A little Stage II history

Dereklola,

Have you used those molds yet to make new side-pods? Getting those molds back from California turned out to be quite an adventure!

Dave

BuickGTP. How about a centered overhead shot of the turbo. I'd love to see the pipe routing. If she's put away, I understand.

Dave - yes that was quite an adventure for you! We've made one set of parts from the molds but these were for a friend - pics of the original car and new pieces shown below (I hope!)

I'm concentrating on my Indy Lights engined car first - then the CanAm car some time later. You were a great help on that project. Thx - Derek.

Well I guess the pics didn't make it (although they are showing while I edit this post) - try these links -
- rt2 trueman mosport 9 81 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots
- canam pods 2 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

24062096000537542217jbploT

2117450870053754217DVlpvL

Do you ever race at Mosport in Canada?
if so please let me know you schedule the upcomming season, I'd love to come and see your car.. Mosport is less than a 10 min drive from my door.

Thanks

Dave - yes that was quite an adventure for you! We've made one set of parts from the molds but these were for a friend - pics of the original car and new pieces shown below (I hope!)

I'm concentrating on my Indy Lights engined car first - then the CanAm car some time later. You were a great help on that project. Thx - Derek.

Well I guess the pics didn't make it (although they are showing while I edit this post) - try these links -
- rt2 trueman mosport 9 81 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots
- canam pods 2 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

24062096000537542217jbploT

2117450870053754217DVlpvL

Pics of the air inlet to the turbo (especially just before it enters the turbo) and the air inlet plenum would be great! Is there an air filter in the inlet? If not, how do keep rocks and stuff from getting into the turbo?
Conrad

more pictures

I have got about 9 new pictures The large 6" al pipe
is the air intake it has some filter media strapped to it.
the pictures i took are without the air cleaner/intake pipefeb2.jpg

feb3.jpg

feb4.jpg

feb5.jpg

feb6.jpg

Thanks a million for the new pictures. Any chance of pics of the turbo end of the fiberglass intake duct (where it connects to the turbo inlet bell)? How is the inlet air duct fastened to the turbo inlet bell? Thanks so much for sharing your GTP car with us! It is truly great to see such beautiful engineering! As a professional engineer and certified car nut, I (and many others) can really appreciate the engineering that went into building this car.
Conrad Carter, Jr., P.E.

The 2 black carbon ducts are actually cooling ducts for the rear
brakes The air is forced through the cast magnesium hub carriers
If you look at some of the old pics you will see what looks like a
big(6") bent aluminium pipe this pipe is the air cleaner and air intake
it slide over the intake bell and is clamped to one of the rear frame tubes
hope that helps
steve

Thatttttt's My Dream Car !!!!!!!!

THE RED GTP CAR IS THE ONE JAY LENNO SHOULD HAVE USED AGAINST TIM ALLEN ON TONIGHT SHOW INSTEAD OF DUTTWILIER REGAL CAR ! AS TIM WAS SALEEN PREPPED TRANS AM CAR VS. A DRAG CAR ORANGES TO APPLES JAY DID 70 FT? BURNOUT WHILE DID DONUT ALL OVER THE PARKING LOT IF I COULD AFORD TO BUILD AN ALTAMIA THATS WHAT 272 CI GO INTO INSTEAD OF THE RIV AND I WOULD RUN IT IN THE SIVERSTATE CLASSIC IN NEVADA THANK FOR POST THE GREATEST BUICK EVER!:cool:

Thanks, very interesting.
Anything about Indy 500 history; i.e. Roberto Guerrero doing 260 mph in a Buick V6, for track record? I'd like to hear about that kind of stuff. Or any Indy Buick stories. What's the track record now? etc.

Mike.
In 1996 Arie luyendyk set a track record @237 mph with a ford cosworth.. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for History Lesson

It was awesome to learn and see the different application of these Buick engines. Found a brother to yours.

Gtp

Was reading up on these GTPs quite a History. The white car is in a German Museum. The car BMW ownned and used as a test bed was March Chassis 85G/07..;)they bought to test and get ready to go GTP racing for 86 as they bought 7 chassis in 86. Looks like Phil Conte had at least 5 of these cars at one time or another they were his money Pit he actually owned the last 85G which was 85G/11.:frown: The 86 year was a new design for March they sold to Factory sponsership and BMW bought 7 86g's, Nissan bought 4 and ConteRacing ended up with 1 Buick Powered of coarse. and later sold it to Morretti. The story that cracked me up :D was Conte Racing is at Road Atlanta and his driver John Paul Jr. gets handcuffed and taken to jail right before the race:eek: Man it was good reading on those GTPs. You have a nice one,it's cool that you know it's the BMW car, man that is one cool ride;)

By the way was just thinking the red car I posted is probably yours the BMW owned car in MOMO Racing Trim. One would have to think that when BMW tested the car it was probably sportin a BMW drivetrain. Then when Conte got the Chassis he retrofittted it back to a Buick poweplant since that's what he run in the other March chassis he owned.

last pictures

Here is the completed project wing all. The picture you showed is 86g10
I believe. It still has the BMW body work while this one has 87G March
body work. I was wondering where you found the info on the 89G's
also there is a pretty good article on these cars in Bimmer magazine
April 2003.
Good to here from you
SteveP1010011.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010014.jpg

Very very cool Buick powered road race car and thanks for the pics.

I used to have pictures of a yellow widebody C4 Corvette with a Stage 2 twin turbo Buick motor, super wide slicks, 8 piston front brakes, and I believe a Jerico 5 speed in it. It was located in the midwest I believe. He said it weighed around 2400lbs and he could have anywhere from 700-1000hp depending upon boost settings.

Anyone have any pics of this car?