10 Second 1987 Turbo "T" BMS Stage II Street Car For Sale *Excellent Shape*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TURBO6DAVE

Buicks Buicks Buicks
PRICE:

$23,500.00

HISTORY:

I purchased this car from a fellow member on here in 2006 who just purchased it from another fellow member on here as well. He only owned it for a week as another deal came his way so I am the 2nd Titled Owner. My intentions for buying this car were 2 fold…One for investment and the second to get into street / drag racing.
This car is Mark Wallace’s old Turbo T. He was the original owner & builder of this car.
This car remains almost the same when he sold it with only maintenance, cosmetic & some detail items done to the car. I have come to the realization that I will not be street racing the car or taking it to the track, as I just do not have the funds or the means to do so. The car has been sitting covered up in a heated garage with only 118 miles put on it by me since 2006…..

This is a STREET car, not a drag car. There is NO Cage in it and chances are you will be required to put one in if you go to the drag strip. I never raced the car and can only state what was posted on here (and on Dragtimes) as doing 10.1 @ 134.9 MPH with 23-25 psi.
This car is a Turn-Key Car (provided you type the correct code in the security system) and can be driven to the store with the A/C on!

CAR:

It supports the original paint from the doors back and is in excellent condition (but not perfect! - considering the paint was less than desirable from the factory). The front half of the car was been repainted do to severe checking & what appeared to be brake fluid stains on the drivers fender. Each part was painted separately off the car and the car retains all the original sheet metal & body parts to the best of my knowledge. There are a few minor paint blemishes & some dings in the car - all of which were there prior to my purchase. The car is straight, tight, clean & rust free! This is an Oklahoma car and the underside is impressively clean for a 100K plus car.

The car is factory Black / Blackout Trim Option with a grey interior. It was converted over to a GNX Style Auto Meter Dash and what appears to be a factory / dealer installed computer disable style alarm system with keypad on dash. Factory Options can be seen in the pictures (so no need to list them) along with the RPO Tag. The other unique feature is the custom headrest “6” in two-tone grey.

My Upgrades / Changes:

Front Clip Repainted (Off the car)
N.O.S. GM Bumper Fillers – Front & Rear (at a great cost…..)
N.O.S. “T” Fender emblems were put back on the car
“4.5 SFI TURBO” Emblems Installed on the Hood (the emblems came with the car but never installed)
N.O.S. GM “BUICK” Accessories Decal installed on front Windshield
N.O.S. GM Marker Lamps & Turn Lights Installed
All Wheel Well Trim was Stripped and Repainted
Grille & Headlights Doors were Repainted
Interior Completely Removed & Cleaned (including the seat covers!)
New Headliner Installed on the Original Foam Board
New Material install on the Sun Visors
New Chrome Turn Signal Handle
Lock Pillar Reinforcement Plates
Engine Detailed
MAF Bracket
Upper Radiator Hose Bracket
Aluminum Vacuum Block
Control Arm Heat Shield
Turbo Cover Installed
New Hood Liner made from Aircraft Bulkhead Material - Oil Proof (seller on eBay)
New Hood Shocks
AutoMeter Hood Mounted Fuel Gauge & Bracket Set Up
EGR Block-Off Plate
Brake Accumulator Ball Replaced
Custom Made Dip Stick Tube & Indicator as the motor had none
New Rear Main Seal

Again, I want to reiterate that I did not build this car nor can take any credit for it other than taking care of it. I have made NO computer changes, performance enhancements, or adjustments to the motor, transmission or rear-end! I can only go by the receipts & documentation (posts) provided to me at the time of the sale, which will come with the car along with any / all extra parts from the car including the car cover. I am not a tuner, as I just do not have the time to get involved at that level so please forgive me for being Stage II / Turbo V6 ignorant. This combo set up was built for seeing 35 PSI so barring the stock suspension & rear end concerns with the right knowledge & tuning this car is capable of high 9’s.

MOTOR & TRANS & REAR END (as purchased):

4.1 Cast Iron Stage II Buick Motor Sports Block (Early Production)
Buick Motor Sports 3.59 Crank
Carillo 6.25 Offset Rods
6.5 Quart Oil Capacity Custom Made Steel Oil Pan & Pick Up Tube
GN1-R Aluminum Heads & Valve Covers (Full Competition Porting)
Roller Cam (218-212)
76 Series Turbo (Rebuilt)
V1 Front Mount Intercooler
Terry Houston Stainless Steel 3.5 Down Pipe
Terry Houston Stainless Steel 2.75 Exhaust System
83 Lbs Injectors
Stock ECM & Ign. Coil with 2 Chips and Direct Scan Interface (Obviously upgrade needed here)
200 R4 built by Vince Janis with Billet Parts & Deep Trans Pan
P.I. Torque Converter (Rebuilt) 9.5 - 3200 LockUp
Stock 3.42 Posi (Listed as being rebuilt but I can’t confirm this)

WHEELS:

TelStar

Contact Info:
Dave Anderson
630-904-4500 Ext 117 (Days)
630-806-9501 Cell

5_Engine_1.jpg1_FRONT.jpg2_Orig_LH_Side.jpg3_Orig_Rear.jpg4_NEW_Fillers.jpg

Appreciate all the interest outside of this post (obviously)
Accepted an offer on the car and now....the buyer is MIA....
Please check with your wife first or make sure you are not buying a house at the same time or being relocated to another state for your job.....
Also, a partial trade is considered but not preferred .... but you have to tell me what you want to trade for me to consider it......
This car is NOT a pile of crap and I have been contacted by 2 people saying that I am priced right and not to give it away regardless of the economy.....
I need the room more so than the money. Remember every LKQ - TR that sells dirt cheap affects all of our resale & insurance values.....

Reduced Price: $22500.00

I talked to the owner awhile back. Very nice guy and straight forward. Currently putting a stage II car together with similar combo, if I knew about this car couple of months ago I would look into further. Good luck.

Denny

I purchased this car new Aug 12th 1987 , I can help with any ?'s about the car , no rust, no accidents , was built to be a 100 % street car , it was to fast to race at the track without major work , rollcage .ect ect . so I sold it .

Mark

I was asked to put some more pictures up of the body ..etc...
I spoke to Mark, the original owner (listed above). Super Nice & Knowledgeable Guy! He is willing to answer any questions via phone as well for serious buyers - so please respect that!
I'm mixed on selling this but my brain overrides my heart guys... This needs to go to a home where it can be used not parked in a garage which is my own fault.... I bit off more than I could chew!

IMG_9634.jpgIMG_9561.jpgIMG_9562.jpgIMG_9563.jpg

Hmmmm Nice car, Price is a bit steep but still a badass T-Type :D

Too bad that the Economy is down, otherwise that car would have pulled down more money. I know few guys paid close to 30K for something that wasn't as nice as this car. Most people always under estimates the Stage II build cost.

Prasad

Status
Not open for further replies.