911 turbo body..

2swoosh

aka BURNRBR
I have a very nice 911 turbo RS with wide a butt configuration that currently has a SBC and a 5 speed Porsche in it.

Lookin for infos on installing a GN motor and a turbo 400 tranny in it, don't know if possible but maybe worth the try?

My donor car is currently a complete running car with A/C and in great condition i want it to be something special and wicked.

Anyone? hello John Lindsay? call me (856) 426-9607 Carmelo

I have a very nice 911 turbo RS with wide a butt configuration that currently has a SBC and a 5 speed Porsche in it.

Lookin for infos on installing a GN motor and a turbo 400 tranny in it, don't know if possible but maybe worth the try?

My donor car is currently a complete running car with A/C and in great condition i want it to be something special and wicked.

Anyone? hello John Lindsay? call me (856) 426-9607 Carmelo

holly sh!t how many cars do you have??????

id like to see this happen - is it possible to mount the engine in the trunk (conventional way/front of car) with out totally killing the car??

I'm thinking it'd work better in the rear, MUCH easier to get the power to the ground. :D

I prefer the rear install too, i currently have 2 hybrid cars (RX-7 and the T) and they are both nice. My 911 donor car is maybe aeound 1600 lbs without the motor and tranny and i'm thinkin of giving it a GN full stroker set up with a girdle and at least a 76 dual bb turbo and if possible a turbo 400. I'm in South Jersey so if anyone interested to take this project please let me know.

I prefer the rear install too, i currently have 2 hybrid cars (RX-7 and the T) and they are both nice. My 911 donor car is maybe aeound 1600 lbs without the motor and tranny and i'm thinkin of giving it a GN full stroker set up with a girdle and at least a 76 dual bb turbo and if possible a turbo 400. I'm in South Jersey so if anyone interested to take this project please let me know.
Id like to see that monster!!!!

Why on earth would you want to get read of the Porsche trans-axle, how would you even do that in a 911; or did I miss something here???

Why on earth would you want to get read of the Porsche trans-axle, how would you even do that in a 911; or did I miss something here???

i would like to get rid of the Porsche transaxle because it won't be able to handle the power of a stroked GN motor unless it's a G30 but still questionable:biggrin: if it's doable i'd like a built turbo 400.

I posted this thread because i don't have the time nor the facility to do this project but if someone out there would like to tackle it please get in touch with me gauditec@yahoo.com

i would like to get rid of the Porsche transaxle because it won't be able to handle the power of a stroked GN motor unless it's a G30 but still questionable:biggrin: if it's doable i'd like a built turbo 400.

I posted this thread because i don't have the time nor the facility to do this project but if someone out there would like to tackle it please get in touch with me gauditec@yahoo.com

But how do you get the power from the output shaft of the TH400 to the rear wheels of the 911? I can see how you could do that in a 944, but you cant get around the need for a transaxle with in a 911.
If you need a beefier trans-axle, Factory Five Racing made their own porsche style for the gtm to hold the power of a tuned LS motor on the track.

ok GlockandRoll you are right there's no way to install an american made automatic on this car i'll check what other options are out there.

Why not look at a 944, I think it would be a better host for what you are talking about.. and probably better handling and less expensive?

Consider a TH425 from an old Toronado. Basically a FWD TH400 and it'll bolt right up to the Buick engine.

26274eBay_photo.jpg

2swoosh the only guy i know that can give you info on your build is steve kaminski he is from south nj i know he put the turbo v6 in firebirds fords mustangs i think you know him, he did all my work on my gn and i'am very happy with his work, he takes his time and its done right,you can trust him,

I dont know if you will find this useful/relevant or not but there are a lot of hybrid fiero's out there rear engine/rear drive with 3800 series 2 SC or turbo conversions using the 4t65e-hd transaxle which has been built to withstand over 900 hp in zzp's fwd car which is stock block & rotating assembly and went 8.6 @159 with a 4t65e backing it - cores are plentiful and cheap both engines and trans

Dave at triple edge performance is who I would ask if your looking for someone to do this swap for you ( s2 3800)

Thank you everyone for sharing and for anybody who wants to see this car it's on this site theautostorenj.com i don't know how to transfer the images so if anyone can do it please do so.

Never mind the color it will be GN black with fat tires when its all done:biggrin:

No offense but that simply wont work in a 911

Would you mind telling us why it wouldn't work? I have seen plenty of Fieros with the TH425 and Th325/4L. I am thinking of doing a 911 as well. I have way too much projects as of right now but someday I would like to get my hands on a 911.

Thanks
Prasad

the pioneer on this thing is a company called Renegade Hybrid of Texas but somewhat not clear on how much horsepower they were able to extract on LSX build. Never seen an automatic in any of their build. My wish list is a full stroker GN motor with a 76 ball bearing (girdled 4.1) and a built 2004r.

My old man has a 79' 911 with a turbo SBC. He went through the guys at renegade also....adapter plate that bolts right up to the transaxel they make for the SBC. Every time he looks over at my side of the garage he gets this idea of putting my motor in his car. renegade would definitely be the guys to ask about it. Maybe they can make one? Who knows.....Any who my pops is currently throwing a full carbon body kit on the car that he acquired years ago with some $$$$$ and some luck! Figure OP would like the pics :) Sry..some are really crappy but its all I got on this pc :(

Where the idea comes from as my father wades around the back of his car... Eyesight locked on my LC2 that he knows is way more badass :p
2m4x5vo.jpg

2isfk81.jpg

33vnnlw.jpg

ejzmvo.jpg

2q3y6hj.jpg

nqr11d.jpg

wow! that's a monster on the making and thanks for sharing, mine was also built by Renegade and i will give them a call regarding my issue. What tranny does your dad have? what State are you guys from? You can view my car here theautostorenj.com (yellow RS). It's currently driveable on the street but it's slow and i'd prefer a stroked GN motor and 200r4 or a turbo 400 reversed valve set up.