A co-worker wants to race me at Kansas City International Raceway

the 275/60 would be good but a 28x9 slick would be better.
I wouldn't worry about what helmet you have as long as you have one.
I've never worn a jacket there. (10.90)
I've never been checked for a drive shaft loop. I do have one though
I don't think they really will start checking safety unless you get into the 11.40s without a cage and 9.90s without certification. You do need to have the basics down like battery secured/overflow.

You have a 10.90 downpipe now just get some 110 and turn the boost up.

Everyone I know that ran a low 13 to low 12 that tried a 28" tire went slower with it. Wasn't until they were going 110+mph that the 28" tire helped...

Well I'm covered for tires as I picked up a set of MT drag radials last night size 275-50. Then I also picked up a pair of steel Chevy rally rims to mount them on. Hope having steel 15X8 rims doesn't slow me down too much, I've still got the stock aluminum finned rims on the front.

On the helmet issue....does KCIR also rent helmets for the occasional racer? Or is this something I'm going to need to buy?

LMK. Thanks!

Everyone I know that ran a low 13 to low 12 that tried a 28" tire went slower with it. Wasn't until they were going 110+mph that the 28" tire helped...

I hope he plans on going faster than 110mph or hes in trouble.

Thought I'd give an update....

I found a pair of 275-50 M/T drag radials locally and had them mounted on a set of 15X8 Corvette rallys with a 4" b.s. The driver side only has 1/2" clearance from the frame rail so I made a post in the tire section asking about wheel spacers, if I should get them or not. (wasn't sure how much side to side movement, if any the rear might have)

Still waiting on my helmet to get in (should be here today) and the d.s. loop will be in on Friday.

However turns out my co-worker doesn't have a helmet so he's dropping out for this week. :mad: But says he'll try again next week. Only thing is after this week I won't be able to come back out for a few more weeks, so our little grudge match is going to have to wait. That is unless if the track also rents out helmets.....?

One thing I'm confused on...KCIR says it's $10 to get in and $20 to race, so if I'm reading that right that's $30 total to race my car plus the fire suit rental? Or is that $20 also include admission?

Johndeere green, if all goes well I'm going to try to shoot for this Fri since I'll be off. (I believe they're having a free-for-all grudge match right) I'll keep you posted if I can't make it, so please bring your camera if you can. I wouldn't mind having some youtube clips.

I did notice on KCIR's website they say gates open at 5:30. Hopefully I can get there early and get in some runs before everyone and their brother starts pouring in. Unless of course there's a line out to Nolan road before the gates open.

While the Mustang guy is fudging around get to the track for some test runs.;)

Thats $20 total. Coming to Blue springs Sat. night?

I'll try to make it up there...what time will you be there?

I don't think you need a fire suit yet :p

Grumpy, maybe not, but you see in order to do this since I am military, I had to receive a "safety briefing" from the commander on this...and I was briefed to "have a fire suit on, fire boots and gloves too". So hopefully they also rent boots/gloves....as they say "you can never be too safe".

Grumpy, maybe not, but you see in order to do this since I am military, I had to receive a "safety briefing" from the commander on this...and I was briefed to "have a fire suit on, fire boots and gloves too". So hopefully they also rent boots/gloves....as they say "you can never be too safe".

hmmmm... I don't know of any track that would "rent" all that safety gear :confused: I know some do rent helmets but that was it. good luck !!

So does the car make a clean pass at 25psi and 23 degrees with pump and alky?

I'd be surprised if the stock intercooler can do this with Alky at the end of 3rd. I'd mix in some 103 etc octane to guarantee the race is knock free at the track unless I missed that it's 1/8th mile.

So does the car make a clean pass at 25psi and 23 degrees with pump and alky?

I'd be surprised if the stock intercooler can do this with Alky at the end of 3rd. I'd mix in some 103 etc octane to guarantee the race is knock free at the track unless I missed that it's 1/8th mile.

I won't be able to run it until Friday.

The intercooler does have a Dutt neck, so it's not totally stock. ;) Besides I always thought alky sort of made up for having a stock intercooler...???

A gas station 25 miles away does sell 100 and 110 octane. The 110 I believe is cheaper. If my gas gauge ain't lying I've got almost 3/4 tank now but it's a 60 mile drive.

If you really believe I should add some VP purple koolaid, how much should I have to the 93 octane in the tank now?

Oh yeah almost forgot....anyone know if KCIR sells race fuel and/or Methanol?

100 Octane unleaded should be all you need with alky. to run the car.

No need to eat up an O2 sensor.

So tell us everything you know about the coworkers Mustang in one paragraph please.

What mods. what's it run, what tires, etc.???

He drive it daily? Ever?

100 Octane unleaded should be all you need with alky. to run the car.

No need to eat up an O2 sensor.

So tell us everything you know about the coworkers Mustang in one paragraph please.

What mods. what's it run, what tires, etc.???

He drive it daily? Ever?

I've seen the car once, today sitting in the parking lot at my work. It's bright ass yellow Mach 1 with the blacked hood scoop/stripe down the hood, manual trans. It has the street Falkens on it. I asked him if he had race tires and he said he doesn't. He just came back from a 4 month deployment. Word is he bought the car shortly before he left. Word also says he just bought a bunch of stuff for it but no one seems to know what.

If I were to guess I'd say he's never had it on the track since he didn't know about the helmet rule and thus dropped out.

How much 100 you think i should put in? Also is the 110 actually leaded? i didn't think it was. (I think I've ran it in the car before w/no repercussions..back when i was chasing false knock)