra) don't know much about his cars, but 11 Lolas???

did I say beautiful car??
thanks
cruzn57

Actually, I was racing the Shelby/Gurney Lola T70, not the Cobra. Lots of fun to be had "over there". I am packing up to go to the Brian Redman race at Road America. We are racing the Lola "Schkee" in group 7. Should be interesting.
Great Buick GTP car ! Looks awesome ! I'll see if I can round up some photos of it from back in the day. John Paul Jr. and I have driven together before and I have inherited some of his old pictures and other "stuff".
The top photo was me about 2 weeks ago in England. The bottom photo was taken at the Bridgehampton Can Am of Dan Gurney in Sept. 1966 !
Best,
Johan Woerheide

goodwood1.jpg

Bridgehampton-1966-09-18-030.jpg

There's a twin turbo'd version of the engine in a guy's basement, in Atlanta. Ruggles built it, and put it in a boat!
The torque curve was so violent coming in, that the boat was hard to operate!!
My engine builder pulled it out, and put a BIG inch BBC in it's place.
AFIK, the engine is still collecting dust in the basement.
I tried to buy it, some yrs ago... Guy wanted too much for it, so I passed. I was warned ahead of time, trying to bargain w/ the owner would get me a ration of $hit.. Not worth it.:frown:
[ AIRC, the guy owns a trucking company, is loaded with $$, and has LPS.]:D

NE1 wanting more info, can call my engine guy...
Garry Grimes
770-475-5272
He may still have contact info.